~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

15 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

What two impotent, doddering nuerons in his brain bumped into each other to move the goal post to 60-70k when we will almost certainly top that high end by next Monday?

We're probably already over 70k, especially if you start counting people that died cause they couldn't or were afraid to get treatment for other things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2020/04/27/covid-19-death-toll-undercounted/?arc404=true

In the early weeks of the coronavirus epidemic, the United States recorded an estimated 15,400 excess deaths, nearly two times as many as were publicly attributed to covid-19 at the time, according to an analysis of federal data conducted for The Washington Post by a research team led by the Yale School of Public Health.

The excess deaths — the number beyond what would normally be expected for that time of year — occurred during March and through April 4, a time when 8,128 coronavirus deaths were reported.

31 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

What two impotent, doddering nuerons in his brain bumped into each other to move the goal post to 60-70k when we will almost certainly top that high end by next Monday?

Also, I’m pretty sure he didn’t understand that she was referring to him when she mentioned a President being re-elected.

• Haha 1

The speed with which these associations have formed really gives me pause in the sense that maybe state-level (and lower) officials have been kinda itching for this to happen for quite some time now.

When you think about it, even though the overall concept of a nation-state is an artificial construct, the "United States of America" is an even greater artificial construct because its existence is really predicated on effectively nothing.

15 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The speed with which these associations have formed really gives me pause in the sense that maybe state-level (and lower) officials have been kinda itching for this to happen for quite some time now.

When you think about it, even though the overall concept of a nation-state is an artificial construct, the "United States of America" is an even greater artificial construct because its existence is really predicated on effectively nothing.

All hail the Regional Advisory Council.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

It seems to be predicated on geography to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

All hail the Regional Advisory Council.

Can I claim dual citizenship?

43 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

How bat-shit crazy do your conspiracy theories have to be that Fox kicks you out? 

36 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:feelsrona:

FOX is REALLY worried about potential lawsuits.

they’ve fought them before and won because they’re “entertainment”. Which is why Fox shouldn’t be allowed to masquerade as a news organization, including being forced to remove “news” from their name. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

How bat-shit crazy do your conspiracy theories have to be that Fox kicks you out? 

they’ve fought them before and won because they’re “entertainment”. Which is why Fox shouldn’t be allowed to masquerade as a news organization, including being forced to remove “news” from their name. 

I'm sure they have won before... doesn't mean they aren't worried about liability. ALL of these news organizations are afraid of the courts these days.

10 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Someone has already written the story.

The year is 2019. California’s new governor, Gavin Newsom, recently elected on a platform that included support for the creation of a single-payer health-care system, now must figure out how to enact it. A prior nonpartisan analysis priced it at $400 billion per year — twice the state’s current budget. There appears to be no way to finance such a plan without staggering new taxes, making California a magnet for those with chronic illnesses just as its tax rates send younger, healthier Californians house-hunting in Nevada and big tech employers consider leaving the state.

But Newsom is not alone. Other governors have made similar promises, and Newsom calls together the executives of the most ideologically like-minded states — Oregon, Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland. What if they banded to create a sole unified single-payer health-care system, spreading risk around a much larger pool of potential patients while creating uniformity across some of the country’s wealthiest states?

Fifteen end up forming an interstate compact, a well-established mechanism for working together, explicitly introduced in the Constitution. They sketch out the contours of a common health-care market: a unified single-payer regime with start-up costs funded in part by the largest issue ever to hit the municipal-bond market. The governors agree, as well, on a uniform payroll tax and a new tax on millionaires and corporations set to the same rate with revenues earmarked for health-care costs. The Trump administration has already proved willing to grant waivers to states looking to experiment beyond the Affordable Care Act’s standards — primarily for the benefit of those seeking to offer plans on their exchanges with skimpier coverage. But the states can’t act unilaterally: The Supreme Court has ruled that Congress must approve establishment of any compact claiming authority that previously resided with the federal government.

Newsom pressures his friend House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi to introduce a bill that would give the compact all federal money that flows into its constituent states for health-care costs. Pelosi’s members from Arizona and Florida balk at the proposal, which they fear would enable their states’ Republican governors to gut Obamacare protections. But there are scores more from states looking to join the compact, and their governors marshal Democratic House delegations into a bloc. The bill passes the House, with the support of tea-party Republicans eager to strike a blow against federal power.

When it reaches the Senate, the initiative comes from Republicans. In 2011, then–Texas governor Rick Perry championed a Health Care Compact Alliance, joined by eight other states seeking a “regulatory shield” against the Affordable Care Act and full control over their Medicare and Medicaid funds. By the time the Democratic bill passes the House, current Texas governor Greg Abbott has rallied more than 20 states, including North Carolina, Missouri, and Arizona, for a new version of the Health Care Compact. He also has the support of two prominent senators, Ted Cruz and Majority Whip John Cornyn. Republicans who had promised for nearly a decade to repeal and replace Obamacare can finally deliver on the promise — for 40 percent of the country.

The president sees opportunity, too. While running for president, Donald Trump called himself “Mr. Brexit,” a boast tied to his apocryphal claim of having accurately predicted the British vote to leave the European Union. Now he’s convinced, thanks largely to a Fox & Friends chyron reading BIGGER THAN BREXIT?, that an even more significant world-historical accomplishment is within reach. Trump lobbies Pelosi and Mitch McConnell to combine their bills. Trump beams at the Rose Garden signing ceremony, calling it “the biggest deal ever” as he goads Pelosi and McConnell into an awkward handshake. Historians will later mark it as the first step in our nation’s slow breakup, the conscious uncoupling of these United States.

(This is just the intro, I’m not breaking the don’t-post-entire-articles rule)

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It used to be that you could criticize China and Russia for things like lying about body counts during a pandemic.

But when the story came out about China undercounting in Wuhan it was just, "Well yeah, that's monstrous. I wonder which state will do it first."

And now we know. The only question left is should we call them Flina or North Florea?

11 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

WTF is all this about 5g? 

There were pre-existing conspiracy theories about 5G causing all manner of health problems(similar to how people claimed wind turbines gaves people headaches and other things).

When the Coronovirus came around, somehow it got attached to the already existing conspiracy.

I don't know if it has happened here, but there are multiple reports of 5G towers being burned down in the U.K.over this.

Imagine being so desperate to put a person of color on your network that you resort to Diamond and Silk. I mean, seriously.

And all the big bad conspiracy theories they are putting out is all the EXACT same shit all of my conservative facebook friends are either directly stating as fact or dancing around because they are too cowardly to just say it. But we all know what they are thinking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/fox-nation-ousts-trump-supporters-diamond-silk-following-coronavirus-conspiracy-claims-1500533%3famp=1

Though the duo has regularly contributed five- to seven-minute-long videos to Fox Nation each week since December 18, CNN senior media reporter Oliver Darcy noted that they haven't added any new videos since April 7, one day after the duo was briefly locked out of Twitter for a tweet telling their 1.4 million followers to defy quarantine stay-at-home orders, thus violating the microblogging platform's policy against COVID-19 misinformation.

However, the duo has pushed other conspiracy theories about coronavirus on YouTube and Twitter.

During a March 30 livestream, the duo said that the media and health officials had exaggerated the number of coronavirus deaths to tarnish President Donald Trump.

"What I need to know is how many people have passed away in New York, and what I need to know is: Who has the bodies?" Hardaway asked. "I need for somebody that does investigative work to call the morgues. To call the funeral homes. We need to know, because I don't trust anything else... Something's not right here. Something is off here."

"Is this being deliberately spread?" she continued. "Look, I'm not being a conspiracy theorist, this is real, but I'm asking my own questions. What the hell is going on?"

Richardson called coronavirus "man-made" and "engineered," and asked if there was a "little deep-state action going on behind the scenes," with the World Health Organization having a "switch [to] turn this virus on and off."

On April 10, the duo said they would refuse a coronavirus vaccine developed by Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates because he "pushed for population control."

:facepalm: