The 'Cats' Movie Looks Nuts. Just Absolutely Bonkers, update - the movie is literally getting a "Day One Patch"

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

This whole butt hole cut thing makes me think of something; who the hell would think making sure the butt holes are visible is a good idea? Was it someone that figured since butt holes are visible on actual cats then the movie should be anatomically correct?

It reminds me of a guy I knew in college, and we were making a short film for final year. He had been asked by the writer/director if he could do the VFX and design the monster creature that would be featured in the film. The creature would look like a rapid, sick, wolf-like thing. One day he's showing me his progress on the creature, and there's a long bulge between the hind legs; he gave the creature a penis. I ask him why he gave it a penis, and he said because it's anatomically correct that it would have a penis, to which I reply, but WHY does it have a penis? It's not necessary to have a penis, you don't actually need it to be visible, no one is going to care that it's not there, so why did you give it a penis? He says the director asked him to. I found that odd, and a little while later ask said director about it, and he says, what the fuck, no he didn't ask it to have a penis, tell him to take it out right now. So this guy not only thought he was doing a good job with his creature design, and being detailed, he flat out blatantly lied to me.

Forgetting the fact that I don't think it was ever decided whether the creature would be male or female, why did he honestly think it needed to have a penis, and that it was a good idea? I mean how many creatures, or just CGI animals in general, in movies show the genitalia? Do you see King Kong's dong flapping about while he walks around? Do you see the wolves in The Grey sporting a red rocket? Do you see where Godzilla's cloaca is located? Perhaps whichever VFX artist is responsible for the butt holes had a similar mindset as this guy, and thought that it would be a good attention to detail or some shit. 

:rofl:

I'm totally losing it imaging that conversation!

12 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

:rofl:

I'm totally losing it imaging that conversation!

You should have seen the final result. He was pretty good at VFX for a student, but whatever happened here did not show it. The animation was rigid, not composited correctly, and the only way I can accurately describe it would be shit on a stick. 

• 2 months later...

Technically, it’s gone to shit ever since the Cubs won the World Series. 

As far as Cats goes... as bad as you might think it is... you really can’t fathom just how much worse it actually is. Nothing can prepare you for how bad it is. From the very first shot. If the Razzies had an all-time awards show, this movie would run away with the awards. 

43 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Technically, it’s gone to shit ever since the Cubs won the World Series. 

As far as Cats goes... as bad as you might think it is... you really can’t fathom just how much worse it actually is. Nothing can prepare you for how bad it is. From the very first shot. If the Razzies had an all-time awards show, this movie would run away with the awards. 

I'm on board with the Cubs winning the series as being the catalyst that broke the universe. 

But Cats was an inflection point. 

• Haha 1

I tried to watch this a couple months ago. I had the dvd from Redbox and a couple bottles of wine lined up. I popped it in, and about 5 minutes after hitting Play, my entire apartment building lost power. 

Now, I don't really believe in God, but I took this a Sign. Someone or something out there was trying to save me from Cats, and I listened. That dvd went back to Redbox unwatched. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I tried to watch this a couple months ago. I had the dvd from Redbox and a couple bottles of wine lined up. I popped it in, and about 5 minutes after hitting Play, my entire apartment building lost power. 

Now, I don't really believe in God, but I took this a Sign. Someone or something out there was trying to save me from Cats, and I listened. That dvd went back to Redbox unwatched. 

someone was looking out for you on that. I got myself kind of high (along with my cousin and her husband) threw on my projector and we made it all the way to 22min 19sec. Not even weed could save it, but I didn’t have any of the psychedelic strains on hand (which I will soon) Still don’t think they would help