The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

On 5/25/2024 at 3:45 PM, SoberChef said:

DoN 2024 is gonna be a low key banger I'm feeling. 

Epic PPV, but they seriously need to cap these at 3-3.5 hours because wtf. That Anarchy in the Arena match opening with the theme songs, though: “cut the music! This song costs us like $200k every time it’s played … we’re on a budget for god’s sake.” :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-8901.jpg

:daydream:

If Eddie Kingston hadn't come out 2 years prior with a gas can ready to set Danielson on fire, would we even have gotten this? Fuck I'm gonna miss that dude while he's out, isn't even going under the knife for his knee until like July. Here's hoping Ceasar Bonani continues to work with & train him up post-op! 

4 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

If Eddie Kingston hadn't come out 2 years prior with a gas can ready to set Danielson on fire, would we even have gotten this? 

Yes, because Kane v Undertaker inferno match

On Fire GIF

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, elbobo said:

Going to combined dynamite and collision taping in Buffalo tomorrow 

STOKED for you. You see those Brodie Reebok's they're releasing, look nice (if I was into that brand). Should be one hell of a show, hope that Danny Garcia gets ALL the love. Add to it, they're the go home shows for Forbidden Door this Sunday, you're in for one hell of a treat. Typically the shows that his either ROC or Buffalo would land almost immediately AFTER a PPV, so this is thrilling. Wish I could be there man!

Had a great time last night, we got to go backstage for a fairly lengthy tour.

Satnam Singh is an impossibly huge human being, it was like I was a toddler shaking hands with an adult.

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahead of the Owen Hart Cup finals Wednesday night between a returning & enraged Hangman Adam Page & The Billy GOAT himself, Bryan Danielson (nearly wrapping up his full time career later this year), the winner will go on to face Swerve Strickland at AEW ALL IN London August 25th. I present to you the trilogy of matches these two phenomenal talents have had ahead of this potentially final match:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 2:54 PM, Spork3245 said:

I’m less than 2 minutes in and this may be the greatest interview of all time.

@stepeeI know you don’t watch wrestling, but you were just in London so please watch the first 90-ish seconds (the interviewers are Londoners)

Oh god, I'm about to post sad wrestling news and stepee was the last person tagged in this FFFUUU

• Hugs 3

Watched Survivor Series '96 for the Sid/HBK main event, but I ended up watching the whole freaking thing. Broke my heart to see SO many on that card that just aren't with us anymore, or are incarcerated for a VERY long time. Hurt to watch honestly, but in a way also, I feel like I did it because I saw @stepeehaving replied just a few posts earlier. Hopefully he's watching a wicked awesome match in person somewhere in that great beyond.

@Spork3245

@elbobo

@SaysWho?

So what shows do you watch weekly?

I always tune into Dynamite and Collision, if I'm bored ill watch Rampage on DVR (If I hear there's a match/story worth seeing which is rare unfortunately.)

As for ROH & TNA, just keep my finger on the pulse. 

For all things WWE, there's YouTube, Twitter, and I also enjoy Simon Miller's Ups & Downs. I'll typically tune into all of their PLEs as I have Peacock currently.

8 hours ago, SoberChef said:

@Spork3245

@elbobo

@SaysWho?

I always tune into Dynamite and Collision, if I'm bored ill watch Rampage on DVR (If I hear there's a match/story worth seeing which is rare unfortunately.)

For all things WWE, there's YouTube, Twitter, and I also enjoy Simon Miller's Ups & Downs. I'll typically tune into all of their PLEs as I have Peacock currently.

Dynamite, Raw, Smackdown. I always watch via DVR and typically fast forward a lot, typically through the filler no-stake matches. I skip collision a lot as I feel like it’s rare anything big happens on it lately. AEW has, on average, way better quality matches most of the time IMO, but WWE has the production values and somehow gets you to care about the dumbest storylines (Punk and Drew are currently feuding over a… *checks notes* friendship bracelet, yet it’s great. If AEW had this story it’d be shit on all over by everyone :p )

• True 1

8 hours ago, SoberChef said:

@Spork3245

@elbobo

@SaysWho?

Just dynamite for me. I've been checked out of wwe for a long time 

• Hugs 1

JESUS CHRIST HANGMAN

The cage match Saturday is going to beyond a bloodbath, their last hardcore match was already at the top of the list for most gruesome match put on by a major fed in years and now they've upped the hatred 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

JESUS CHRIST HANGMAN

The cage match Saturday is going to beyond a bloodbath, their last hardcore match was already at the top of the list for most gruesome match put on by a major fed in years and now they've upped the hatred 

Like I thought Darby was gonna set Jack on fire a few weeks ago. After tonight ... "2 Men Enter, 1 Man Leaves"!

only match that I thought didn't go great was Monie/Shida the ending was weird to point where I think they weren't on the same page with Shida just doing her finisher 3 times in a row. 

The rest of the card was good to holy shit, Osprey/Pac was the best wrestling match I've seen a long time. Hangman/Swerve was everything we thought and feared it would be, those guys are fucking psychos 

• stepee 1

On 9/8/2024 at 11:13 AM, elbobo said:

only match that I thought didn't go great was Monie/Shida the ending was weird to point where I think they weren't on the same page with Shida just doing her finisher 3 times in a row. 

The rest of the card was good to holy shit, Osprey/Pac was the best wrestling match I've seen a long time. Hangman/Swerve was everything we thought and feared it would be, those guys are fucking psychos 

That is at least the 3rd MotY I have seen Will put out since Revolution. As for having Pac as his opponent, damn I love watching this guy as well. Truly phenomenal performances by both men. The Willow/Kris match was a banger as well and with every passing month, something about Willow I find myself just totally digging the fuck outta her! That Danielson/BCC fallout was NOT on my bingo card ... I wonder if it's Claudio and NOT MOX who goes over Bryan? As for the lights out steelcage ... JFC guys stop killing one another!

17 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Syringe in the cheek was brutal. Unprotected chair shots to the head are fucking idiotic, though. 

Dude, they had an actual CINDERBLOCK that he did a back drop on to. That alone looked rough AF! The syringe spot was no different than getting novacaine or a cheek piercing, it's just that nobody has ever pulled a freaking syringe out in a wrestling match (that I can think of/remember) so that's why it was so shocking. As for that fully unprotected chair shot, look that's between the talents involved & the booker/producers approving it happening all while ensuring their damnedest to make it as safe as possible. I understand CTE & all that, but at this point & as long as I have been watching, it's not on me as a fan to press judgement against these athletes for doing what they feel is right & achievable in ring. 

To be fair, at least to some (looking at you squeamish peeps & children), that plastic bag choke spot was NUTS! 

3 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Dude, they had an actual CINDERBLOCK that he did a back drop on to. That alone looked rough AF! The syringe spot was no different than getting novacaine or a cheek piercing, it's just that nobody has ever pulled a freaking syringe out in a wrestling match (that I can think of/remember) so that's why it was so shocking. As for that fully unprotected chair shot, look that's between the talents involved & the booker/producers approving it happening all while ensuring their damnedest to make it as safe as possible. I understand CTE & all that, but at this point & as long as I have been watching, it's not on me as a fan to press judgement against these athletes for doing what they feel is right & achievable in ring. 

To be fair, at least to some (looking at you squeamish peeps & children), that plastic bag choke spot was NUTS! 

I really don’t give two shits what the bookers or talent want simply to “shock the crowd” or look cool/brutal. With what we know now of CTE there’s zero reason to do unprotected chair shots to the head, and it absolutely is 100% on the fans to pass judgement so they stop fucking doing it. There is zero reason to do a spot like that. I have no issue with setting people on fire in wrestling, dropping cinder blocks on their bodies, through flaming tables, pizza cutters, whatever: “what’s the difference?” those aren’t slowly turning the performer’s brain to mush like Benoit.

On 9/10/2024 at 4:57 AM, Spork3245 said:

Nothing is more brutal than a lego match, fwiw: 

IMGUR.COM

Discover topics like wrestling, legs, lego, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs...

reminds me of the video I saw of two guys playing barefoot soccer on blacktop covered in legos and using a bowling ball instead of a soccer ball. talk about pain!