What are you playing today?

Arthur Morgan is one of the very best protagonist's in gaming history. What a touching conclusion to his story. 

Now I have the epilogues to play so I have a few hours or more left. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

Arthur Morgan is one of the very best protagonist's in gaming history. What a touching conclusion to his story. 

Now I have the epilogues to play so I have a few hours or more left. 

He’s a bitch

26 minutes ago, Biggie said:

He’s a bitch

Lol not even close. I know you never beat it but he is far from a bitch. One of the most well written characters in gaming too. He is such a badass. 

I'm playing as John Marston now and that leads into the first Red Dead Redemption. 

The rumors are Red Dead Redemption 3 will be another prequel of part 2. We won't see that for at least 10 years lol. 

Been putting an unusual amount of time playing my new launch day ROG Ally X! The extra battery (double the capacity of the white non "x" version. The sticks are stiffer and feel 100 better too! The micro SD card now supports double the size capacity  of it' older sister console' and they MOVED THE MICRO-c slot to stop the cards being bricked because of heat. They also support up to 8gig NvME SSDs now Biggest is though by far is the 2x battery they got in here! So much better than the 45minutes to an Hour maxed unplugged in games like Halo Infinite, or  Its now closer to 2 hours in games like Cyberpunk, CoD, etc...AAA games run fantastic @900/60 near maxed out settings too! Another thing they piled in another 8gig memory (24g)  up from thec16 the OG Ally used. Its heavier by a bit, thicker really. Its quieter as there are 3 fan escape vents out the top, from 2 to the three its got now. This thing handles nearly anything Inca throw at it and love it so much. Cant recommend it over the Steamdeck ENOUGH!

.  With in the first 2-3 days of owning it i opened it up and put a full sized western digital name m.2 4Tb !! And its gloryious. Also for smaller indie trye games under 20 gigs I put a Samsung 2tb micro SD card giving me what seems now to be endless storage!

.  Check it out gamers if your at all looking for the ultimate handheld that's comfortable, has a huge battery, better feel on the sticks, ton of RAM that runs windows so you have your Steam games, but also all of Xbox Ulitmate Gamepasss games, etc!

.  Love to hear your thoughts on the new Ally especially if you owned the white OG console! Thanks guys . . . 

Games I've been playing on ROG Ally X

1.Jedi: Fallen Order

2.COD: Modern warfare' III

3.Alien Resurrection the collecting

4.forza motor sports

5.No man's Sky

6.Mortal Kombat 11

7.Halls of Torment

8.Death must Die

9.The Witness 

10.Apex Legends

On 8/22/2024 at 1:05 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm not playing it but it looks like Banana finally has some competition

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Cats — and that says it all. Interactive cat clicker. Click on cats for new cats. That's all, really.

He finally shares a game and it is a clicker. I think he is joining Grubb @stepee

#BanGrubbSoze

7 minutes ago, Best said:

@Dodger I beat RDR2 just now. I kinda forgot

Hide contents

Dutch lives. But shooting Micha in the face felt great. 

It feels like you’re leading up to Dutch dying but then you remember he dies in the first game set 15 years later lol

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

It feels like you’re leading up to Dutch dying but then you remember he dies in the first game set 15 years later lol

I don’t recall that. That's interesting. I only played and beat Red Dead Redemption 1 once at its launch. 

Finally got the Kind of Rings trophy in Demons Souls. Should hopefully have the plat by the end of the week. Then it will be to see if I can hold off on Space Far Cry, which I have a massive backlog but I am a fan of Far Cry in general so I might want to spend the long weekend with Space Far Cry. 

• Halal 1

Assuming I’ll never beat Evrae in FFX. Like most people, breeze through the start, buff up my guys, then get to the second half and either my party are poisoned and then wiped out, or just multi-hit and die. I’ve done a bit of grinding to boost my team, but I’d rather not spend 5 hours getting Rikku’s HP up to the high 2000s…but I might have to.

I’ve been playing Arena Breakout: Infinite on PC.

A bunch of the guys I used to play PUBG and Siege with got in to Tarkov a few years ago, but I was always pretty intimidated by it. Breakout is in early access right now and apparently uses a lot of the same assets as Tarkov, so I figured it was a good way to figure out for free if I even liked the gameplay of extraction shooters.

Genre is crack. All the features of RPG inventory management with high stakes shooter. I’m loving it. Still not sure I want to spend money on Tarkov, but been having a blast with Infinite.

23 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Assuming I’ll never beat Evrae in FFX. Like most people, breeze through the start, buff up my guys, then get to the second half and either my party are poisoned and then wiped out, or just multi-hit and die. I’ve done a bit of grinding to boost my team, but I’d rather not spend 5 hours getting Rikku’s HP up to the high 2000s…but I might have to.

I opted to grind and after about 90 minutes of making Tidus, Auron, Wakka and Rikki a lot stronger, I demolished the boss for fun. Onwards we go! Then I’ve set up my PS5, so either I’ll give Dead Space one more go before trading it in, or I’ll restart Elden Ring and give it a proper go.

• stepee 1

Did the first case in Ace Attorney, first exposure to the series, and a gift from stepee.  I've gotten into a lot of detective games lately, this, Thimbleweed Park, and Case of the Golden Idol.  It's amazing how versatile the genre is.  One of these days I'll have to get Obra Dinn, have a feeling I'll like that one too.

Saw the end credits on PoP: The Lost Crown last night.

Solid 7.5/10.  But, geez this thing was long (~25 hours).  I will admit I wanted it to be over by the end.   There was just "too much of it".  The last 2 bosses, I only tried twice before looking up a boss guide on how to dodge their attacks.

The bosses in this game all follow a similar formula -- they all have 5-6 attacks that vary slightly through 3 different boss stages.  After most attacks, you have an opportunity to get  2-3 hits in of damage.  Some of the ways of avoiding damage in an attack weren't all that obvious to me, so rather than trying the boss 20 times, to figure out the thing my dumb mind was missing, I just started to watch a video.  I didn't 100% the game (I think I was at ~95%), but i think I won't spend the time to do some of the alternate content that was added post launch.

• stepee 1

Platinum #8: Demon's Souls

Finally got that out of the way. Not really sure what is next. Briefly tried to fuck around with RDR2 online for the last two online trophies but didn't really do much. These are going to be annoying but I'd like to get them out of the way so I can start the single player. 

• Hype 1

13 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Platinum #8: Demon's Souls

Finally got that out of the way. Not really sure what is next. Briefly tried to fuck around with RDR2 online for the last two online trophies but didn't really do much. These are going to be annoying but I'd like to get them out of the way so I can start the single player. 

Why focus on something that isn't necessarily fun? 

I can confidentally say I am NOT playing a Kingdom Hearts game today. I'm overjoyed to say that because I have spent the last 5 years going back through the games because I decided to do a complete playthrough before playing Kingdom Hearts 3. Took me this long due to not just having to find the time to go through so many KH games but also having to take breaks due to KH burnout. 

A couple weeks ago I finally beat Kingdom Hearts 3 and it was such a relief. I'm glad I stuck to playing through all of it. I can understand why some people were turned off by 3 but having a fresh playthrough as well as playthrough of some of the titles I missed over the years definitely added to my enjoyment of 3.

6 minutes ago, Best said:

I want to get the platinum for RDR2 one day. I got all the other MP trophies, but now I need two more that actually require other people and it's been a bitch for me to get. But I will eventually do it. 

• stepee 2

7 minutes ago, Best said:

I just wanna interject to say I think it's funny you posted this while I was typing up about my excruciating Kingdom Hearts run. By halfway through Dream Drop Distance I was ready to set my PS5 on fire and be done with it. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Still playing a ton of Balatro, slowing making my way through Shadow of the Erdtree, but a few days ago I started playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I was looking through my library for a game I could actually finish this month for @Brick, and I think I should have it finished tomorrow. 

Started and locked in on Assassins Creed Origins, great game so far… 

Its been a great visuals progression.. from Dead Cells, to Sleeping Dogs and now Origins.. the leap up in graphics, art and construction of the world has been amazing. For all the grief Ubisoft gets for their games and worlds its nice to be once again playing a game with their craftsmanship in full display..