Black Myth: Wukong (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - update (09/02): Xbox version delay reportedly due to "prioritization" of PS5 version

JPDunks4

Also, I mentioned the reused boss. It is just that boss that is specifically reused, and the third version was plenty different despite the same skin. While I felt disappointment upon the first reuse, I no longer do.

• Halal 1

This game will be my GOTY simply because there ain't shit for me this year. That said, I really don't think this game is GOTY potential. I mean, I think Lies of P blows it out of the water, and that got shafted by coming out in 2023.

• Sicko Sherman 1

INSIDER-GAMING.COM

According to the latest reports, Black Myth: Wukong has been indefinitely delayed on Xbox due to a game-crashing bug.

Black Myth: Wukong reportedly did not pass Xbox’s bug detection tests due to a ‘memory leak’ issue and has been ‘indefinitely delayed’ for the console. 

Since the release of Game Science’s latest action RPG, many have wondered when Black Myth: Wukong will be released for Xbox Series X/S. According to the latest reports, the wait can be longer than expected. eXtas1s, the reliable Xbox leaks source, recently spoke about the release delay, citing a game crashing bug as the main problem.

exTas1s met several Xbox insiders and developers at Gamescom 2024, who informed him about the technical issue impacting the release of Black Myth: Wukong. According to the insiders, a ‘memory leak’ bug is causing “significant crashes” and performance issues on the Xbox consoles. Due to that, the game hasn’t passed the bug detection test and has been “indefinitely delayed until they manage to optimize the game for Series X|S.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Black Myth: Wukong - update (08/26): Xbox version reportedly "indefinitely delayed" due to "memory leak bug"

So, I was in an area where I was getting over my refresh rate. I turned on vsync but it didn't limit fps. I realized that I forgot to turn on vsync in the NVCP. @stepee mentioned that the game would automatically lower my fps by 2-3 with frame gen. That wasn't happening, so I limited it to 140 myself in NVCP. I'm guessing stepee thought I had a gsync monitor which would "automatically work with reflex" to lower my frame cap to reduce latency. But I don't. I mean, it does have free-sync or whatever, but that caused a lot of weird issues like limiting my in-game fps to 60 when I was watching a twitch stream(which is capped at 60) so I turned it off.

It's interesting. In another thread I was talking with Stepee about how I would love to make a game that advertised itself as being a super "anti-woke" game but would gradually shift the further you played and by the time it reversed course it would be too late to refund and you suckered those people into buying the game. I feel like that is this game almost. The review saying there were no women (in the first two chapters) possibly stirred up the incels into taking a victory lap and buying the game. However (and I guess I'll put this in spoilers but it's not that big of a deal - Read if you want to know if women are in the game! :o )

Spoiler

As the game progresses more and more women are introduced into the story. Their representation on the other hand maybe another thing.

I think around the end of chapter 2 in a cutscene you see a woman But (Spoilers): She's killed by a monster in a dream

Then there is a boss in chapter 3 and then after that there's a pretty large contingent of women that take up a pretty large story portion.

I've already seen some of the incel group that are trolling the concord boards mention this as the "feminist propaganda" but it's too late, they've already been roped in.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's interesting. In another thread I was talking with Stepee about how I would love to make a game that advertised itself as being a super "anti-woke" game but would gradually shift the further you played and by the time it reversed course it would be too late to refund and you suckered those people into buying the game. I feel like that is this game almost. The review saying there were no women (in the first two chapters) possibly stirred up the incels into taking a victory lap and buying the game. However (and I guess I'll put this in spoilers but it's not that big of a deal - Read if you want to know if women are in the game! :o )

Reveal hidden contents

I've already seen some of the incel group that are trolling the concord boards mention this as the "feminist propaganda" but it's too late, they've already been roped in.

FWIW, I’ve been wanting to make some easy-grift product, like “no-woke water” (which I’ll just bottle in my bath tub or something), sell it to the same idiots that were pouring out their Budweisers a year ago, but donate all the profits to LGBTQ+ rights groups, then after a year of profit send everyone who bought it a thank you letter detailing where their money went.

• True 1

On 8/21/2024 at 5:06 PM, Xbob42 said:

Usually talking points are limited to the game itself, not weird political shit.

Also, anyone's free to express any opinion they want over this, if you don't like it, you're free to fuck off.

So it's OK to express an opinion so long as it doesn't disagree with yours... got it.

In no way did I express an opinion beyond to state a fact that China is a different country with a different dynamic between male and female. They're within their right to put whatever stipulation on free early access reviews as they wish, and any reviewer is well within their rights to agree or disagree and act as they see fit.

If you really want to champion for feminism, there are far bigger fish to fry in the world in that regard (see: Taliban). As far as gaming goes... my statement is still also the most true you will see in that if you want to impact game development, then don't buy games where you feel that female developers are treated poorly.

1 hour ago, Dexterryu said:

So it's OK to express an opinion so long as it doesn't disagree with yours... got it.

Who said that? You're also free to express your opinions and then fuck off. They're not mutually exclusive.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Even if the water was woke if “anti-woke water” is the name then you just say that’s the brand name. Courts have sides with food and beverage companies multiple times that their name doesn’t count as a promise. It’s just a name. 

Also, since it would be an LLC that would already be dissolved upon sending the letters, any attempted lawsuit has basically no way of being strong enough to “pull back the veil” .

On 8/25/2024 at 8:07 PM, Bacon said:

This game will be my GOTY simply because there ain't shit for me this year. That said, I really don't think this game is GOTY potential. I mean, I think Lies of P blows it out of the water, and that got shafted by coming out in 2023.

If it's the one I'm thinking about I didn't mind it since it made sense because it followed a story arc. Surprisingly good game since my initial thought was kinda meh

21 hours ago, Dexterryu said:

In no way did I express an opinion beyond to state a fact that China is a different country with a different dynamic between male and female. They're within their right to put whatever stipulation on free early access reviews as they wish, and any reviewer is well within their rights to agree or disagree and act as they see fit.

If you really want to champion for feminism, there are far bigger fish to fry in the world in that regard (see: Taliban). As far as gaming goes... my statement is still also the most true you will see in that if you want to impact game development, then don't buy games where you feel that female developers are treated poorly.

Okay, curiosity is getting the better of me here, this post (and your previous ones in this thread) raise a couple of questions for me. Why are you stating that China is a different country with a different dynamic between male and female? We all know they're essentially a regressive fascist dictatorship with heavy censorship. The way you've framed this "cultural" difference argument sounds like you are "both sidesing" this issue. Yes, other countries are different. We can still pass judgment on their culture based on humane grounds of basic equal rights, parity and treatment. In fact, there are ranked lists by third party institutions done by country just for such things. Unless you're using this argument to bolster the fact that a Chinese developer potentially making a regressive game when it comes to gender is okay because it comes from a regressive culture, which it sounds like you are, is not a good look.

And this irritating, false argument that "this corporation or that entity" is "well within their right" to do this stupid thing or that heinous thing. This is asinine - a private corporation or country is well within their right to do all sorts of terrible things - just because something is legal or allowed doesn't mean it's good, ethical or moral. Who gives a shit what they are "within their legal right to do", as individual people and consumers, we care about what's right and wrong, not what's allowed or not allowed. Is this an argument to bolster companies and countries to be allowed to do what they want? Because, again, that would be the only reason to bring up such an obvious but pointless fact to this argument.

And finally, another conservative argument - if you want to champion a cause, you can only do it in certain ways or only at certain extreme levels, as if we can't care about multiple things at once. And suggesting that voting with your money alone is the only way to impact game development isn't true; a loud online majority making a big stink as one collective can affect or start the process of impacting things too (see: protests for political issues). I think it's short sighted to say: "just vote with your wallet, but don't do anything else, it's not helpful" while at the same time suggesting: "there's bigger fish to fry, we can't care about multiple things at the same time on this issue" and then name dropping the Taliban, which feels like race coded language to me, is pretty uncool (I mean the MAGA movement and Project 2025 are recent and far more relevant to us here in the US than the Taliban but you want with the Taliban for some reason). I'm not just going off of this post for this breakdown, but the other posts and what they also intimated in this thread.

• Halal 1

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There must be very few Series X in the wild then.

After some research, according to the leak from the FTC of Microsoft documents related to the ABK acquisition last year, the Series S was outselling the Series X at a 3:1 ratio.

Which then leads to the question, "Why is the Series X even a thing anymore?" :p

• Haha 1
  • True 1

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

After some research, according to the leak from the FTC of Microsoft documents related to the ABK acquisition last year, the Series S was outselling the Series X at a 3:1 ratio.

Which then leads to the question, "Why is the Series X even a thing anymore?" :p

So if total "Series" sales are ~30 million, that would put Series X sales at around 7.5 million?

No wonder MS is unwilling to compromise on Series S ports.

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Could this be because they bothered to offer a Series S version in the first place? If they hadn't, how many do you think would not buy the Series X instead anyway vs. not buying an Xbox at all? Sounds more like a hindrance holding developers back collectively than a good idea to sell low rent systems because they're cheaper. But it certainly could be the case - I just think gamers are cheap and had there been no Series S option, they would have forced themselves to buy the Series X one. They are gamers after all. 

• True 1