Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update (08/22): PC demo patch and system requirements released

Pikachu

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, this makes me wonder if I wasn’t having performance issues because I wasn’t running it in borderless and using “full screen” like a non-weirdo 

Yeah bro, several seconds of black screen when you alt-tab is definitely the norm these days!

23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah bro, several seconds of black screen when you alt-tab is definitely the norm these days!

It’s like less than a half-second and borderless almost always has performance loss vs full screen, not to mention GSync is recommended to run in full screen.

Except DXGI flip model doesn’t fix the issues with GSync in windowed applications bro, and there’s been tests showing there’s still performance differences vs exclusive full screen sometimes bro, maybe you should not care about .25 seconds of black screen and run games better bro

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It definitely did a shader compilation for me

It for sure did one when I launched the game the 2nd time (which was after installing driver update). I don't think it did one the first time I launched it.

Regardless I'm glad it's fixed now but yeah that was very frustrating and I can see why people were leaving negative reviews. Shame because the game does actually run great now.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Except DXGI flip model doesn’t fix the issues with GSync in windowed applications bro, and there’s been tests showing there’s still performance differences vs exclusive full screen sometimes bro, maybe you should not care about .25 seconds of black screen and run games better bro

If you say so bro but I can detect no measurable difference bro, same settings, both on gsync, only difference is fullscreen vs borderless bro

Xwe4BEN.jpeg

e9xlnBc.jpeg

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

If you say so bro but I can detect no measurable difference bro, same settings, both on gsync, only difference is fullscreen vs borderless bro

Xwe4BEN.jpeg

e9xlnBc.jpeg

Yea, bro, it’s not like they just issued a patch to fix borderless full screen performance issues and didn’t need to patch exclusive full screen bro. Totally not that GSync has “full-screen only” set as the default option in NCP for a reason bro

• Haha 1