Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
unknown.png

The leaked controller gave away its release date of 11/5/2020. Possible release date for the XSX

Aren't most warranties from the day you purchase the product and listed as a 1 year warranty?  Not just some arbitrary date on a package.

What if that isn't bought until a few months into 2021?

I don't look at warranty info often but I don't think I've ever seen a date listed like that.

*Looks like maybe it was registered online and that came up as the Warranty info?

15 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Aren't most warranties from the day you purchase the product and listed as a 1 year warranty?  Not just some arbitrary date on a package.

What if that isn't bought until a few months into 2021?

I don't look at warranty info often but I don't think I've ever seen a date listed like that.

*Looks like maybe it was registered online and that came up as the Warranty info?

That’s my understanding. It was registered online but the warranty won’t start until its “release date” which is 11/5. Maybe I am wrong but I believe in the past you could buy accessories before console launch so who knows. The one common factor is November. 

While I'm pretty confident MS has been waiting for Gamescom to announce the Series S and the release date and hopefully price... just fucking do it already. 

You got too many gamers with fuck all to do right now except sit around and speculate on the internet. This summer has lasted a fucking eternity and Sony/MS being coy little bitches isn't helping anything. Just let me know how much money I need to be saving, or better yet let me just preorder the motherfucker already and be done with it.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

While I'm pretty confident MS has been waiting for Gamescom to announce the Series S and the release date and hopefully price... just fucking do it already. 

You got too many gamers with fuck all to do right now except sit around and speculate on the internet. This summer has lasted a fucking eternity and Sony/MS being coy little bitches isn't helping anything. Just let me know how much money I need to be saving, or better yet let me just preorder the motherfucker already and be done with it.

Maybe MS will pull a Sega and it’ll be available “right now!” upon announcement :p 

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Maybe MS will pull a Sega and it’ll be available “right now!” upon announcement :p 

I get that you are probably... mostly kidding.  But this wouldn't work for a console release in 2020.  

Many (maybe most) people will be buying online - not in store.  With the way bots work now very few real people would be able to purchase these if you took away the ability to pre-order.  You would end up having a several month period where the only option for regular people would be to pay scalpers huge fees online.  For Microsoft especially this would be a death blow.  Everyone would just get the PS5 using the normal methods.

22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Incorrect. I was 100% kidding.

Also, by your logic regarding the bots, it would be equally impossible to preorder due to said bots preordering.

So you don't believe in Bots?  Swtiches haven't been available since march mostly because of bots.

Xbox Series X Launches this November with Thousands of Games Spanning Four Generations

Today, we announced updates to Halo Infinite’s launch timing. Our vision at Xbox and 343 Industries has always been to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever for our fans, while also balancing the team’s well-being.  To do that, we will need some more time to finish the critical work necessary to launch Halo Infinite, which will come in 2021.

We have plenty to keep you busy until Chief arrives: There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year. And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to 120 frames per second, faster loading times, and Quick Resume for multiple games, playing will look and feel better, no matter which games you choose to play on day one.

• More than 50 new games planned for this year across generations and optimized for Xbox Series X, including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Gears Tactics, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and Watch Dogs: Legion. With Smart Delivery you only have to buy these games once to play the best versions for your console, across generations.
  • New games developed for Xbox Series X and launching with Xbox Game Pass,including exclusives like The Medium, Scorn, Tetris Effect: Connected, and more.
  • More than 40 popular games newly optimized to take full advantage of Xbox Series X such as Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Madden NFL 21, and more.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

They don't have squat for their launch either!

Ratchet & Spiderman will make launch. Sony will have no problem throwing all their dev studios at making sure one of those hits launch day (they've done it before).

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Based on new information... I retract my previous comments. MS best bet now would be to release the hardware as soon as possible, and make sure they are well under the cost of the ps5. Halo is a big deal.  Losing that launch title is going to hurt the Xbox bad. 

Does it suck not to have Halo for launch, of course.  But launching a rushed game is far worse than delaying it to make it as good as it can possibly be.

I also don't see any benefit in delaying the Series X with Halo.  If the hardware is good to go, what benefit does Xbox have waiting until Halo is ready.  Those that were only getting a Series X for Halo, will wait for Halo.  Those that are getting a Series X for the best console performance of multiplats and improved back compat, may not care about the delay and still want the XSX Day 1.  All delaying the console would do, is leave it unavailable for all those that want it regardless of a Halo delay.

I personally don't see what launching later and leaving the PS5 go uncontested at retail this Holiday does to benefit the Xbox if the hardware is ready to launch.

39 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Ratchet isn't a launch game as far as we know.

I though they did but looking back it seems they left a giant ? which to me leads to it being on the bubble for this year or next year (based on past experience). Spiderman was at least confirmed for this year.

32 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Does it suck not to have Halo for launch, of course.  But launching a rushed game is far worse than delaying it to make it as good as it can possibly be.

I also don't see any benefit in delaying the Series X with Halo.  If the hardware is good to go, what benefit does Xbox have waiting until Halo is ready.  Those that were only getting a Series X for Halo, will wait for Halo.  Those that are getting a Series X for the best console performance of multiplats and improved back compat, may not care about the delay and still want the XSX Day 1.  All delaying the console would do, is leave it unavailable for all those that want it regardless of a Halo delay.

I personally don't see what launching later and leaving the PS5 go uncontested at retail this Holiday does to benefit the Xbox if the hardware is ready to launch.

You are 100% correct. Even with the blow of no halo, not launching anything this year would be a disaster for MS. If anything they should probably hold back the S and put all production efforts into making as many X as possible. MS & Sony will pretty much sell out of everything they produce this year anyways and the real question will be how their momentum is post holiday. 

I don't think they should delay the console, but I expect more from a generational launch than trying to be the best place for cross-gen.  Not having a big day and date launch title draws more attention to the problem.  Like Zelda TP and BotW, Halo ideally should have been the game Microsoft delayed to the console launch.

Silver lining is that some other game could benefit.  The Medium?

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What a disaster. If this doesn’t get 343 removed from the Halo series nothing will. 343 had 5 years to get a Halo game ready for launch of the next gen and failed to do so. Let alone what they showed was turned into a meme. 

While I vastly prefer Bungie's Halos, I don't think that's quite fair. They had a target of the end of this year and then a global pandemic happened. Game developers are worked like mules as it is. Lets not contribute to that culture by putting them down for not working through the pandemic toward their target date at the same rate developers are often forced to work.

Halo Infinite could have been what BoTW was to the Switch; a cross-gen game that still served as a system seller for the new console.

Not that the Series X needs a big killer app at launch to be a success (just look at the One X), but missing Halo this holiday does take some of the wind out of its sails.

With Halo out, I’d guess most people still interested in the Series X this holiday are looking to play the big 3rd party cross-gen tittles on it.  If that is the case there will be a lot riding on those Digital Foundry XSX vs PS5 comparisons.  Here’s hoping one of the the smaller Xbox exclusive tittles is a runaway success so graphics don’t completely dominate the discussions.

3 hours ago, legend said:

While I vastly prefer Bungie's Halos, I don't think that's quite fair. They had a target of the end of this year and then a global pandemic happened. Game developers are worked like mules as it is. Lets not contribute to that culture by putting them down for not working through the pandemic toward their target date at the same rate developers are often forced to work.

I wonder if the target date was always this year though.  They don't deserve to be shitted on for the delay, but they had a significant chunk of time to pull this together.  About as long as CD Projekt Red had to pivot from Witcher 3 to Cyperpunk.

Now the pressure is on for 343i to show something substantially improved the next time.  The delay just extends their crunch.  We'll see a significantly better game all said and done, but the work won't get easier.

3 hours ago, legend said:

I dunno if you had a personal chef and the first dish gave you diarrhea and the second dish sent you to the hospital wouldn't you tell your chef that "after 5 years if you haven't gotten your recipe right yet, you're out"?