Keep cars out of cities

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Dems' obsession with adding means testing into every piece of good policy is absurd. Let someone making 100k in a bikable city get a cheaper e-bike if they want it.

Isn't there no income cap for the electric car credit? :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Jason said:

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

But some analysts say the linchpin of the Senate’s housing package would probably have a negligible impact on the California housing crisis, at least in the short-term. As for the nightmare scenario described by opponents? There simply isn’t enough evidence to back that up, either.

But some analysts say the linchpin of the Senate’s housing package would probably have a negligible impact on the California housing crisis, at least in the short-term. As for the nightmare scenario described by opponents? There simply isn’t enough evidence to back that up, either.

OCR-Z-REAL-ZONING-BILLS-1.jpg?w=640
WWW.OCREGISTER.COM

YIMBYs and NIMBYs are battling over legislation to allow more duplexes, but some experts downplay its impact on California housing. The bill backed by Senate leader Toni Atkins made it...

Sounds like it isn't going to help much.

22 minutes ago, johnny said:

affordable places to live please 

i shouldn’t have to pay almost half of my monthly salary to live in a one bedroom apartment 🙃 (i don’t, but i’d be broke if i didn’t have people to live with)

My buddy just got a job at Facebook and is moving to San Jose. He was like even though he's making like 125k, it's still technically a pay cut compared to making 80k in Vermont. Rent effectively doubles (at least), car insurance goes up, price of food goes up, more money for gas and parking...

"invest in communities not developers" lmao what the fuck is this bullshit. Yeah better to just let this sit as a home for one wealthy person, or even a goddamn parking lot, instead of homes for dozens of families of different social strata. 

As if social housing wouldn't look exactly like this. New buildings are nearly always better than old ones in every single way. Just shut the fuck up. Even the goddamn eastern block commies made cheap as shit apartments, to say nothing of the survivorship bias towards these beautiful old homes. Christ I hate everything about that video

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"invest in communities not developers" lmao what the fuck is this bullshit. Yeah better to just let this sit as a home for one wealthy person, or even a goddamn parking lot, instead of homes for dozens of families of different social strata. 

As if social housing wouldn't look exactly like this. New buildings are nearly always better than old ones in every single way. Just shut the fuck up. Even the goddamn eastern block commies made cheap as shit apartments, to say nothing of the survivorship bias towards these beautiful old homes. Christ I hate everything about that video

She got mercilessly dunked on in the replies.

Things went well tonight with my city council rep and someone from the department of public works. Both under fire for removing curb bump outs from places that are illegal to park in with little to no public notice (after spending $100k+ installing them!)

the department of public works representative says we won't infrastructure your way out of speeding and implicitly calls for enforcement to get it to stop

• Guillotine 1