~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s kind of amusing to think that this might be what undoes Trump’s re-election bid as the markets continue to burn.

I’m not sure how well he can defend it, granted his base doesn’t need a lot of sound logic to buy it. But defunding the CDC, coming out on day 3 of the US outbreak and saying it’s been contained (we are months from seeing the worst of it), saying it’ll die out in the summer (it won’t), absolutely wrecked markets - are all fairly easy criticisms that surely would land on his dumb base. 

who am I kidding, he will make fun of Biden being mentally unfit and win. 

1 minute ago, Comet said:

I’m not sure how well he can defend it, granted his base doesn’t need a lot of sound logic to buy it. But defunding the CDC, coming out on day 3 of the US outbreak and saying it’s been contained (we are months from seeing the worst of it), saying it’ll die out in the summer (it won’t), absolutely wrecked markets - are all fairly easy criticisms that surely would land on his dumb base. 

who am I kidding, he will make fun of Biden being mentally unfit and win. 

His base can’t win him an election. He needs those whacky undecideds to break his way, and the growing possibility of negative growth rates will hurt him. How much? Remains to be seen.

Trump is apparently having a meltdown over the virus, believing that reporters will purposefully contract it in order to spread it to him on Air Force One: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/trump-germaphobe-in-chief-struggles-to-control-the-covid-19-story

The problem is that the crisis fits into his preexisting and deeply held worldview—that the media is always searching for a story to bring him down. Covid-19 is merely the latest instance, and he’s reacting in familiar ways. “So much FAKE NEWS!” Trump tweeted this morning. “He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” a source close to the White House told me. Trump is also frustrated with his West Wing for not getting a handle on the news cycle. “He’s very frustrated he doesn’t have a good team around him,” a former White House official said. On Friday he forced out acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and replaced him with former House Freedom Caucus chair Mark Meadows. Trump thought the virus was “getting beyond Mick,” a person briefed on the internal discussions said.

As Trump pushes a nothing-to-see-here message in public, sources said he’s privately terrified about getting the virus. “Donald is a famous germaphobe. He hates it if someone is eating nachos and dips a chip back in after taking a bite. He calls them ‘double dippers,’” a prominent Republican said. Former Trump aide Sam Nunberg recalled Trump’s response to the last major outbreak in 2014. “When I worked for Trump, he was obsessed with Ebola,” Nunberg told me

Stories about Trump’s coronavirus fears have spread through the White House. Last week Trump told aides he’s afraid journalists will try to purposefully contract coronavirus to give it to him on Air Force One, a person close to the administration told me. The source also said Trump has asked the Secret Service to set up a screening program and bar anyone who has a cough from the White House grounds. “He’s definitely melting down over this,” the source said.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

It’s kind of amusing to think that this might be what undoes Trump’s re-election bid as the markets continue to burn.

I’m just hoping someone starts a rumor that detergent kills the virus so we get more Tide pod challenge videos. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

He’s afraid of getting the virus, and yet he was literally just on video shaking hands with a bunch of people in Florida.

I will never buy that Trump is a “germaphobe”, the guy openly bragged about not using condoms.

He’s afraid of germs not viruses derp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

As Trump pushes a nothing-to-see-here message in public, sources said he’s privately terrified about getting the virus. “Donald is a famous germaphobe. He hates it if someone is eating nachos and dips a chip back in after taking a bite. He calls them ‘double dippers,’” a prominent Republican said.

I mean...isn't this someone that should bother everyone? Who the fuck does this and thinks it's okay?

3 hours ago, Comet said:

Well it’s now in Collin County. Some dude in his 30s traveled from California back to the Dallas area with it. Time to bunker down a bit.

I'm sure you're going to hear of more cases coming from California since they allowed the LA marathon to go on for some insane reason.  I get people trained a long time to be able to run it, but they really should have thought that maybe the at risk individuals are a bit more important than them running a race that they'll always have another opportunity to do.