What are you playing today?

Playing more Ninja Gaiden tonight. Everyone knows what a graphical powerhouse the first 3D one was on Xbox but damn NG2 still looks good today also and that’s like 16 years old. I love how these feel. Crunchhhhh.

• Halal 1

NBA 2k19…. was reminiscing about my happy days of playing 2k7, 9, and 11..

So I jumped in cold, within the first game im getting demolished in Pro by the CPU.. Magic and Jabbar are injured and its looking horrible

FFX on the Switch, lying in bed when I should be going to sleep. It’s silly but I didn’t play anything on my PS5 tonight because I felt vaguely tired and didn’t want to get caught up in Dead Space, to then do this instead. Also I spent too long finding out how to actually play Perfect Dark on my Switch.

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is gonna seem really weird, but I randomly decided to play Silent Hill Homecoming on PS3. First time the system has been booted up in I don’t know how many years.

A big complaint with the game was that the Y axis camera controls couldn’t be inverted. While I prefer inverted Y axis camera controls, I still got accustomed to them not being inverted back when I originally played the game. But I played it again somewhat recently, and I couldn’t get accustomed to them not being inverted this time. However, I still think that it’s a pretty good survival horror game that received a little more hate than it deserved.

17 hours ago, ApatheticSarcasm said:

Getting back into State of Decay 2, its fun to see where I left off with whatever base and group of survivors after a year or two of inactivity.

I just redownloaded both games. Thinking about starting another run on the hardest difficulty.

• stepee 1

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

A big complaint with the game was that the Y axis camera controls couldn’t be inverted. While I prefer inverted Y axis camera controls, I still got accustomed to them not being inverted back when I originally played the game. But I played it again somewhat recently, and I couldn’t get accustomed to them not being inverted this time. However, I still think that it’s a pretty good survival horror game that received a little more hate than it deserved.

I hate inverted controls, so no problem for me. 

Framerate is rough, but I’m dealing with it. 

I’m back on to Dead Space. I think I’m going to power through it and try and finish it this week. Then tether than grab anything new (as I’ve got Elden Ring), I might subscribe to PS+ and download something that’s either puzzle-y, or level based as a bit of a breather. 

On 6/27/2024 at 11:07 PM, stepee said:

It wasn’t what I hoped it would be but it’s okay. It’s gets kinda dark and mechanical in how you have to navigate the challenges. I wanted it to be more about being a cat I guess.

I finished it, and I really liked it. It wasn’t what I was expecting it to be, but I still liked what it is. It offers a little more gameplay after the beginning with light exploration, escape sequences, stealth and puzzle solving. But I would have liked some form of combat since a lot of the game is just navigating environments with automated button prompt jumping, and interacting with NPCs. It’s basically an adventure game, but I feel that it had the potential to offer some action as well since cats stalk prey and are fighters. But I still enjoyed it for what it is, and found it somewhat emotional at the end although the ending itself could have been better IMO.

• Halal 1

Currently playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak on Switch. I just got my physical copy but I'm still playing through the demo first before opening my physical copy (The save will transfer over).

-edit-

Demo was only 2h on switch. Finished it last night and will be swapping to the retail version tonight.

I started Alan Wake 2 since I finished BG. I think I'll make that my main focus for the week and see if I can't knock that one out.  I've also got a Paper Mario TTYD game going, need to finish up Cyberpunk and Dragon's Dogma (I'm at the end game, just find it sort of boring at this point), and I'm playing Aria of Sorrow on my little handheld. 

Edit: I tried to play Alan Wake 1 prior. I made it about 3/4 through and frankly I had to stop because I think that game is dog shit. I have a pretty good tolerance for monotony in games, but it was too much. Loved the story but I couldn't take any more shadow fights. I just watched Youtube summary of the plot. 

• Sad 1