What are you playing today?

Contributing to that stat of people playing more old games, my focus right now is KOTOR. It’s a game I’ve started multiple times over the years (decades!) but never made it more than a couple hours in.

47 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Contributing to that stat of people playing more old games, my focus right now is KOTOR. It’s a game I’ve started multiple times over the years (decades!) but never made it more than a couple hours in.

That's probably aged horrifically. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's probably aged horrifically. 

I mean yeah, it’s clunky and it looks like shit, but I’m enjoying it more now than I did 10 years ago or whenever I last tried it. It’s probably because I understand and accept the dice roll combat better now. 

11 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I’ve just wasted about 35 minutes going through most of the SNES games on Switch online that I’ve never played to see what they’re like. Most are perfectly…fine but I’m also awful at any scrolling shoot ‘em ups. I may do the same with all the other consoles available just to see if anything stands out.

My wife is playing Fallout 4, so I’ve carried on, but with Megadrive (Genesis) games. Shinobi 3 and Dynamite Heady definitely hold up.

Gonna spend a good chunk of today playing a bunch of games to see what sticks so I don't spend as much time on Rise of the Ronin. Beat the main campaign but immediatly went into Midnight difficulty which is basically the game's new game plus. It's challenging but the combat in this game is so deepyou don't mind pushing through until you get pass a tough part.  I already played some New Vegas... gonna probably continue that. Also played some FFXV. Very pretty game but the actually gameplay feels so shallow. I hadn't touched the game since August according to my last save and I just button mashed my way through like three boss battles despite the fact that I had no idea what I was actually doing. My dual Sense controller is starting to act up, getting some pretty bad drift in the right stick c ausing the camera to point up so I may just take a break from PS5 games until I get another one.

I resumed my playthrough in Wo Long. Didn't realize I was so early in the game, was still basically in the tutorial area. This is going to be another Team Ninja game I sink a bunch of time into. Feels so much more souls like than ROTR. Probably gonna put some time into Dragon's DOgma 2 and Armored Core today too. Pretty much gonna sample a bunch of games in my backlog. Wo-Long feels like it may be the one that occupies me the longest though., Just in the mood for this kind of game.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Been Playing Wo Long all weekend and making great progress. Definitely the easiest Team Ninja game I've ever played and one of the easiest Soulslikes... so far. Loving this game.

I couldn't even beat the first boss in that. Don't underestimate your "skillz". You are way above average.

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I couldn't even beat the first boss in that. Don't underestimate your "skillz". You are way above average.

He beat Jump King first on his first run, one of the easiest types of those games

:p

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Haya Dune said:

Balatro

We all agree Balatro is the most important piece of media this millennium correct? | IGN Boards

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The poker roguelike. Balatro is a hypnotically satisfying deckbuilder where you play illegal poker hands, discover game-changing jokers, and trigger adrenaline-pumping, outrageous combos.

Such a damn good game!

• stepee 1

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't understand this lol. 

I can explain the joke (which means the joke was HILARIOUS) because you and @skillzdadirecta are confused.

Skillz finds a game others consider difficult easy (Wo Long). You say he has above average skillz.

As a joke I said he could beat a very difficult game (Jump King) easily.

If you don't know what Jump King is, this is what it is:

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Morning gaming?

Yea. I tried Fallout 76 and it's ass still.

Trying to beat Cyberpunk before Wednesday because that's when Starfield gets the updates. I'm playing and finally beating it. 

44 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea. I tried Fallout 76 and it's ass still.

Trying to beat Cyberpunk before Wednesday because that's when Starfield gets the updates. I'm playing and finally beating it. 

Oh ya. Looking forward to that!

Hades 2 -- I suck at it, but put a few hours into it

Balatro -- I play a few games every few weeks.  I've unlocked most of the decks at this point.

Horizon: Forbidden West -- Due to other commitments, I haven't played much in over a week.

Been playing Fable 2 and I'm really impressed with it's production values. The game is pretty close in terms of scale that was the original Project Ego. The combat is really enjoyable and so is the economy in this game. Been playing 2 days straight now. 

Tried a little bit of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown.  The movement reminds me of a good platform fighter, even if the parry system is a bit too telegraphed for my liking.  And I can appreciate the fact that it was seemingly designed as a last-gen game, so that it runs blazing fast on everything.

Still I might not be in the mood for it yet, for whatever reason.  I think I had a little more fun starting up Axiom Verge recently.  Can't really put my finger on why.  Maybe the frequent cutscenes at the start of PoP.

spacer.png

So they have a DOA volleyball on Steam, but they never released it in the United States. You can't even download it on steam if you're here. However, if you use a VPN you can download it. And maybe @stepee would only appreciate this but it seems the strategy is to use a program called Tunnelbear and it's a cool program because it's all bear themed. Even when you uninstall it it says bear stuff.

But anyway as for the game I had it downloaded for a couple of weeks now but never fired it up, but decided to give it a go. Well, you don't actually play anything. It's a gotcha game and the volleyball is all automatic. So I guess the girls look good, I dunno if I'll come back to it. Games like these are kind of a chore. Also, the game is localized in English (subtitles) so if you do go through the hoops of downloading it you should be able to understand it. :p

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

spacer.png

So they have a DOA volleyball on Steam, but they never released it in the United States. You can't even download it on steam if you're here. However, if you use a VPN you can download it. And maybe @stepee would only appreciate this but it seems the strategy is to use a program called Tunnelbear and it's a cool program because it's all bear themed. Even when you uninstall it it says bear stuff.

But anyway as for the game I had it downloaded for a couple of weeks now but never fired it up, but decided to give it a go. Well, you don't actually play anything. It's a gotcha game and the volleyball is all automatic. So I guess the girls look good, I dunno if I'll come back to it. Games like these are kind of a chore. Also, the game is localized in English (subtitles) so if you do go through the hoops of downloading it you should be able to understand it. :p

I love DOA characters :fap:

23 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

spacer.png

I got tunnelbear on iphone ages ago just to get the associated stickers 

• Hype 1

I was going to raid the Capcom Arcade Collection 1 & 2 since you can buy games ala carte and theyre all 50% off ($1 each)

but then I did my usual check on Arcade Archives and saw Rastan has been finally released… so im getting that (im going to blast that 3 theme Basil Poledouris wannabe soundtrack  all day)

I also saw that “Time Soldiers” is a free game with the SNK collection…

Im having a great year with movies and classic game releases..

If I can get a Kingdom of Heaven DC 4K and Mr Do Castle on the Switch I will have completed a banner year in movies and classic games

spacer.png