What are you playing today?

Raining today so I stayed in for rest and doing DLP tomorrow is the plan. So now I’m playing more nes world championship and it’s so fun. I hope it’s doing okay despite nobody talking about it online as I’d love to see more games/systems.

• Halal 1

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

Raining today so I stayed in for rest and doing DLP tomorrow is the plan. So now I’m playing more nes world championship and it’s so fun. I hope it’s doing okay despite nobody talking about it online as I’d love to see more games/systems.

People seem to enjoy it, but are disappointed that it doesn't have live leaderboards (I guess they show up weekly or something) Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People seem to enjoy it, but are disappointed that it doesn't have live leaderboards (I guess they show up weekly or something) Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Yeah that’s what I’ve seen as the main issue people have with it. It doesn’t affect me much but I do get that it’s dumb as hell not to have them

7 hours into Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Thankfully I'm not seeing any issues with leveling but it no doubt will come up at some point. 

Even on easy difficulty this isn't exactly an easy game. There was just a section I hit today where I died a few times in a row. It was a pinnacle point and was driving me crazy. 

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Phaseknox You ever heard of Quantum Theory?

With the Xbox 360 marketplace shutting down in a week I was looking at stuff on there you can't get elsewhere. This game seems like a Phaseknox special. I think I might snag it but was wondering if you had heard of it. 🤔

I vaguely remember it back when it came out, but it didn’t really interest me since I’m not a big fan of roided up dudebro cover shooters like Gears of War.

Assassins Creed Mirage. Hopefully I'll be nearly done once the weekend is over. Really annoying that the citizens are all narcs in this game.  I should just let the Hidden ones murder and enslave you all. 

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Assassins Creed Mirage. Hopefully I'll be nearly done once the weekend is over. Really annoying that the citizens are all narcs in this game.  I should just let the Hidden ones murder and enslave you all. 

I might give this a shot after I'm finished with the open world interpretations. 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Play NCAA bro.  WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Spraying Water Bottle GIF by Bose

I'm not into football games. I love watching the NFL and some college but I'm more of a basketball guy. But even then I stopped playing 2K at a certain point too. 

I'm just glad college football turned out so well for the fans. I played a little bit of it and can appreciate it. 

• stepee 2

I’m running about Fallout London, wielding a walking cane and my head is adorned with a bowler cap. I have high strength and low intelligence and I’m aiming for “high energy” engagements with the citizens of London’s smoldering  carcass!

• stepee 1

5 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Should I play Final Fantasy X or Persona 4 next?

As someone that finished P4G about a month ago and is 3/4 of the way through FFX, whilst I’ve enjoyed FFX more overall, I’d still recommend P4 over it.

• Confused 1

Platinum #6 Assassins Creed Mirage. Solid 8/10 kinda game. The stealth is good, but the combat is basic trash, like probably even more basic than AC2. 

Started Ratchet and Clank Size Matters since I never played it before and I love the series, and whlle it was probably a fine game for the PSP it controls like ass on a modern controller. 

Dungeons of Hinterberg - recent release on Game Pass. It caught my eye with a fun art style, and the premise is also pretty cute. It’s set in a resort town in the Alps, but instead of skiing, tourists come to kill monsters and solve puzzles in dungeons that have popped up around the countryside. There’s a Persona-like daily cycle that gives you time to dungeon crawl, but also hang out with other people around town and build relationships. It’s got a great, relaxing vibe.

• Halal 1

Well with the Ubisoft servers going down on me I decided to switch over the RDR2. And just like that I fell back in love with it.

The world and AI are unmatched even today. Just roaming around the world on horseback is just fantastic.

The voice acting and character building is unrivaled. So I'm on this until I beat it. Assassin's Creed had me but the servers ended my relationship with it. :p

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

My brother got his son College Football yesterday and he was asking me if it was any good. I said it's a better sim than Madden has ever been and that it's one of the better football games ever made. 

His son is 25 with autism and with that he gets really addicted to any game that's introduced to him. I'll give him your gamertag so you guys can go head to head. 😆 

1 hour ago, Best said:

My brother got his son College Football yesterday and he was asking me if it was any good. I said it's a better sim than Madden has ever been and that it's one of the better football games ever made. 

His son is 25 with autism and with that he gets really addicted to any game that's introduced to him. I'll give him your gamertag so you guys can go head to head. 😆 

I’m a Dynasty and Franchise player. I love it. It’s literally like a sports RPG. 

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m a Dynasty and Franchise player. I love it. It’s literally like a sports RPG. 

Have you ever tried to play online against somebody? I was completely obsessed with online play for NBA 2K11. Some of my greatest gaming memories came from beating others online. And at the time everything ran extremely well in terms of connection and no lag. 

12 minutes ago, Best said:

Have you ever tried to play online against somebody? I was completely obsessed with online play for NBA 2K11. Some of my greatest gaming memories came from beating others online. And at the time everything ran extremely well in terms of connection and no lag. 

I don’t enjoy it because people spam meta offense and defensive plays and the entire thing doesn’t play like actual football. It’s a shit show. And not to mention the input lag with throwing and kicking. I love taking a lower tier team and building them into a powerhouse. 

• stepee 1

Just now, Biggie said:

I don’t enjoy it because people spam meta offense and defensive plays and the entire thing doesn’t play like actual football. It’s a shit show. And not to mention the input lag with throwing and kicking. I love taking a lower tier team and building them into a powerhouse. 

Yea I could see that being an issue. 

Yea, it definitely is a sports RPG when you play it like you do. In just 15 days Madden is out. You're in football heaven right now. 

• Hype 1

RDR2 still shocks me and amazes me with how the world and AI work. 

I had a bounty to collect from a farmer that couldn't pay up. I beat the shit out of him and told his wife and kid to fuck off. 

Well about a few days later while I was in my camp his wife shows up on horseback and pays off the debt to Leopold Strauss. 

I was laughing because the way she paid it and the dialogue that was going on was so realistic. I just so happen to be there for that interaction. 

I'm on chapter 3 and it still blows me away how incredible and diverse locations on the map can be. This has always been in my top 10 games ever but I think I'd put it in my top 5. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

I’ve been horrendously busy with working on my house (mainly 6am to 9am) then about 7pm to 10pm, with looking after my daughter in the middle. Shockingly, it’s meant my gaming time is non-existent, though I did fire up FFX and made it to Evrae, who felt a bit too powerful for me at the moment. So, time to grind for a while until we be got all the abilities I want and everyone is a bit more powered up! 

Been playing Death Must Die on steam / ROG Ally X along with Orcs Must Die 3 also on Steam and the ROG Ally X. DMD is still in early access but its pretty great though the first 15 or so hours are a slog! Then on the Series X I've been playing Calisto Protocol. Of the 3 games listed, the steam gamed have had 85persent of my gaming time. REALLY Enjoying playing on the Ally X, it's pretty good balance of power & battery life and has handled most games no problem. I have also been playing a bit with Zelda: TotK on my 85" LGG3 and its relaxing fun.. Only about 20 hours into Zelda but its fun for an hour or so before bed!

Finally finding some time for games, so playing through Dungeons of Hinterberg. It's up on Gamepass and I'm really enjoying this. Really feels like a sort of pre-Breath of the Wild Zelda dungeon rush. Not a whole bunch of exploration, but the game pulls in a nice rhythm of play through a dungeon, interact with locals around town, go to bed, and repeat. 

I believe it's this studio's first game, so color me impressed. I'm having fun.

• Halal 1

On 8/2/2024 at 10:09 AM, Best said:

RDR2 still shocks me and amazes me with how the world and AI work. 

I had a bounty to collect from a farmer that couldn't pay up. I beat the shit out of him and told his wife and kid to fuck off. 

Well about a few days later while I was in my camp his wife shows up on horseback and pays off the debt to Leopold Strauss. 

I was laughing because the way she paid it and the dialogue that was going on was so realistic. I just so happen to be there for that interaction. 

I'm on chapter 3 and it still blows me away how incredible and diverse locations on the map can be. This has always been in my top 10 games ever but I think I'd put it in my top 5. 

Shit is that one or a different one where the wife becomes a prostitute in Saint Denis. Either way game is the goat 🐐