What are you playing today?

2 minutes ago, Best said:

So do you think the next-gen ps5 version would look better than the PC version?

On my deck it looks ok but it's definitely not the prettiest game. 

Don't know.  I heard that PS5/XBX were getting features first, but I have heard those have been trickling into the PC version as well. [i.e. Ray Tracing]

TBH, I mostly played this game on deck while I was in the ICU.  So never really tried it on a top end PC. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Don't know.  I heard that PS5/XBX were getting features first, but I have heard those have been trickling into the PC version as well. [i.e. Ray Tracing]

TBH, I mostly played this game on deck while I was in the ICU.  So never really tried it on a top end PC. 

A quick Google check came up with this:

From my understanding, an expanded and enhanced edition released for the ps5 and xseries but never came to PC. Apparently, these versions look better than the PC version. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 finally. Now that I don't have a psychotic insignificant other I can actually play and enjoy the game. I think my issues with the game centered around being anxious and not being able to take my time. It's MUCH better now that I can not worry about being fussed at over female characters lol

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

NCAA College Football 25

and watching some big streamers play early access to Madden 25.  I'm fucking hyped

Is college football a reskin of Madden just with college players or is the gameplay different?

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

Red Read Redemption 2 finally. Now that I don't have a psychotic significant other I can actually play and enjoy the game. I think my issues with the game centered around being anxious and not being able to take my time. It's MUCH better now that I can not worry about being fussed at over female characters lol

Wait, were you married? I just got done playing this now and all I did for over an hour was ride on my horse checking out beautiful scenery. The world itself is an incredible achievement in gaming 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Is college football a reskin of Madden just with college players or is the gameplay different?

Not to answer for Biggie, but college football was made by a different team than Madden's. 

So it's definitely unique to Madden and apparently a better overall football game. 

But let's wait and see if Madden can deliver this year. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Finished Uncharted 4 fairly quickly tonight. Moved right onto The Lost Legacy. I know it's quite a bit shorter, maybe I can finish it on my remaining couple days off.

Did they ever do a console port of the Vita game? Just to complete the whole series! 

9 hours ago, Dodger said:

It’s much much different. More wide open. Faster with a lighter feel. Madden from what I saw yesterday will be much more of a sim and heavier. Not as arcade-ish. With college you have miss-matches all over the field. Madden not so much. Every player n Madden is good where as in NCAA you can have a totally dominate wide receiver, running back, defensive end, etc. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

20 hours ago, Best said:

A quick Google check came up with this:

From my understanding, an expanded and enhanced edition released for the ps5 and xseries but never came to PC. Apparently, these versions look better than the PC version. 

I've played GTAV on PS5 today and it looks much better than my deck version. In fact it looks good enough for me to play it on that instead of my deck. Already a few hours in. 

• Hype 1

21 hours ago, Best said:

Wait, were you married? I just got done playing this now and all I did for over an hour was ride on my horse checking out beautiful scenery. The world itself is an incredible achievement in gaming 

Yeah. But my wife now doesnt gaf about what I play. My ex was a psychotic narcissist that didn't want me enjoying anything. Other than her. But that's not the case now at all. It's an unbelievable achievement in gaming. Shame it took this long to get into it

• Hype 1

@Dodger I had another situation with the wife (Mrs Downes) and I think it's finalized. I helped get her son out of the coal mines where he was working. I saved her from a creep trying to sleep with her in the woods. I gave her a few hundred dollars and sent her and the son out of town to save both of their lives in Annesburg. She looked terrible because of her recent lifestyle but I think it's done now. 

Just something that is available to do but not forced on you. It's so cool. 

• Halal 1

Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo on Switch. I needed a small break from Trails through Daybreak after a boss kicked my ass badly and I wasn't sure how to beat it (now I know but I'm enjoying Paranormasight too much to switch back just yet).

9 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Came down with a case of strep throat so I’m having to miss a couple days of work. Getting some Persona 5 Tactica in. 

Curious to see what your thoughts on it will be. I adore the Persona Q series and this one looks to have a similar vibe going for it. I have a copy of the game from a sale but haven't gotten to it yet.

Hope the strep throat goes away quickly. 

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

Curious to see what your thoughts on it will be. I adore the Persona Q series and this one looks to have a similar vibe going for it. I have a copy of the game from a sale but haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm not her so you don't care what I think but I enjoyed it. I wrote about it in the 2024 game thread.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm not her so you don't care what I think but I enjoyed it. I wrote about it in the 2024 game thread.

I care what you think about it. :) I've been meaning to post in the game's thread again but have been dragging my feet till I get close to opening my copy. I've kind of had Persona Q on my mind a lot recently so I will probably try to play it this year. I know they're not the same type of games (Tactics vs Dungeon Crawler) but P5T gives me similar vibes to the style.

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Oh, I've been playing this for a while, just took a long break while I replayed all the Uncharted games. It's a tactical RPG, so I'm really liking it. I have both Q games, but only played a little of the first. The unmapped first person dungeon crawling just isn't my favorite. But Tactical RPGs are right up my alley.

I'm ready to feel better. My right tonsil is huge and today I woke up with my uvula all swollen and it feels gross. Ready for the antibiotic to kick in.