Avowed (first-person RPG set in Pillars of Eternity world | 18 February 2025) - update (08/25): gameplay demo featuring all three classes

Pikachu

WWW.IGN.COM

Avowed was a surprising delight to play for the first time. After a lot of questions about the shift in art direction from the teaser trailer, questions about the length, and a combat demo on the Xbox stage that had many asking if the game was earlier in development than expected, we're happy to report that Avowed is feeling great, looking great, and offering a compelling story based on the early slice we played.

• Thanks 1

It's hard for me to trust previews. They're like a single step away from just being advertisements. Though I do want this to be good. Not enough quality first-person RPGs. They all tend to have awful combat with the excuse that "combat isn't the point" despite it being pretty much the only actual engaging gameplay.

I just watched a mission playthrough on Xbox Gamescom and the game looks fun. Framerate didn't look like it was running at 60 and it was noticeable to me, a persom who typically doesn't care about shit like that. It has parkour and the melee system looks good. I wonder how it feels though.

Here's the mission playthrough for those interested. I queued it to the start of the demo.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Avowed (first-person RPG set in Pillars of Eternity world | 18 February 2025) - update (08/25): gameplay demo featuring all three classes