What are you playing today?

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Started Elden Ring again. I won’t be ready to start the DLC at launch, but I’m having a blast going back through these early stages again. 

I completely forgot about the DLC and won't be playing it because I have too many games to beat first. 

Yea, Elden Ring is just remarkable. 

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Lemme know how you like it. It’s the one LIS I haven’t played just cuz that’s how timing worked

I finished it, and I really liked it. It’s more of a choice driven interactive story than a game as there’s little actual gameplay other than walking around small areas interacting with things in the environments. You don’t have any power, your younger brother does so it’s not like the first LiS and True Colors where there’s gameplay associated with your power.

It’s basically a road trip adventure so there’s a lot of different locations that you go to which is also unlike the other LiS games, and it’s the longest LiS game as well with each episode taking a few hours to complete. There’s a lot of choice making throughout and most alter the story in some way, but there’s a core story that plays out pretty much the same regardless of your choices.

A lot happens throughout the course of the game, and it can be emotional at times. My only real disappointment with it are the endings, there’s several of them and they’re all really brief and none of them are what I consider satisfying (I watched them all on YouTube). Considering all that you go through to reach the end, more involving and satisfying endings would have made the game more fulfilling. But it’s still an enjoyable adventure with interesting stuff happening most of the time.

The first LiS and Before the Storm are still my favorite games in the series, but I did like this more than True Colors which I felt was somewhat lacking in terms of areas/environments, content and length.

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I finished it, and I really liked it. It’s more of a choice driven interactive story than a game as there’s little actual gameplay other than walking around small areas interacting with things in the environments. You don’t have any power, your younger brother does so it’s not like the first LiS and True Colors where there’s gameplay associated with your power.

It’s basically a road trip adventure so there’s a lot of different locations that you go to which is also unlike the other LiS games, and it’s the longest LiS game as well each episode is a few hours long. There’s a lot of choice making throughout and most alter the story in some way, but there’s a core story that plays out pretty much the same regardless of your choices.

A lot happens throughout the course of the game, and it can be emotional at times. My only real disappointment with it are the endings, there’s several of them and they’re all really brief and none of them are what I consider satisfying (I watched them all on YouTube). Considering all that you go through to reach the end, more involving and satisfying endings would have made the game more fulfilling. But it’s still an enjoyable adventure with interesting stuff happening most of the time.

The first LiS and Before the Storm are still my favorite games in the series, but I did like this more than True Colors which I felt was somewhat lacking in terms of areas/environments, content and length.

Awesome! Sounds good. One of the main reasons I think I haven’t gotten to it yet is I’m just not used to being dudes in LIS, so if you like this one, then I think I can be okay with that :P

32 minutes ago, stepee said:

Awesome! Sounds good. One of the main reasons I think I haven’t gotten to it yet is I’m just not used to being dudes in LIS, so if you like this one, then I think I can be okay with that :P

As you know I usually prefer playing as female characters in games especially in character action games, RPGs and survival horror games, but I liked playing as an older brother looking out for his younger brother in this game because I found it to be somewhat relatable since when I was a teenager my younger brother was a little kid just like the brothers are in this game. And it also didn’t really bother me since this is more of an interactive story than a game, even more so than the other LiS games. With that said, Alex Chen is my favorite LiS protagonist and that’s why I’m disappointed that True Colors is somewhat lacking in terms of overall content. What it offers is great, but there’s just not enough of it IMO.

• stepee 1

I’ve wanted The Cub for a bit so so I was waiting for a sale and it hit $11 but only with a bundle along with a game called Space Cows. So I’m trying that and..it’s kinda good? It’s a horizontally scrolling (not auto scrolling) twin stick shooter that feels very 90s. Like in the way you are a cow and it’s all about farts and boogers being the funniest thing in the world. It plays quite well too. I like it. Not bad for a game I basic accepted just to get a discount.

Also you can go into slow motion and it’s called “slow moo” so yeah it’s kinda my thing 

Uhhh so The Cub seems like legit kinda amazing? Looking at reviews I’m surprised it’s not higher. Steam reviews are higher than critics and seem more correct. I was concerned that it would be too frustrating as that’s what the more negative reviews say but I’ve played a couple hours and I’m waiting for that shoe to drop still.

This is, oddly, a Jungle Book/Lion King 16bit Virgin Interactive-like - those games are FUCKING hard. So far this is far more forgiving than those so idk what the issue is. Just how often it saves alone makes it far easier. Nothing like the flamingo ride in Lion King.

Buts its DAMN gorgeous and plays better than those games too with smoother controls. And the story seems pretty interesting and it’s told largely though a unique mechanic where you are wearing a headset and getting a radio transmission for the humans who are returning from Mars. And you pick up details that way.

Ive been quite impressed so far, beyond my expectations.

I’ve just bought Elden Ring (PS5) to play after Dead Space, whilst my wife works through some degree work, which should work well. Also picked up FFX for Switch as I really fancied a Final Fantasy game to actually try and complete and this felt right. So far, it’s doing what I need it to do!

On 6/19/2024 at 4:01 AM, Dodger said:

Platinum #5 dragons dogma 2. Fuck this game glad I’m done with it and never playing it again.

I got to about level 20, lost some progress, and quit. At no time during my play through was I having anything resembling fun. 

I am Starting Shadow of the Erdtree this morning. Just waiting for it to finish downloading. Can’t wait to to explore. Started a new character last month, because I didn’t want to start the DLC on NG4. Beat everything up to and including the Fire Giant, and at level 140.  Mogh is dead. 

The most shocking thing to me was how easy Radahn was this time around. First time he was in the top 5 hardest bosses, basically one shotting me and forcing me to fight him without getting hit. This time he was a joke. Mogh and Malenia were always the hardest bosses for me personally. I fought Mogh for about 4 hours on my play through at launch, and it took be another two hours this time. I do refuse to use the shackle though, so that’s on me. I also didn’t use any summons this time around, but I’ll definitely be using them in the DLC. 

On 6/19/2024 at 3:01 AM, Dodger said:

Platinum #5 dragons dogma 2. Fuck this game glad I’m done with it and never playing it again.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I got to about level 20, lost some progress, and quit. At no time during my play through was I having anything resembling fun. 

I agree. I tried to enjoy DD2 but it offered zero fun for me. It was a chore to play.

this weekend playing Forza Horizon 5, NHL 24, Madden 24 all on Series X.  and of course some WarZone on PS5 thrown in there.

So FFX is taking up all my gaming time at the moment. The ability to just put the switch into sleep mode has near enough negated the lack of ‘save when you like’, and in general it’s just enough of the good, to make it compulsive. I say this like I’m hours in…I’m 2 and a half hours in, fighting sin for the first time. 

• Halal 1

Had to restart Beyond the Mountains because of a game breaking bug. In the second boss fight NPCs started spawning on top of each other. The boss could kill them but more would spawn. It prevented the boss fight from ending even after the boss was defeated. Game is fun but I'm glad I didn't get it back when it cost money, I'm willing to give a it chance because it's free.

I finished Thousand Year Door today, and then played a little bit of Selaco. Still early in the latter, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:48 AM, stepee said:

Uhhh so The Cub seems like legit kinda amazing? Looking at reviews I’m surprised it’s not higher. Steam reviews are higher than critics and seem more correct. I was concerned that it would be too frustrating as that’s what the more negative reviews say but I’ve played a couple hours and I’m waiting for that shoe to drop still.

This is, oddly, a Jungle Book/Lion King 16bit Virgin Interactive-like - those games are FUCKING hard. So far this is far more forgiving than those so idk what the issue is. Just how often it saves alone makes it far easier. Nothing like the flamingo ride in Lion King.

I played Lion King so fucking much as a kid. I got so good at it. I could pretty much play it from start to finish flawlessly.

I bought it on Steam when it came out, and holy shit I don't know how I stuck with it :lol: So maybe The Cub would be good!

1 hour ago, legend said:

I finished Thousand Year Door today, and then played a little bit of Selaco. Still early in the latter, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

I played Lion King so fucking much as a kid. I got so good at it. I could pretty much play it from start to finish flawlessly.

I bought it on Steam when it came out, and holy shit I don't know how I stuck with it :lol: So maybe The Cub would be good!

It’s certainly more fair! Just as gorgeous in its own way too.

I wanted to poke my head into Silent Line (the sequel to Armored Core 3) just to see what it was like. Seems like pretty much a direct continuation. The menus and everything are nearly all the same except for the mission map which is a picture of the surface this time because you get out of layered of course at the end of the previous game.

Laine Meyers isn't there though. Do you think she'll come back in some way? 🤔

Halo Infinite multiplayer

Forza Horizon 5

both on my Series X that @stepee was kind and generous enough to buy me without me even asking. It’s brought me so much happiness and enjoyment in what would be considered a very mundane and sad life. I would never sell it to a family member for a quick profit. Thanks dude!

• Hugs 2

I started playing Stray, and I’ve been somewhat enjoying it. The graphics are really good, but it’s been a little light on actual gameplay with just traversing through linear environments with a lot of automated jumping.

8 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Stray, and I’ve been somewhat enjoying it. The graphics are really good, but it’s been a little light on actual gameplay with just traversing through linear environments with a lot of automated jumping.

It wasn’t what I hoped it would be but it’s okay. It’s gets kinda dark and mechanical in how you have to navigate the challenges. I wanted it to be more about being a cat I guess.

Ninja Gaiden is soooo crunchy I love it. Glad Steam finally got a good price and they are low on storage required which is nice. Cant play NG2 yet though because there is a mod that looks a little annoying I need to get set first to restore all the gore and dismemberment. 

Edit: Had to play just a little NG2. I think it’s the best one. That used to be a weird opinion but Im seeing it more over time. It’s just a fucking killer action game. Also hear 3 razors edge is actually pretty good, I only played some of the original NG3.

I think I’m better at Ninja Gaiden Black now because of all the Souls shit. Or at least I’ve finally allowed myself to block. The fucking trap doors with the camera angles were still annoying me though. Game is still just great though. I’m glad I finally got these, I just love the feel. I wonder if there are Devils Third mods that fix that somehow.

I’m playing Village. I finished this on PS4 a while back and decided to grab the steam gold edition.  Never played the DLC for this before so I’m trying to hammer through this and than play the DLC.  This and 7 is starting to show its age a bit.  

I tried out one of my Rad2x cables last night. I'm very impressed with the quality of the output. I'll have to pick up the Saturn cables in the future, maybe the Nintendo ones as well. I'm only hesitant on the Nintendo cables because I have a Super NT and would only use it for N64 & Gamecube. Yet there are better solutions for Gcn and I'm probably going to pick up the Analogue 3d (n64). Now just to wait a few more weeks for my massive box of NeoCD games to show up.

spacer.png spacer.png

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1