The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

Super pissed off about a possible European Super League. Annoyed my ex-wife probably eants me to get her a computer for her job. 

Only good news of the day is my alienware has shipped. Not sure when it arrives. I guess Tuesday-Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

This is boring, wait and wait just to click a link and the cards are sold out already. Had a 3060 in my cart on amazon but decided against it not a worthwhile upgrade. 3070/3080 or bust even a 6800XT I would be happy with.

From what I've seen, there is a pretty significant jump between a 3060 and a 3070

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

This shit is fucking retarded with best buy, you can only do store pick up so cool no problem but not one fucking store within 250 miles of me has the card in stock for pickup. No shipping so the 3080 in my cart had to be removed, shitty practice.

Newegg plus apple pay or whatever equivalent android might have, it skips having to fill out the checkout info so you get a better shot. Get some alert bots going if you haven’t and go right to apple pay when it comes up and make sure you already are always logged into newegg.

• 3 weeks later...

Current 3060s already have the LHR. Are those any easier to find right now compared to a 3070 or 3080? I've only been trying to get a 3080.

I certainly don't mind them limiting the mining capabilities, but it's definitely not going to solve the problem by itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to try because I have a 3080 I can ebay to cover the difference if I happen to get one but otherwise I don’t really care that much if it doesn't happen.

It’s pricing and performance doesn’t make me feel like I’m missing out on anything, just that I got the right card for the best price to performance ratio on the high end.

I think also since you have things like vrr (for us tv players it’s new) now, and dynamic resolution or easy resolution scaling in general, it’s really easy to cheat your way to that extra 10-20% so going after the xp’s isn’t usually worth it. Previous ti’s were more of a leap, this one was kinda trapped because of the 3090’s existence.

16 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

One of my friends got a 3070 by just walking into best buy and buying one. Fucking prick.

Speaking of Best Buy...

GraphicsCard_V1-scaled-thegem-blog-timel
CORPORATE.BESTBUY.COM

What to know about NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition Graphics Card

NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition graphics card will have limited quantities available on Thursday, June 3, at select Best Buy stores only.

Employees at participating stores will start handing out tickets at 7:30 a.m. local time. We’ll have as many tickets as graphics cards available at each store, which means if a customer gets a ticket, they will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase a graphics card inside the store beginning at 9 a.m. local time.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Speaking of Best Buy...

CORPORATE.BESTBUY.COM

I kind of want to drive by there at 7am to see how many people are camped out.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I kind of want to drive by there at 7am to see how many people are camped out.

My Wii adventure says try at like 10pm. Well i think it was 11pm. Went on reccee to see what the store was like and it has a line around the building. Needlessly to say my friend and me stayed.

Smh my local microcenter has raised the prices on their video cards to retarded levels. 2.5k for the 6900XT water cooled editions. 700 for the 6700XT. Haven't checked Nvidia.

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Speaking of Best Buy...

CORPORATE.BESTBUY.COM

Hmm, I wonder if my local Best Buy will get any.