Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update (08/22): PC demo patch and system requirements released

Pikachu

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’d say I’ll play this after you play FF7R but I really want to play this one on pc :P

Yea. I understand you want to play this at 120fps. It's just a year or so away so you're missing out now. But you have plenty of games to play. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I’d say I’ll play this after you play FF7R but I really want to play this one on pc :P

No BS: once I got to the first more “open” area which had fields of grass, even in “graphics mode” the use of FSR, and its more-often than not shittiness for handling motion, combined with the games own motion blur makes everything except what’s dead center on the screen turn into a barely visible blur of colors when circling the camera left/right. Running around without moving the camera left/right quickly + combat is fine, but jfc :p 

• Sad 1

Kinda fucked up how(big spoilers)

Spoiler

so many people left Clive to rot as a slave, including his brother. Like, I get that many people thought he was dead, but Josh seemed to know his brother was alive before the story even reveals it as such. And then there are these Undying fucks who might be ninjas and have spies and yet either ignored Clive or didn't know he was alive. I mean, it had been 13 years, and Cid instantly knew who Clive was just based on one display of his powers. Also weird that Josh's GF is genderbent Clive. At least he isn't incestuously gay for Clive, I guess. Like, is getting harder and harder to sell that no one knew about Clive. And like, uh, there were 13 years of downtime where Ultima could have claimed Clive at any time. Also, the whole 5 year time skip was WAY too long. Especially, to not even get a change of clothes. One year would have been, fine, maybe two, but fucking 5? And literally no romantic advancement with Clive and Jill or them even finding different partners? It's like nothing happened in 5 years, and then we destroy the mother crystals in rapid succession. At least fast enough to where seasons aren't changing. It's just way too long of a time gap only then to speed things up immediately.

This is the kind of stuff that comes off as poor writing. Stuff that I feel has been in pretty much every FF I have played to date and was hoping to not see in 16.

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You guys must be spoiled from PC because these are the best visuals on PS5. It's absolutely beautiful. The motion blur and 30fps are absolutely fine for me. Just play it on pc in 2 years and stop crying. 

The graphics can be great and the FSR implementation for motion can be poor - there’s no reason both can’t be true. :p 
FSR’s handling of fast motion is typically poor on PC too if it’s using below the “quality” setting at 4k (and even then, it’s like 3/4 times of still being bad vs being fine).

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The graphics can be great and the FSR implementation for motion can be poor - there’s no reason both can’t be true. :p 
FSR’s handling of fast motion is typically poor on PC too if it’s using below the “quality” setting at 4k (and even then, it’s like 3/4 times of still being bad vs being fine).

:/

The motion blur is literal dog shit, especially if you don't play games with it on. It isn't even a PC thing either. Even Mass Effect 1 has the option to turn it off I believe, so it isn't some rare option. How they even thought it was OK is mind-boggling. Like, what exactly are they hiding by having it on? Like, wouldn't the game look and run better with it off? It actually impacts the visual fidelity of the game. It is NUTS that I can say that a game looks worse in motion than when standing still.

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Demon's Souls still looks better than this.

Demon Souls is a corridor game. FF has pretty massive areas to explore. 16 is the best visuals, period. The motion blur doesn't bother me at all. You guys are crazy. Plus, are you even playing FF?

• Haha 1

"it doesn't bother me" isn't valid cuz it wouldn't bother you if it was missing

I don't know anyone who goes "Wow, I sure wish this game had motion blur." Most people who play with motion blur on are the types of people who don't even think of changing the sensitivity in the settings if they feel it is too slow or too fast. At least from my experience anyway. They are the types of people who put the disc in and press play before looking at the settings.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't know anyone who goes "Wow, I sure wish this game had motion blur." Most people who play with motion blur on are the types of people who don't even think of changing the sensitivity in the settings if they feel it is too slow or too fast. At least from my experience anyway. They are the types of people who put the disc in and press play before looking at the settings.

You mean like you when you hooked up your ps5 without making sure the settings were correct for a good quality picture? Lol

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You mean like you when you hooked up your ps5 without making sure the settings were correct for a good quality picture? Lol

No? It was my monitor. And I thought I had the correct settings as I said. Why would the RGB values that I set for my monitor change depending on the input? I have never owned a TV or monitor that that that. I DID check the PS5 settings when I first got it and it's part of the setup. Why are you offended that you are that type of person?

Just now, Bacon said:

No? It was my monitor. And I thought I had the correct settings as I said. Why would the RGB values that I set for my monitor change depending on the input? I have never owned a TV or monitor that that that. I DID check the PS5 settings when I first got it.

I was busting your balls. I am sure to check all settings on my TV and console before playing games. Overall, I honestly don't care how others play their games. If the motion blur is too bad quit the game. And if you want ff16 to run at 60fps wait 2 years for the port. In the meantime I'm playing the game now in all its glory on my 65inh OLED. 

• True 1

If it wasn't for spoilers, I would have waited to play this. The whole reason I wanted a PS5 was so I wouldn't get spoiled in the year+ it will take to port this to PC. I have said this before and everyone seems to ignore it. I know a motion blur patch is coming in the future, but again, spoilers. Same with keybinds. It's not my fault SE launched a game without some of the most basic settings such as custom keybinds or the option to turn off motion blur.

Kinda just sounds like yer bragging about being satisfied with the inferior. We get that it doesn't bother you, but you are sure to mention how it doesn't bother you should a person say it does bother them.

:shrug:

And don't take that the wrong way. I'm sure playing on a 4k HDR display looks great, especially for cutscenes and the Eikon fights. It's not really inferior since you don't prioritize FPS and clarity in movement. You want the nice visuals and that's fine.

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

What control scheme is everyone using? I'm only like 4-5 hours in but I switched to B & it feels much better. Charging you sword and magic at the same time is awkward as hell with the default scheme.

I think all control schemes suck, but I use type B as well, since the demo as it is the only option that puts dodge on O. I HATE the R1+R2 commands as I feel they are more awkward to press over square+triangle. I basically never use lunge or plunge because of that.

37 minutes ago, Bacon said:

When you go over to your parent's house and they have tru-motion turned on, hooked the TV up with composite cables and watching stretched 4:3 image and they say it looks great!

• True 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Now do you understand why I hate him

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I was busting your balls. I am sure to check all settings on my TV and console before playing games. Overall, I honestly don't care how others play their games. If the motion blur is too bad quit the game. And if you want ff16 to run at 60fps wait 2 years for the port. In the meantime I'm playing the game now in all its glory on my 65inh OLED. 

Cause muh frames per second

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Imagine if we explain screen tearing to you and then you notice it all the time. You wouldn't say, "picky" you'd say ":sick:"

If you have to explain it to me then obviously it isn’t noticeable or a big deal. Can’t wait to talk about the game in a year after you get to play it!

The game would look incredible if it ran without hiccups and you could turn off motion blur.

I've been pretty vocal for many months about how great this game was going to be (and so far it is) but it definitely runs a bit worse than I expected.

Definitely looking forward to the PC release. 

Just now, thedarkstark said:

The game would look great if it ran without hiccups and you could turn off motion blur.

I've been pretty vocal for many months about how great this game was going to be (and so far it is) but it definitely runs a bit worse than I expected.

Definitely looking forward to the PC release. 

For me it’s not even the motion blur, it’s the FSR upscale combined with dynamic resolution in “graphically demanding” areas when quickly moving the camera. The motion blur in less demanding spots doesn’t bother me