Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update (08/22): PC demo patch and system requirements released

Pikachu

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

possible rape (Rosa from FF4 was supposedly raped by Golbez when kidnapped by him and Kane, but SE made them cut the allusion to it),

There was nothing in the remake that even makes that seem like a possibility.

After googling it seems like something that was spread around without any proof. Like it was just made up.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh man I fucking WISH. Unfortunately Yasumi Matsuno (creator of Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and FF12) has left Square Enix and Vagrant Story has been all but forgotten but that'd be a proper Square Enix game!

Supposedly a Star Ocean The Second Story is getting a remaster so maybe it's just an inevitable thing once they remember it exists.

• Haha 1

final-fantasy-16-to-have-day-one-patch-2
WWW.XFIRE.COM

However, the Day One patch isn't necessary to play the game and is a

Also, they mentioned more changes are coming based on the feedback from the Demo.

•     Adjusting motion blur and the ability to turn it off
  •     Camera movement speed and an option to turn off auto-follow
  •     Key bindings

But these 3 most likely won't be included in this patch, would be nice if it did though

• No Japanese lip sync. He recommends playing in English whatever your native language is and using subtitles in your language as English was prioritized for motion capture and acting performances
  • They are confident you will enjoy the story if you enjoyed the demo, the demo was not “front loaded” in terms of story and engagement
  • However, there will be more gameplay than what was shown in the demo
  • They are taking performance issue feedback seriously and hope to have a patch out to address this - 300mb DAY ONE PATCH confirmed
  • They are also going to address motion blur concerns and add a toggle if they can
  • They are listening to feedback about button mapping and said they will provide more button layouts, the ability to remap yourself, or both
  • Optimized for HDR, recommends using HDR display if you have one
  • Bloody Palace equivalent (basically a wave based gauntlet mode for those unfamiliar)
  • NG+ mode that offers new challenge, including new bosses, new enemy placements, and new moves on existing bosses
  •  Prologue can be skipped in NG+
  • NG+ gives you a “score” and rating based on action performance on the top right, this was turned off by default on NG because they didn’t want you obsessing over it and wanted players to focus on the story
  • The controversial Liquid Flame “cinematic dodge” thing was due to the result of an equip-able accessory that enhances your dodge, totally optional

The livestream

I finished the demo. And out of supposedly a 2-3 hr demo I actually played literally less than 20 minutes. That's not good at all. I get the opening might be front loaded with exposition but damn, that's not a great way to promote your game by having an watchable demo. Should have been a part of the game with 2-3 hrs of you know.. Gameplay 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Well, I mean, it is. People are loving it. It is widely successful.

:shrug:

I'm about to fire the demo up. I'm not under the influence so I'm excited. Cutscenes were great so I'm fine with how this demo is set up. I'll post small impressions later. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, I mean, it is. People are loving it. It is widely successful.

:shrug:

Good for them. I just hope it's not a hype thing just because it's Final Fantasy but once the reality sets in they see it for what it is. Kinda like what happened with FF15

Just now, eventide11 said:

Anyway, I'll quit poo pooing 

Nah, if you don't like it you don't like it. It's why I only quoted the part that said it wasn't a great way. No gonna tell ya to like something you don't.

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

There was nothing in the remake that even makes that seem like a possibility.

After googling it seems like something that was spread around without any proof. Like it was just made up.

Nahh, Sakaguchi definitely talked about it in an interview decades ago. Around the time he left square and started Mistwalker. He was talking about how with his own studio he would be able to to explore themes that Squaresoft had prevented him from because they worried about public outcry. I think is was an RPGamer.com (used to be my favorite site for rpg news) interview, and it was definitely around the time he founded mistwalker. 

I never played the remake, and it wasn’t done by Sakaguchi, but like I said, he said they made him cut any mention of assault from the game. 

28 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Good for them. I just hope it's not a hype thing just because it's Final Fantasy but once the reality sets in they see it for what it is. Kinda like what happened with FF15

I mean, ff15 was the definition of development hell and nomura bullshit. I don’t remember a lot of hype around 15, just lots of disappointment. But comparing games made by completely different teams is a bit weird. 

52 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I finished the demo. And out of supposedly a 2-3 hr demo I actually played literally less than 20 minutes. That's not good at all. I get the opening might be front loaded with exposition but damn, that's not a great way to promote your game by having an watchable demo. Should have been a part of the game with 2-3 hrs of you know.. Gameplay 

I mean, theres about an hour of gameplay in a two hour demo, so you played more than 20 minutes, and theres a whole separate gameplay challenge demo after the prologue demo.

But it’s a great way to promote it, it literally increased hype for the game everywhere in the gaming sphere. You don’t have to enjoy it, certainly, but your opinion is the opposite of the reality the public opinion so far.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I was never excited for 15 and what little I played (the beginning of the game) was enough to make me never want to touch it again. Shame it wasn't actually Final Fantasy versus 13 and got repurposed.

Yeah, I don’t remember any hype, just a game everyone thought was boring and bland from day one.

11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, ff15 was the definition of development hell and nomura bullshit. I don’t remember a lot of hype around 15, just lots of disappointment. But comparing games made by completely different teams is a bit weird. 

With as much as this series changes hands I can't keep up. I guess I miss the days when FFs were more consistent with Sakiguchi 

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, theres about an hour of gameplay in a two hour demo, so you played more than 20 minutes, and theres a whole separate gameplay challenge demo after the prologue demo.

But it’s a great way to promote it, it literally increased hype for the game everywhere in the gaming sphere. You don’t have to enjoy it, certainly, but your opinion is the opposite of the reality the public opinion so far.

No way I actually played for an hour. Maybe I got through the battles faster than 'normal' but I didn't play for an hour. I spent WAAAY more time watching than playing. I do really want to like the game though I know it doesn't sound like it 

I wouldn't say there is an hour of combat in the demo. 45 minutes at most with the Eikonic challenge. I'm not considering the Eikon battle at the end of the story as real combat either. It was just hold shoot and dodge. Liked it a lot thematically.

Finally beat it. I really liked it a lot. The story already has me intrigued and for a demo, a lot of important things happen. It's all really well done with great voice acting. 

I decided to play in graphics mode and I'm completely fine with 30fps. The visuals are probably the best on the console yet and the effects in this are awesome.

The combat is actually pretty damn solid and well done. I also appreciated the difficulty in this because I usually struggle in this genre. I definitely want to know what happens next so that is more important than any other positive imo. Phenomenal game so far. I might even play through it again tomorrow that's how much I enjoyed it. The soundtrack in this is utterly beautiful. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Finally beat it. I really liked it a lot. The story already has me intrigued and for a demo, a lot of important things happen. It's all really well done with great voice acting. 

I decided to play in graphics mode and I'm completely fine with 30fps. The visuals are probably the best on the console yet and the effects in this are awesome.

The combat is actually pretty damn solid and well done. I also appreciated the difficulty in this because I usually struggle in this genre. I definitely want to know what happens next so that is more important than any other positive imo. Phenomenal game so far. I might even play through it again tomorrow that's how much I enjoyed it. The soundtrack in this is utterly beautiful. 

Buying it?

6 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I personally agree with you but almost every person/article I've seen is saying it's one if not the single best demo ever.

I would've much preferred more gameplay but if this helps them sell extra copies I'm all for it, I already knew I was buying it anyways.

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, eventide11 said:

There’s a whole other part that unlocks after you finish the story that’s literally nothing but gameplay. 

36 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I know. But I felt like that stuff might be spoilery if I end up caving and getting it. Which is inevitable 

I stayed away also. I knew by the end of the demo I was getting it so what’s the point of playing more?