What are you playing today?

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's hard to say one way or the other since I'm playing as one of the worst teams in the game. For me the CPU always finds someone wide open in the middle of the field. I can look back on the replay and see what's going on and one of my defenders will just stand there while the TE runs past him and for an eventual TD catch.

When they run the ball their RB will break like 3 tackles before one of my guys gets them on the ground (which is probably due to them being bad lol)

But I've been making adjustments. I know they want to run up the middle so I do press coverage and generally that allows my guys to be closer to the line for when they run. Of course on passing plays I give cushion and the CPU always seems to want to take a deep shot and recently it seems like my players can actually stop the pass. But sometimes they make godlike catches which makes me shake my head, my players drop balls left and right, get no separation. When they do a crossing route they get caught on offensive linemen so I can't pass the ball.

Interesting. What difficulty are you using?

I finished up Cuphead (Base game) about a couple weeks ago. This last week finished going back to the stages and beating them in pacifist style. Super fun. It's taken me a couple of years since I bought the game but I also honestly have just been playing a level/boss here and there between other games.  It's been sort of my little break between big games for the last several years.

Still in the stage of figuring out what my next back-cataloged game is going to be. I played a bit of Digimon World: Next Order because I bought that hoping it would be akin to the old PSX Digimon World. But, quickly got flustered at how the beginning is a little broken. If Digimon get injured (Not low on health but INJURED) then you have to give them a bandaid to heal them. However, bandaids are WELL out of your beginning price range and your only chance at getting them is talking to a Digimon once a day who MAY or MAY NOT give you bandaids. So,  I was playing last night, one of my digimon kept getting the 'injured' status after almost every fight, and now I've ran out of bandaids and my audio is now just filled with my digimon crying for bandaids. I got so flustered I finally put the game down and went to do something else.

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

I see who the real slim shady is here...

I tried looking for an explanation and maybe it applies to this game but according to this person's explanation Varsity gives human a slight boost while AA is even.

But with the team I'm playing as I'm not seeing a boost, the game isn't easy and I'm using sliders (which is supposed to make the game realistic). Like I said in the other thread, I got blown out by Indiana and that is true to life.

• stepee 1

3 hours ago, Best said:

No. I can probably get you one more game before I have to close up shop. I know you wanted two Nintendo games. 

This is the one. Everything else I can live without. 

WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Buy DRAGON QUEST III HD-2D Remake and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This is the one. Everything else I can live without. 

WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Buy DRAGON QUEST III HD-2D Remake and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

That looks great. If I had a Switch I'd probably get that too. 

• Sad 1

Since I'm on a Halo Infinite kick i decided to check out the Master Chief Collection. 

It is so cool to see how far the visuals have come. With a press of a button you can see how the game originally looked on the first Xbox. 

The remastered look is pretty damn impressive. 

1 hour ago, Best said:

Since I'm on a Halo Infinite kick i decided to check out the Master Chief Collection. 

It is so cool to see how far the visuals have come. With a press of a button you can see how the game originally looked on the first Xbox. 

The remastered look is pretty damn impressive. 

Ok. So I've gone through all entries so far. I then decided to check out Halo 5 and to my surprise this game looks freakin incredible for 2015. I mean it's on par with Halo Infinite which came out on a newer console 6yrs later. I think I'm actually going to play through the campaign since it's related to Infinite. 

4 hours ago, Best said:

I thought you might like this:

I swear, it's gonna be 2124 and gaming headlines will be 'after more than 100 years people are still finding new interactions in RDR2. Gamer recently discovers if you shoot a very specific blade of grass then ol Jimmy henshaw will come out of his shack and punch you for destroying his lucky blade of grass' 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

I received MVP and Rookie of the year with Caitlin Clark on allstar difficulty. This was really challenging but also very fun. 

This is the best NBA 2K has ever played when just speaking about the play on the court. 

NHL 25 is only current gen this year. Like NCAA football. I’ve watched streams and gamers are loving it. Going only current gen has really improved EA sports games. 

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

NHL 25 is only current gen this year. Like NCAA football. I’ve watched streams and gamers are loving it. Going only current gen has really improved EA sports games. 

I played NHL 25 and it was really impressive. I just never could get into hockey. 

@legend If I recall correctly you are a pretty big Halo guy, right?

Well I'm 4 hours into Halo 5 and I'm confused with all the hate this game gets?

According to the internet I'm already halfway through the campaign but imo it is a fuckin blast! It still looks beautiful and it has great production values. What did you think about it? I'm focusing on 5 then finishing Infinite. 

1 hour ago, Best said:

@legend If I recall correctly you are a pretty big Halo guy, right?

Well I'm 4 hours into Halo 5 and I'm confused with all the hate this game gets?

According to the internet I'm already halfway through the campaign but imo it is a fuckin blast! It still looks beautiful and it has great production values. What did you think about it? I'm focusing on 5 then finishing Infinite. 

I actually never played 5! From the looks of things it didn't seem to improve on my problems with 4 which is why I never played it. My problems with 4 was it almost entirely lost the deep physics-based sandbox in wide environments that Halo was previously so great at. (Story wise I also hated that they turned Cortana and MC into a love story because it completely misunderstands their relationship)

Infinite was much more sandboxy which is why I got back into it with that one.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, legend said:

I actually never played 5! From the looks of things it didn't seem to improve on my problems with 4 which is why I never played it. My problems with 4 was it almost entirely lost the deep physics-based sandbox in wide environments that Halo was previously so great at. (Story wise I also hated that they turned Cortana and MC into a love story because it completely misunderstands their relationship)

Infinite was much more sandboxy which is why I got back into it with that one.

Yes, I played Halo 4 yesterday and you are correct it's really linear. 

Halo 5 is also on the linear side but I've been in pretty big environments using warthogs and a scorpion. The gun play is phenomenal. 

Ok. I was just curious what you thought, thanks. 

• Halal 1