~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Sure, but we are seeing the tide turn towards ending restrictions around the world without regard for the political and economic system of the country, so it seems a bit America centric to suggest this is simply “Capitalism!” at work.

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will absolutely agree with this as there is pushback in places like Trinidad that are certainly very far from any conception of "American capitalism".

The fact of the matter is that there is pushback because ultimately human beings are a weak-willed species.

There’s really only one economic system on the planet and it’s splitting hairs to say there isn’t: Local elites (bound by and for capital/power accumulation) try to dictate policy for their material interest. I can’t speak to the political inclinations of other countries (because I’m American and don’t care tbh) so I’m largely confining this to the US, but I’d wager this largely holds up across the board. 

If we didn’t have effective vaccines the US would not be in much different shape and that’s the one material item that has changed the calculus for other countries so that’s worth keeping in mind.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There’s really only one economic system on the planet and it’s splitting hairs to say there isn’t: Local elites (bound by and for capital/power accumulation) try to dictate policy for their material interest. I can’t speak to the political inclinations of other countries (because I’m American and don’t care tbh) so I’m largely confining this to the US, but I’d wager this largely holds up across the board. 

If we didn’t have effective vaccines the US would not be in much different shape and that’s the one material item that has changed the calculus for other countries so that’s worth keeping in mind.

True.  It really doesn't matter what the political or economic system is, elites will always try and take advantage of it for their own personal gain.  Always have, always will.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Want to know which group has pushed the most for liberalizing measures in Trinidad?  

Teachers.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There’s really only one economic system on the planet and it’s splitting hairs to say there isn’t:

I have a masters in econ, which is basically a splitting hairs degree!

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Want to know which group has pushed the most for liberalizing measures in Trinidad?  

Teachers.

That is actually interesting. 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I have a masters in econ, which is basically a splitting hairs degree!

I’ll withhold my judgement since I’m stem master race 

Use to love hoodies when I was a young kid/early teens. Now I avoid anything long sleeve/hoodie related for wear and would skip/avoid pants if I could. Old job, even dead of winter and in some snow storms, I wore shorts and damn proud of it. Actually took the dogs for a walk around the block in my shorts today and tomorrow could be half a foot of snow or more. Gotta enjoy it wherever/whenever I can in the winter months up here. 

I love hearing people bitch about mask mandates. They are meaningless around here. We have them in the city and surrounding suburbs, but as you go out further into the county there are zero mandates.

In the parts with mandates, no one cares. There are big signs on the door that says MASKS REQUIRED BY LAW, blah blah, but inside the store, anywhere from 20-50% of people aren't wearing masks and literally no one is telling them to put one on. You get out to the county and the boonies and it's like 10-20% indoor masking at best.

What are people even complaining about? You go to 10 stores maskless and maybe one of them someone asks you to put on a mask?

TYRANNY!

There are houses all around here with NO FEAR and RESIST TYRANNY yard signs. I can't imagine how miserable and stupid and selfish and awful these people must be. They may as well be hangin up a sign that says "I'M A SELFISH STUPID PEICE OF SHIT WITH DUMB STUPID OPINIONS WHO IS DUMB AND STUPID".

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You'll have to explain this one to me.  Don't you put them on exactly the same way?

15 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Nope. I hate zip hoodies. I prefer pullover hoodies or quarter zip sweaters. 

Zip hoodies are the best. I don't want to pull anything over my head!

13 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I like these: 

qfe-68_pic001.jpg?optimize=medium&fit=bo
RAB.EQUIPMENT

The Nexus Pull-On is a midlayer made with stretch fleece for mobility and comfort - it will quickly become your go-to lightweight technical fleece.

Scroll to the image with the handsome black guy and skip the white men examples. 

That's not a hoodie.