What are you playing today?

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I started Alan Wake 2 since I finished BG. I think I'll make that my main focus for the week and see if I can't knock that one out.  I've also got a Paper Mario TTYD game going, need to finish up Cyberpunk and Dragon's Dogma (I'm at the end game, just find it sort of boring at this point), and I'm playing Aria of Sorrow on my little handheld. 

Edit: I tried to play Alan Wake 1 prior. I made it about 3/4 through and frankly I had to stop because I think that game is dog shit. I have a pretty good tolerance for monotony in games, but it was too much. Loved the story but I couldn't take any more shadow fights. I just watched Youtube summary of the plot. 

Damn if you think the first Alan Wake in monotonous I'd be REAL curious to see what you think of the second. 

As for the topic, I'm still working my way through Banishers. There's a LOT more game here than I thought and the story and characters are what's keeping me going. Combat gameplay is decent but the game could SORELY use more enemy variety for how long it is. That said it's a GREAT game and I'm real interested in seeing what these guys do next.

• stepee 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn if you think the first Alan Wake in monotonous I'd be REAL curious to see what you think of the second. 

As for the topic, I'm still working my way through Banishers. There's a LOT more game here than I thought and the story and characters are what's keeping me going. Combat gameplay is decent but the game could SORELY use more enemy variety for how long it is. That said it's a GREAT game and I'm real interested in seeing what these guys do next.

Love to hear it! And right! It’s so much more than I thought it would be. The stories are all so good. Completely agreed on enemy variety and it’s my biggest complaint as well. Did you play the teams previous game, Vampyr?

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My understanding is the gameplay is a lot better and it’s more survival horror-y. I was really taken aback at how monotonous the sequences in 1 were, just the getting from place to place stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

My understanding is the gameplay is a lot better and it’s more survival horror-y. I was really taken aback at how monotonous the sequences in 1 were, just the getting from place to place stuff. 

The gameplay is very different. It would depend on what one would find monotonous. If you find slowly going through a mostly story driven game monotonous then AW2 will be so. If you just find shooting enemy after enemy in the same way monotonous, it will not have that.

• Halal 1

54 minutes ago, stepee said:

The gameplay is very different. It would depend on what one would find monotonous. If you find slowly going through a mostly story driven game monotonous then AW2 will be so. If you just find shooting enemy after enemy in the same way monotonous, it will not have that.

The latter was my issue with 1. Immerse me in your weird bullshit remedy. 

I've been probably been playing the Nikke Dave the Diver more than I should. Any DtD pros out there who can answer a couple of questions?

1. I was under the impression you cook the sushi, does this ever happen or do you just serve it?

2. If you go over the carry limit do you just become unable to move? I know you slow down but I didn't want to risk losing all my fish.

13 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

AW2 is a dramatically different game than the first.

It has a lot less gunplay than the first game, and what is there, is not particularly good.

It's more about the experience than anything else.

• Thanks 1

I randomly decided to play Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune last night. Just wanted something with a lot of action and short. I haven’t played it since the PS3 version and I’ve had the remastered collection sitting still sealed on my shelf for a couple years or more. 

Think I’ll stick with it. 

• Halal 1

Still chipping away at FFX, so far, some battles have been tricky but very doable…I just desperately hope I don’t hit a wall and find the game irritating. I also despite the cloisters and have abandoned trying and just use a guide, which is much better. I doubt I’ll have any time for PS5 this week so the plan for Dead Space will need to be pushed back.

Edit: starting to think (again) that at this point if my life, a handheld PC would be the best thing for me. I still love games, but the only chance of to play on a TV is when I’m not doing bedtime, have no work to finish, and my house is tidy…or I get up at 4am and play before everyone else. 

Downloaded Borderlands 3 on PS+. Some games need an option to disable story/chatter. Just point me in the direction of whatever needs killed to complete this quest, I don’t need Chris Hardwick yelling in my ear about his stolen underwear. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

enjoy your sleep

:joe:

I have always loved Mass Effect. It's never boring to me. I'm still giving Andromeda time on my deck but if it doesn't pick up today I'll just drop it. 

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, had a good time, said fuck it and launched into the sequel. Even with the remaster, this still looks better than the first.

Uncharted games are really a joy to play. They are like summer blockbusters.

The best of the series is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. It still looks and plays incredibly well. 

3 hours ago, Best said:

Uncharted games are really a joy to play. They are like summer blockbusters.

The best of the series is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. It still looks and plays incredibly well. 

I've beaten them all over the years as they've released. Just playing through them again. I bought the Legacy of Thieves Collection on PC this week.

• Hype 1

Doing another BG3 playthrough after a few months off. This time I'm going full dice-roll, with no save scumming or reloads (unless I game over). Also playing a generally neutral evil character who has a soft spot for animals, children, and outcasts. So far I did save the Tieflings, but then I lost Last Light in, causing them all to die anyway, lol. Now I need to go to Moonrise and get some revenge.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

Uncharted 2 is the greatest action game of all time.

It’s definitely up there, but I like Uncharted 4 a little more myself. The Lost Legacy is really good too. Uncharted 3 is the only game in the series that I’m not very fond of.

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

playing red dead online to get the online trophies. This sucks so much. Holy fucking shit only rank 38

Why do you do this to yourself? :lol: I personally don’t care about things like achievements and trophies in games, I just play them for the core experience.

6 hours ago, Dodger said:

Uncharted 2 is the greatest action game of all time. 

playing red dead online to get the online trophies. This sucks so much. Holy fucking shit only rank 38

I think Uncharted 4 is superior to part 2.

I wouldn't stress myself out for trophies. 

Started 8-bit Armies. It's pretty good but there are multiple layers of repetitiveness. Things like destroy all the bases (i.e. repeat the same thing within the same mission), variations of the same map and then repeat the same mission to try to finish all the bonus objectives to unlock more bonuses.