Yes more MCU Spider-Man

Based on further research from GLAAD, I will refrain from using the term "homosexual" in favor of "gay" and "lesbian".  I genuinely appreciate being educated on the matter!

However, I make no apologies for the words I used against dvd.  My real-life actions speak far louder than my words on a message board, but if my words against one particularly reprehensible user -- one who did not hesitate to horribly denigrate Arabs/Muslims and other marginalized groups, including gays/lesbians/trans at every opportunity -- label me as an "anti Semite", then so be it.  I just don't give enough of a damn to make the effort to attempt to change anyone's mind.

Once he called another Jewish user a "kapo" -- a vile term literally soaked with the blood and covered with the ashes of the victims of the Shoah -- that was my breaking point with him and wanted to let him know it in an equally vile way.  And I will never have any regrets about that.

Right, I think that about covers everything.  Are we done here now?  I have important low user traffic message board power trip matters to attend to!

Edit: upon further reflection while walking Inuk, I'll say to @Jason that perhaps I should have chosen my words somewhat more carefully in expressing my revulsion of that repugnant little Stephen Miller acolyte as it was obviously not the best judgment on my part.  However, this should not be implied to construe an "apology" or a "regret" in any way, shape, or form because that would be highly disingenuous of me when I feel no "remorse" for my actions and this "reflection" is directed only towards Jason and him alone.

9 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

It’s okay. You’ve always been one of my favorite users on here. I may not agree with every viewpoint you have, but I respect it because I recognize it comes from a good place.

I’m going through a tough time. My ex husband dumped me back in October. I tried to live on my own but then I had a mental breakdown as I ran out of money. I was suiciadal. I had no other choice but to move in with my homophobic family in my conservative hometown. I already struggle so much with self esteem and loving myself - living with my family make it tougher in that regard. It’s awakened a lot of old trauma. I’ve had to learn to be stronger than I ever have but some days I feel so weak. Starting over from scratch at 31 is hard, especially with my mental illnesses. I’m really trying though, and very recently I’ve started to live a sober life as I’ve come to the realization that weed and alcohol won’t solve my pain.

I recognize that I’m not communicating my ideas in the healthiest manner. I know that I’m acting out in anger on this board because I’ve bottled up so much anger towards my family and the current political climate that it comes across in the one medium where I’m not afraid to express myself fully - the internet.  I swear that I’m actually a very nice and compassionate person in real life. I just too sensitive of a soul.

I have a lot of work to do on myself. I currently work with kids and allowing myself to focus on helping others has been a big part of the healing process. There’s a long ways to go but I’m trying my best given my situation.

It's never been my intention to offend you, especially with one of my best friends being gay who has helped educate me on plenty of things in the past 10 years, and I'm sorry if I've caused any pain.

I need to take you for a drink.

EDIT: To other users lurking, I know this thread is no longer about MCU Spidey, but I'm pretty sure this stuff being out there probably needs to happen. Just let it be for now.

9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

It's never been my intention to offend you, especially with one of my best friends being gay who has helped educate me on plenty of things in the past 10 years, and I'm sorry if I've caused any pain.

I need to take you for a drink.

EDIT: To other users lurking, I know this thread is no longer about MCU Spidey, but I'm pretty sure this stuff being out there probably needs to happen. Just let it be for now.

You are good. I appreciate you sticking me up for me on the other page. And I’m totally down to hang sometime.

The posts I made last night were made in a fit of emotion. I now have a better clarity about the situation and wish I would have handled certain things differently.

• 3 weeks later...

So now that I've actually seen Far From Home, it's still lame if this is Tom Holland's last MCU outing, but now I can say it at least actually kinda makes sense thematically if this is Peter Parker's exit from the MCU. The movie was definitely building up Peter being Tony's successor and Peter accepting it, but the way it did it, it's actually not totally crazy for the movie to conclude on Peter wanting out of anything more than being a friendly neighborhood Spider-man. 

I guess Feige knew this was possibly coming?

The post credits scene is definitely a real dangling thread but the name reveal would actually make it even more realistic for Peter to want all the way out. 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

me having a history of being "casually homophobic " is news to me

“Casual”? More like overwhelming and blatant. You’re nearly Republican. 

J/k. Me, I’m a straight, cis, white male in my late 30s. I’m so privileged it is easy for me to be accidentally tone-deaf. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

For one more film at least... I was coming to post this. Hopefully Sony will figure out that Spidey in the MCU is better than Spidey outside of it. Sony's plans for a Spidey-centric  super hero universe don't inspire a lot of confidence. Movies for D-listers like Morbius and Madam Webb just don't pique my interest. I'd rather see live action films for characters like Silk and Ezekial than secondary and tertiary characters who were more supporting characters than anything else.

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

For one more film at least... I was coming to post this. Hopefully Sony will figure out that Spidey in the MCU is better than Spidey outside of it. Sony's plans for a Spidey-centric  super hero universe don't inspire a lot of confidence. Movies for D-listers like Morbius and Madam Webb just don't pique my interest. I'd rather see live action films for characters like Silk and Ezekial than secondary and tertiary characters who were more supporting characters than anything else.

As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

You missed this part.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

You missed this part.

No I didn't miss that part, I just understood it to be that the one film will be the Next Spidey film. Not another solo Spidey film AND another unannounced Marvel movie. Every article I've read says the deal is for one more film with Spidey appearing in the MCU which would be the third film. I could be wrong and hope I am and it could change (Which I think it will) but I believe as of now, this deal is for one more movie. Not two.

EDIT: I appear to be wrong...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/27/sony-marvel-studios-mcu-kevin-feige-spider-man-3-homecoming-disney-tom-holland

Marvel Studios and President Kevin Feige will produce the film starring Tom Holland, which has a release date of July 16, 2021. Spider-Man will also have an appearance in a future MCU film, as arranged with the partnership. Amy Pascal – producer on the previous two Spider-Man films in the series – will be producing the third one as well through Pascal Pictures.

So I DID indeed miss that part :p I humbly stand corrected :cheers:

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn straight... he was against leaving the MCU from the start and wasn't shy about it... until he got a call from Sony's lawyers:lol:

Do we know he got called by Sony's lawyers or are you just making an educated guess?

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh I'm bullshitting mostly... he was very vocal about it but then clammed up and got reluctantly got onboard. Seemed like someone had a conversation with him and his agents :lol:

Either somebody at Sony or his agent told him to STFU about it or Sony will recast Spider-Man again, and he won’t even get to be in shitty Spider-Man movies. 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Either somebody at Sony or his agent told him to STFU about it or Sony will recast Spider-Man again, and he won’t even get to be in shitty Spider-Man movies. 

Or they reminded him of some clause in his contract that forbade him from speaking ill of Sony or the franchise... take your pick. I'm certain SOMEBODY had a gentle "conversation" with him.

I’m just guessing here, but I think the key component here was Marvel Studios wanting MCU Spiderman to stay out of the Sony Spidey universe that Venom kicked off and I’m assuming they were able to accomplish that with this deal.