Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update (08/22): PC demo patch and system requirements released

Pikachu

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I must've missed it in the 3 days of weird arguments!

LIES IT WAS A MASSIVE POST

44bab62df3da4bfdad4cac86bbb1004e

On 6/17/2023 at 11:12 AM, Bacon said:
final-fantasy-16-to-have-day-one-patch-2
WWW.XFIRE.COM

However, the Day One patch isn't necessary to play the game and is a

Also, they mentioned more changes are coming based on the feedback from the Demo.

•     Adjusting motion blur and the ability to turn it off
  •     Camera movement speed and an option to turn off auto-follow
  •     Key bindings

But these 3 most likely won't be included in this patch, would be nice if it did though

• No Japanese lip sync. He recommends playing in English whatever your native language is and using subtitles in your language as English was prioritized for motion capture and acting performances
  • They are confident you will enjoy the story if you enjoyed the demo, the demo was not “front loaded” in terms of story and engagement
  • However, there will be more gameplay than what was shown in the demo
  • They are taking performance issue feedback seriously and hope to have a patch out to address this - 300mb DAY ONE PATCH confirmed
  • They are also going to address motion blur concerns and add a toggle if they can
  • They are listening to feedback about button mapping and said they will provide more button layouts, the ability to remap yourself, or both
  • Optimized for HDR, recommends using HDR display if you have one
  • Bloody Palace equivalent (basically a wave based gauntlet mode for those unfamiliar)
  • NG+ mode that offers new challenge, including new bosses, new enemy placements, and new moves on existing bosses
  •  Prologue can be skipped in NG+
  • NG+ gives you a “score” and rating based on action performance on the top right, this was turned off by default on NG because they didn’t want you obsessing over it and wanted players to focus on the story
  • The controversial Liquid Flame “cinematic dodge” thing was due to the result of an equip-able accessory that enhances your dodge, totally optional

The livestream

Hate all the people who got this early.

Haven't been spoiled, just jealous. GIVE ME THE GAME!

There are streamers just passing the time until 16 comes out. It feels like so many people I follow are just waiting for it.

• Halal 1

Today's most bonkers news is that Square Enix, which of course is blasting money at the Final Fantasy 16 marketing campaign like there's no tomorrow, has decided to have the main character's sword forged in real life, and displayed in the Tower of London. The exhibition, such as it is, will last one month and marks a partnership with the Royal Armouries, which no doubt has received a handsome cheque for its troubles.

The Royal Armouries, to be fair, is a serious and renowned museum that keeps and displays the UK's national collection of arms, armour and artillery from throughout history. It manages the White Tower at the Tower of London, along with two other national museums. For the next month the Final Fantasy 16 sword, named Invictus, will be on display on the first floor of the White Tower, a cheery place where it's believed among other things Guy Fawkes was tortured to near-death (before being put to death). Square Enix's press release notes with some glee that this marks "the first time a sword created from a videogame has ever been housed in the Royal Armouries alongside armour once owned by Kings".

I mean, sure. The sword was crafted over months by swordsmith Tod Todeschini, and it has to be said looks like an incredible recreation of the in-game item: the detail is quite something. "The lower part of the blade was ground from solid steel using belt finishers and hand grinders and then a long steel peg was welded-on, which went from the blade ridge to the end of the pommel," it says here. "The upper part of the blade was then made from two hollow shells, then welded together and cleaned using belt and hand grinders. The final pieces of detail at the top of the blade were formed and spot welded in place to complete the blade".

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Any point in getting the deluxe version of this? I won't be back in front of my PS5 until next month so I won't be playing it until then anyway. Haven't even been able to try the demo :(

Here is the break down on what you get for each tier:

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Any point in getting the deluxe version of this? I won't be back in front of my PS5 until next month so I won't be playing it until then anyway. Haven't even been able to try the demo :(

Bruh if you knew you were going to be away for so long why didn’t you take your PS5 with you?

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bruh if you knew you were going to be away for so long why didn’t you take your PS5 with you?

I'm not lugging that giant Foreman grill of a console across the country :p I brought my Switch and my Laptop with me and bought an X series X while I was here at my parent's house that I'm going to leave here. Would have gotten a digital PS5 if I saw one in the wild but never came across one. I'll be heading home in a couple of weeks so no point in getting one now. I can wait. Plenty of shit to play.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Here is the break down on what you get for each tier:

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough.

Seems a little light for the Digital deluxe release. Best Buy has an Exclusive Steel case for the Physical deluxe edition and I have some unspent rewards points there that will get me the Deluxe version for about 50 bucks. I may go with that.

final-fantasy-16-clive-Cropped.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Final Fantasy 16's demo is unintentionally hilarious in how it mimics Game of Thrones and makes Clive swear all the time.

Here’s how ‘Final Fantasy’ the newest game in the series is: the main character is a goth dude whose catchphrase is a worried sigh. That’s about as Final Fantasy as you can get. The second conclusion I reached playing the demo for Final Fantasy 16 is that I can safely say that it might end up being one of the funniest games of the year. Maybe ever. As I watched eight or nine story-driving tragedies happen in a row, I realized that this could possibly be the stupidest, silliest, most self-serious game of my dreams. Everything about it is so ridiculous.

But mixing Final Fantasy with Game of Thrones produces some truly hilariously weird moments in the demo. The fan service that makes me happy is also what makes me go, “Wait, what is happening right now?” One of the most dramatic moments in the demo is finding out a high-jumping knight is a dragoon. That’s told in a way that’s supposed to be like, “UH OH! TROUBLE NOW!” But it’s so goofy knowing the guys who leap high are a major threat. We’ve seen them. They’re silly.

And fuck, the use of swearing is so funny. Don’t get me wrong: I swear a lot. But I swear for emphasis and because I lack talent. The main character Clive Rosfield (Resident Evil-ass sounding name, btw) is all “Ah!” and “Uh!” until one of the tragedies where he shouts - for a good 15 seconds - how he’s going to fucking kill someone.

If Final Fantasy 16 is just a series of bloody battles meant to show how ‘real’ and ‘gritty’ the series could be, it’s going to be hilarious. I’ll enjoy every second of nonsense just like I enjoy a lot of Final Fantasy’s nonsense. I’ll laugh my ass off whenever the game struggles to shoehorn in Cactuars and Tonberrys with a quasi-medieval story based on another quasi-medieval story based on a real English civil war.

I’m probably being dumb, man. Final Fantasy stories are usually pretty great. And so far a game I expected to feel meh on has actually excited me to play. I’m sure that a lot of this corny violent soap opera shit is just setting the table for a deeper, more nuanced story. But if it’s not, we are in for a comedy journey through fairytale land. And fuck it, I already gave them my money anyway, right?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

That second one a fantastically voice acted tho.

Also both of those scenarios in the demo are absolutely situations I'd be cursing up a storm they dont feel out of place at all. Maybe they shoe-horn in some naughty words later on but it such a non-sensical nothingburger to fuss over. I also read somewhere people are "boycotting" because lack of inclusion. 

Gamers are 2nd to only Q-anon nutjobs as the most brain broken adult babies.

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

Also both of those scenarios on the demo are absolutely situations I'd be cursing up a storm they dont feel out of place at all. Maybe they shoe-horn in some naughty words but it such a non-sensical nothingburger. I also read somewhere people are "boycotting" because lack of inclusion. 

Gamers are 2nd to only Q-anon nutjobs as the most brain broken adult babies.

I only thought the "You cock" was awkward, but the bingbongs actually do go around calling people cocks.

• Haha 1