Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update (08/22): PC demo patch and system requirements released

Pikachu

Just now, best3444 said:

I'll have to beat FF to fully make that judgment but FF is just much more my style of game. 

It’s a perfect blend of long cinematic scenes, quick cut screens, and gameplay. My only complaint is it is light on the rpg elements. 

• True 1

Wow, major letdown.

Spoiler

Odin is a major letdown. No Eikon fight with Odin.

I don't even get why.  It was the Eikon fight I had been looking forward to the most as nothing was ever revealed. Now I know there was nothing.

I am ranking this game extremely high on my list. It's just so perfect for my gaming preferences and I just really enjoy it a lot. 

If this ends really well then it might sneak in my top 10 games ever. It's just so fucking awesome. I absolutely love the realistic vibe and the simplicity of the "RPG" elements. The combat is really fun once you open abilities and the characters, voice acting, and story are just top shelf. 

I can understand the criticism some of you guys have in this thread but for me they are all positives in my opinion. For me that is. 

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

Wow, major letdown.

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't even get why.  It was the Eikon fight I had been looking forward to the most as nothing was ever revealed. Now I know there was nothing.

I agree with this sentiment, I expected so much more from that fight.

While there are towns. There no cities in this game. No, Midgar, no Alexandria, no Ishguard, not nothing. It is only towns and villages. That is upsetting.

Also, Clive has never used magic in any cutscene. You have like 8 Eikons and you never see their power. It is just the sword or LB. It's not like you can miss any Eikon either. I don't get it. The sword hasn't been relevant since I got 3 Eikons. Clive is a summoner/channeler. I'd love to see it shown off in the CS. No excuse.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

While there are towns. There no cities in this game. No, Midgar, no Alexandria, no Ishguard, not nothing. It is only towns and villages. That is upsetting.

Also, Clive has never used magic in any cutscene. You have like 8 Eikons and you never see their power. It is just the sword or LB. It's not like you can miss any Eikon either. I don't get it. The sword hasn't been relevant since I got 3 Eikons. Clive is a summoner/channeler. I'd love to see it shown off in the CS. No excuse.

You go through one city as it’s being destroyed. Otherwise, I agree.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

You go through one city as it’s being destroyed

More like 3. :p

But I wasn't counting missions/stages. Cuz of course there are cities in the game, but you can't go to them outside of cutscenes and stages. Fuck all these barren open zones, give me a fuckin city. It was another aspect I was looking forward to, but while HD towns aren't hard anymore, I guess cities still are. :/

• Halal 1

Just now, BloodyHell said:

I haven’t done a single one of those stone challenges yet 

Shit is pretty fun. Except for the light one. I hate the Eikon of Light's spells other than the giga one which I have mastered.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Oh, no it ain't! It FUCKS. These are just trash mobs, but Wew laddie, it kills bosses quickly too.

Reveal hidden contents

What eikons and abilities are you using?

I’ve been using a lot of garuda for breaking stagger bars, but its not good for much else, and was wondering if there is better fit for the purpose?

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

What eikons and abilities are you using?

I’ve been using a lot of garuda for breaking stagger bars, but its not good for much else, and was wondering if there is better fit for the purpose?

Spoiler

Shiva with Diamond Dust and Gigaflare

Garuda with Raging Fists and Windup

Odin with Heaven's Cloud and Dancing Steel.

Diamond dust is the will-breaking king.

• Halal 1

Holy fucking shit. Look at all of these sidequests that popped literally RIGHT before the final mission. If you don't want to spoil the final mission name, don't open it. Not really any spoilers here other than that. AND that's only half as there are more on the world map!

Spoiler

DHgKHak.jpg

There are two side quests in the letter bin as well.

• Haha 1

I thought there'd be like 3 SQs and some hunts. Not 10 SQs that you have to do so you can unlock the locations for the hunts to appear.

Thought the last few quest would just be loaded with the good boy points instead of having 80 million side quests. uuu guu

• Halal 1

I got to the first “story is about to go nuts are you sure you want to proceed?” Then spent the next almost two hours like 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

game is fucking incredible 

• Halal 1