What are you playing today?

22 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Started and locked in on Assassins Creed Origins, great game so far… 

Its been a great visuals progression.. from Dead Cells, to Sleeping Dogs and now Origins.. the leap up in graphics, art and construction of the world has been amazing. For all the grief Ubisoft gets for their games and worlds its nice to be once again playing a game with their craftsmanship in full display..

Unfortunately Orgins suffers from a bad leveling system. It was also the same issue in Odyssey. Finally Valhalla got it right but overall that game is way too big and bloated. 

21 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Still playing a ton of Balatro, slowing making my way through Shadow of the Erdtree, but a few days ago I started playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I was looking through my library for a game I could actually finish this month for @Brick, and I think I should have it finished tomorrow. 

I don't have a huge platinum list but Miles Morales is on my platinum list. In fact, I'm like 80-90% clear on Spider-Man 1 platinum and then I'll have all the Spidey games complete. Ironically, Spider-Man 1 is the one I've played most with like 4 new game+ playthroughs but it's the other two I platinumed. 

@Biggie I was on the steam site and saw that Hogwarts Legacy was on sale for $17 so I snagged a copy.

Well I completely forgot just how amazing this game is! I started this morning and I'm completely hooked. It's such a magical game. I can't put it down. 

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

2 hours ago, Best said:

@Biggie I was on the steam site and saw that Hogwarts Legacy was on sale for $17 so I snagged a copy.

Well I completely forgot just how amazing this game is! I started this morning and I'm completely hooked. It's such a magical game. I can't put it down. 

I’m playing this 

spacer.png

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

I had a spare 20 minutes, so I decided to restart Elden Ring (I'd only played a few hours, beaten a few mini-bosses in Limgrave) and I'm playing as a Vagabond - I think. I've just to the point I can level up, have Torrent and now just need to do a bit of levelling up and exploring. When I'll get to that point...I do not know. 

8 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I had a spare 20 minutes, so I decided to restart Elden Ring (I'd only played a few hours, beaten a few mini-bosses in Limgrave) and I'm playing as a Vagabond - I think. I've just to the point I can level up, have Torrent and now just need to do a bit of levelling up and exploring. When I'll get to that point...I do not know. 

With you having extremely limited gaming time Elden Ring will take you 10 or so years to finish. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Best said:

With you having extremely limited gaming time Elden Ring will take you 10 or so years to finish. 

At least it'll be worth the £30 I paid for it. I should really just buy a Portal and then I can play all of these games whilst my wife watches Love is Blind and we'd both be happy. 

Just now, gamer.tv said:

At least it'll be worth the £30 I paid for it. I should really just buy a Portal and then I can play all of these games whilst my wife watches Love is Blind and we'd both be happy. 

Oh that sounds like a great idea. Just remember you need a ethernet connection to have the portal work good for you. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

making a sandwich at home is a step up from Subway

Well it wasn't always the case. Early 2000's when they did the $5 footlong deal the quality was better. I litteraly used to eat there everyday at lunch. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Subway is a step up from dog shit so you're not saying much when you're saying JJ is a step up from Subway. :p

Yea I'm outta touch these days. The one thing I am not a big fan of with Jimmy John's is there bread. It's too hard. 

2 minutes ago, Best said:

Yea I'm outta touch these days. The one thing I am not a big fan of with Jimmy John's is there bread. It's too hard. 

Never had them before but there is one five miles away from me. I could make it happen. The thing is there's a Jersey Mike's just about across the street from me so I probably would go there instead. :p

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Never had them before but there is one five miles away from me. I could make it happen. The thing is there's a Jersey Mike's just about across the street from me so I probably would go there instead. :p

Jersey Mike's is top tier stuff. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I meant to say "too tough"... 😆 

3 minutes ago, TheShader said:

I worked at Jimmy Johns through my 20s, lots of bad memories. Some good memories, but ton of bad memories. If I never work in a sandwich shop again it'll be too soon. 

It seems like a chill place to work. Wtf happened?

2 minutes ago, Best said:

It seems like a chill place to work. Wtf happened?

Lots of stuff, including getting stalked by an owner at one point (franchise owner, not JJ himself). 

Even that sfuff aside, it's a fast food place that takes itself as seriously as though it was a Michelin star restaurant. Although, with that said, if you want to eat somewhere you can almost guarantee is clean and mold free then Jimmy Johns is the only place to eat short of a Michelin star restaurant. The cleanliness standards, at least while I was there, were the the roof. Never been in another kitchen, fast food or restaurant, that met those standards. 

Also, it can be a very chull place to work if you work there for the summer doing deliveries and sweeping the floors after lunch rush. Plenty of coworkers I've known had great experiences but they were all there for less than a year before running off somewhere else. The longer you're there and the more responsibilities you get the worse it gets. I wouldn't say worse than anywhere else but definitely for a fast food place getting fast food wages. 

• Sad 1

Still playing through Origins, OCD clearing all quests and question marks in areas.. doing so seems to alleviate most of the “leveling” issue.. its only been a problem when those wandering hunter guys are a few levels too high and OHK are unavoidable..

Either way the game remains enjoyable… The best part is going into Pyramids as well as finding caves or tunnel systems that get you into places (City of Memphis is great about this).. 

Might be good motivation to pick up Mirage

PS Just digging into AC lore I had no idea Syndicate had a World War 1 section… but I did get a reminder about Ezio doing minstrel work and singing about himself

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

I'm currently playing Death Stranding directors cut, MGSV, and Hogwarts Legacy.

Great games. 

I’ve decided to redownload Starfield for the weekend. Also playing NCAA College Football 25 and Madden 25. 

• Hype 1