Black Myth: Wukong (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - update (09/02): Xbox version delay reportedly due to "prioritization" of PS5 version

JPDunks4

This is in chapter 2, not 3 but damn this shit is bad.

a613bce58608a41d4c3502658e5f4334.png

So many times you reach the next area down one path, so now you backtrack to explore another path that leads to the same place because of treasure, NPCs, or missed bosses. Here is how I searched this part of the level.

a2cceff9fc5896401cf12922e8310ccb.png

• Sad 1

I watched my favorite Madden streamer play this for about an hour last night. It looked cool but I know it’s not my type of game. I do enjoy watching people play it though. Didn’t seem very souls-like though. More Ninja Gaiden meets Sekiro to me. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Black Myth: Wukong - update (08/23): developers claim "10 million units sold" across all platforms
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

However, like all data originating from the PRC, I'm gonna take this with more than a grain of salt :p

I mean it's got the Steam player count to support it, and this is way smaller and I don't know how to scale it but since I've been checking PSNProfiles nearly every day it's been the most played game this week with over 9000 players. For context, when FF7Rebirth came out it was at the top with like 6-7000 for about a month. You make a good looking "soulslike" and it seems everyone wants to hug your nuts for a bit. I believe the numbers. 

59 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You need to check out some streams. Seems like something you’d enjoy. Lots of action. 

Na. Reviews were all I needed plus Bacons impressions. It’s not my cup of tea. 

• Halal 1

19 minutes ago, Best said:

Play Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon. It’s super accessible and noob friendly. 

Cap Lying GIF by Twitch

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Play Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon. It’s super accessible and noob friendly. 

Cap Lying GIF by Twitch

Eventide11 is my boy. He was being sincere with his recommendation but he is just much more skilled than I am. I know you're just messing around though lol. 

The thing that sucks is Armored Core is an awesome game to play. It's just too in-depth for my tiny brain. 

38 minutes ago, Best said:

Eventide11 is my boy. He was being sincere with his recommendation but he is just much more skilled than I am. I know you're just messing around though lol. 

The thing that sucks is Armored Core is an awesome game to play. It's just too in-depth for my tiny brain. 

I read it the first time but thanks for posting it again. 

• stepee 1
  • Haha 2

I didn't realize I posted twice. The initial post wouldn't go through. But anyway, @Biggie I was saying that Eventide11 is my boy. He was being sincere with his recommendation but he is just much more skilled than I am. I know you're just messing around though lol. 

The thing that sucks is Armored Core is an awesome game to play. It's just too in-depth for my tiny brain. 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

46 minutes ago, Biggie said:

But anyway @Best I was saying that @eventide11 is a pos. He was trolling with his recommendation even knowing he is much more skilled than you. 

I am below average in gaming now. Even playing a game like Dishonored 2 I struggle on medium difficulty. So he probably just thinks games are a lot easier and that I can handle games like Armored Core. 

• stepee 1

23 minutes ago, Best said:

I am below average in gaming now. Even playing a game like Dishonored 2 I struggle on medium difficulty. So he probably just thinks games are a lot easier and that I can handle games like Armored Core. 

I’m just fucking with him lol. Wukong is only $59.99. Was kinda surprised. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

But anyway @Best I was saying that @eventide11 is a pos. He was trolling with his recommendation even knowing he is much more skilled than you. 

While I agree I can be a bit of a pos lol I figured@Best

would like AC6. But yeah, it is NOT for everybody with how quickly the difficulty ramps up. And how complicated the UI can be. I've been playing From Soft games since Kings Field and this one, while difficult, wasn't as bad as any of the Souls games or Sekiro or Bloodborne or Elden Ring.. For me anyway. But if I like a game I will let it beat me like a rented mule and come up with new curse words swearing at it then still call it an amazing game.

I got issues lol

8 hours ago, Best said:

Now hear me out.. It's actually a pretty damn good game. Yes, it takes some dodge and counter gameplay but it is NOT as difficult as souls games. But with my track record I better leave it at that lol

• Haha 1

I would say it's harder than DS1 and DeS. Those games a far easier than the rest. Maybe about on par with DS3 outside of a few bosses. My thing is, for most bosses now, I don't feel like I am learning how to fight them but I still beat them. I just overwhelm them with a powerful offense, often preventing them from going into phase 2.

13 hours ago, Bacon said:

I would say it's harder than DS1 and DeS. Those games a far easier than the rest. Maybe about on par with DS3 outside of a few bosses. My thing is, for most bosses now, I don't feel like I am learning how to fight them but I still beat them. I just overwhelm them with a powerful offense, often preventing them from going into phase 2.

It's really just about timing your heals and heavy attacks between the non stop attacks. And whoever thought input reading was a fair and good idea to make games more challenging should eat pork in front of an armed Al Qaeda member

On 8/23/2024 at 6:02 AM, Spork3245 said:

I feel like I’m falling for hype because I didn’t want this game because I’m typically just not into souls-like games, but now I kinda want it. :sadsun:

But, also, I feel like it’ll be $35ish by the Steam Halloween sale

:shrug:

more boss rush than souls like. There’s not even a penalty for death other than the time wasted loading and then running back to the boss. There’s also not much in the way of metroidvania level design. 

Turned off Ray Tracing. Not sure why, but it is causing MASSIVE shimmering on snowy trees in chapter 3.

Not only has the shimmering stopped the but game regained some visual clarity. I think the game overall kinda blurry. Could be a DLSS thing. I don't know. But when I log-in to FFXIV that game is just much more clear. Things seem less blended together. Same goes with ELEX 1 and 2.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Turned of Ray Tracing. Not sure why, but it is causing MASSIVE shimmering on snowy trees in chapter 3.

Not only has the shimmering stopped the but game regained some visual clarity. I think the game overall kinda blurry. Could be a DLSS thing. I don't know. But when I log-in to FFXIV that game is just much more clear. Things seem less blended together. Same goes with ELEX 1 and 2.

DLSS shouldn’t cause blurriness unless the scaling is set super low. It’s more likely it’s the UE5 engine and how they’re using nanite (it has to be very optimized or it can make textures have a blur effect iirc). The shimmer is a side effect that can happen with Ray Tracing when used for lighting effects unless the devs take a lot of time on setting the light source: that’s what nvidia’s RTX reconstruction tech fixes (there’s basically no performance cost to it, so it baffles me when devs don’t have it available in a game with RT that’s already using DLSS).

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, Bacon said:

Turned of Ray Tracing. Not sure why, but it is causing MASSIVE shimmering on snowy trees in chapter 3.

I wonder if this is part of why they didn’t want reviewers and what not showing or talking about anything past chapter 2. The game isn’t as polished as the first 2 chapters where they put much more time and work into. 

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if this is part of why they didn’t want reviewers and what not showing or talking about anything past chapter 2. The game isn’t as polished as the first 2 chapters where they put much more time and work into. 

Could be. But chapter 4 starts off well enough. Chapter 3 just sucks for me. It's so fuckin' large and is the blurriest-looking level in the game. The start of chapter 4 is so crisp and clear looking it is unbelievable. I bet it's because the level is a night level.