Among Us - the most fun game with friends you're probably not playing

Brick

After watching a few Destiny content creators play this game I couldn't help but think that this seems like the perfect game to play with a good group of friends. Just watching these guys play the game was hilarious, and had me laughing hard. 

Decided to get the game and play with some of the Destiny crew from here, and we had a lot of fun, and I can't wait to play again. 

The gameplay is simple; 4-10 people are on a space station and need to complete simple, various tasks in order to win, however, 1-3 people are impostors and need to kill everyone before the tasks are complete, and can sabotage the station to impede progress. Players can call a meeting if they find a body, or see something suspicious, and then vote to kick someone out of they believe that person was the impostor. It's so simple, but like I said it's a ton of fun to play with friends. The best way to play is to having everyone muted while doing tasks, and only unmute and talk during meetings. Obviously dead people stay muted. It's the kind of hilarious game of accusing people that could lead to ruined friendships lol. 

The game is available for iOS and Android, or for 5 bucks on Steam if you want to support the devs a bit. 

It's such a fun game, and I think we should get some D1P nights going, just like the old days of when we would have Team Fortress 2sdays.

If you want to watch a few videos to give you an idea, here are some. It's funny watching the same match from a different perspective. 

The game actually came out in 2018, but didn't get any sort of attention until recently thanks to all the YouTubers/Twitchers streaming the game. 

We've tried a few of these secret saboteur games IRL like Secret Hitler and Ultimate Werewolf, and we found that my friend group is terrible at them. We've played a lot of complicated board games, but we seem to have trouble with the strategy and its seems we're bad at lying in these games. I wonder if we'd be better at the subterfuge and what not if we're not sitting across the table from each other.

I didn't realize Among Us came out in 2018. I just noticed it was becoming one of the biggest games on Twitch.

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

We've tried a few of these secret saboteur games IRL like Secret Hitler and Ultimate Werewolf, and we found that my friend group is terrible at them. We've played a lot of complicated board games, but we seem to have trouble with the strategy and its seems we're bad at lying in these games. I wonder if we'd be better at the subterfuge and what not if we're not sitting across the table from each other.

I didn't realize Among Us came out in 2018. I just noticed it was becoming one of the biggest games on Twitch.

Pick up Jackbox Party Pack 3 and try Fakin' It. If you all are terrible at lying, this is a pretty good game to work on your deception skills.

9 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I played secret hitler and my friends are awful at it. I really wish I could play it with people who can actually strategize. 

1 hour ago, The def star said:

I played with my friends this past Friday and it was pretty fun. But their servers were just getting smashed that it took me a good 10 min to set up a lobby 

When I played with the Destiny clan we were on an Asian server, which seemed to help. You can switch your region. 

5 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

You all playing steam or mobile?  Don’t know if there’s cross play there.

Yes there is cross play. When playing with friends, if someone sets up a room there will be a code that anyone can put in to join. Voice chat is through Discord. 

• 1 month later...

All right it's been a wild week, how about we unwind with some Among Us tomorrow night? We can start late enough so people can finish whatever they need to do throughout the day, say 10 pm EST. We'll get on Discord and accuse each other of being sus. 

• 4 weeks later...