~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 hours ago, Jason said:

How can it be a mutiny if he's only there as backup? 

So he's pretty much pulled a 180  on his battle with the governors... He just said "I will have a call with the 50 Governors and authorize them to come up with individual reopening plans that best suit their states to open at times best for them"  which is what the Governors were going to do anyway. What a moron.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So he's pretty much pulled a 180  on his battle with the governors... He just said "I will have a call with the 50 Governors and authorize them to come up with individual reopening plans that best suit their states to open at times best for them"  which is what the Governors were going to do anyway. What a moron.

Yes but now he has authorized it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He just name checked Cuomo.... which tells me that Cuomo was one of the ones that got him to walk this thing back. Earlier today Cuomo basically said he would "see him in court."

its more like maybe somebody convinced him that the states with the best economies wouldnt listen to him anyway (ie NY and CA)

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

its more like maybe somebody convinced him that the states with the best economies wouldnt listen to him anyway (ie NY and CA)

It could be both... Newsome has been ignoring him pretty much anyway. When you're governor of the fifth largest economy of the world you can afford to give zero fucks.

49 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump said to a reporter that he's never praised China for its transparency buuuuut...

It gets better!

From February 23:

Q Do you think President Xi should be doing something different?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He’s working very hard. I think he’s doing a very good job. It’s a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem and he will solve the problem. Okay?

From March 27 - less than 3 weeks ago:

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can see Trump blatantly pouting about halfway through. 

Was this before or after the meltdown he had at the press conference where he dimmed the lights and showed a ‘highlight video’ designed to show the awesomeness of his coronavirus response?

Said meltdowns seem to be getting more frequent.

I’m sure his fans love the tantrums, but it really does go to show how much better Reagan and both Bush’s were at handling the press.

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Was this before or after the meltdown he had at the press conference where he dimmed the lights and showed a ‘highlight video’ designed to show the awesomeness of his coronavirus response?

I’m sure his fans love the tantrums, but it really does go to show how much better Reagan and both Bush’s were at handling the press.

This was after, Today's presser. The one you're talking about was yesterday... which seems like a month ago. And I don't know how you can watch these and see anything other than a frightened man who is in waaaaay over his head lashing out like a child.

4 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

This was today.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So being unemployed isn't a necessary condition for qualifying for the money? 

Under the Ryan/Khanna plan, the vast majority of working-class Americans would qualify for this tax relief. Every American adult making up to $130k would receive at least $1k and up to $2k per month for 6 months. Congress could then renew this again for another 6 month period. This would operate as a temporary, emergency Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), allowing the IRS to access 2019 Tax Return Information in order to ease the cutting and sending of the checks.

This idea was first proposed on March 17.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So being unemployed isn't a necessary condition for qualifying for the money? 

It’s straight UBI. Employed, unemployed, doesn’t matter.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s straight UBI. Employed, unemployed, doesn’t matter.

If we are worried about how to pay for it, implement a flat tax to fund it.  viola!

This is essentially what Justin Amash has argued for - give everyone the stimulus regardless of income level, but have people pay it back who can afford to.  

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Same thing as the “President’s tips” post cards the government sent out a couple weeks ago

It really isn't... I'm watching the reporting on this right now and it's being reported that this is unprecedented (Trump originally wanted to sign the checks but was told that he couldn't) so now he is having his name put in the memo line of the paper checks going out. Also because this was a last minute decision, the checks had to be recoded which may or may not delay them going out by a couple of days :|