The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Solution is to just carry a gun and kill people then claim they threatened you. 

A dude literally shot a gun by him while another  attacked the kid. He didn’t feel threatened, he was actually chased by a group of grown men and then attacked. 

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

When you go looking for conflict you don't get to whine when you find it.

Was the protestor who fired the first shot looking for conflict? 

Just now, MarSolo said:

Boy it’s a good thing fireworks didn’t go off or this kid might have shot more people!

A person chasing him discharged a firearm while another adult man physically attacked him.

You guys 😂

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

So your defense of a murderer is that someone near by spooked him? lol.  I'm so done with your derpiness.

He shot the person who was physically attacking him, not the guy who shot the gun. That is flatly not murder.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

If you carry a gun you can just murder people cause you got scared, DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

He wasn’t scared, he was assaulted after being chased by a group of people verbally threatening him.

For anybody who is interested in what actually happened, amongst others the NYT posted an article breaking down the series of events that happened. If you’d prefer to stick to your false preconceived notions, go about your day.

I despise the kid and everything he represents. He should have never been there, never had a gun. It's why I don't support carrying in public. Bringing a gun changes the dynamics. It turns nonlethal situations into lethal.

But given what we currently know, I couldn't vote to convict him on premeditated murder. Unless prosecutors have more information we aren't privy to, I don't know what they're thinking with those charges.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I despise the kid and everything he represents. He should have never been there, never had a gun. It's why I don't support carrying in public. Bringing a gun changes the dynamics. It turns nonlethal situations into lethal.

But given what we currently know, I couldn't vote to convict him on premeditated murder. Unless prosecutors have more information we aren't privy to, I don't know what they're thinking with those charges.

Premditated murder, no. Whatever the hell else? Sure. Edit: Wait they charged him with premeditated murder? Unless they know more than we do this is a classic case of overcharging to get him to settle for something lesser, but still serious. It's an EXTREMELY common Prosecutorial tactic. They do that shit like 95% of the time.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Premditated murder, no. Whatever the hell else? Sure. 

Maybe an illegal gun charge or something. I know he wasn't legal to possess in his home state. I don't know how it works otherwise.

But I don't see how you're going to get him for murder for shooting someone while being physically attacked.

He should be brought up on and convicted of the gun charge.

There is no basis for any charge on the first person he killed, it’s a very straight forward self defense case.

There is more gray on the second shooting scene, but it seems incredibly difficult to get a conviction given that he was on his back being kicked and having a skateboard swung at him when his fired there.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe an illegal gun charge or something. I know he wasn't legal to possess in his home state. I don't know how it works otherwise.

But I don't see how you're going to get him for murder for shooting someone while being physically attacked.

You can get him with manslaughter.... prosecutors can get VERY creative when they want to. They arrested that one woman who was a victim of domestic abuse for attempted murder for firing a warning shot at her abuser into a fucking WALL. Different state, if they really want to nail this kid they will. 

Bottom line is that kid went there looking for trouble, found it and two people are dead. PERIOD. Anything else is a distraction and is an excuse to absolve this fucked up country's racist gun culture

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

You can get him with manslaughter.... prosecutors can get VERY creative when they want to. They arrested that one woman who was a victim of domestic abuse for attempted murder for firing a warning shiot at her abuser into a fucking WALL. Different state, if they really want to nail this kid they will.

Wisconsin didn’t have manslaughter charges.

You can get him with manslaughter.... prosecutors can get VERY creative when they want to. They arrested that one woman who was a victim of domestic abuse for attempted murder for firing a warning shiot at her abuser into a fucking WALL. Different state, if they really want to nail this kid they will.

If he was being physically attacked, then no.

I don't get the actual people who think it's a good idea to attack someone with a gun.

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Crossed state lines with a loaded weapon to be a vigilante, seems pretty easy on the intent side.

Even beyond that. Anyone want to bet a hot headed kid is above throwing racial slurs to provoke something? I'm not taking that bet. There's too much we can't know

A lot of other idiots showed up to the event with guns, too. They didn't shoot anyone. I'm sure they would have if they'd been attacked. You can't claim to be threatened just because someone nearby is legally(as far as you know) carrying a weapon.

I'm open to the possibility more information will come out changing the narrative. I think the kid is a piece of shit, a stupid entitled moron, privileged by the color of his skin. I just don't see the evidence for a premeditated murder conviction at this point. No jury is going to convict when they've seen that video.

Logic dictates that if you show up to an emotionally charged event walking around with a weapon, people WILL feel threatened and act accordingly in this climate. I couldn't care less who thinks I'm "right" or not in this "debate". Think what you want to think.

So the person who fired the first shot should be held to the same standard, correct?

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even beyond that. Anyone want to bet a hot headed kid is above throwing racial slurs to provoke something? I'm not taking that bet. There's too much we can't know

See, you are reading your biases into what happened already. The boy had actually been walking around helping to treat protestors for injuries as he had EMT training and brought a medical kit. No evidence he was a “hot head”.

And the people who were chasing him and attacked him after he got separated from his group were all white.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I never said anything to the contrary... play your little semantic games with the other dudes and leave me out of it. I'm not doing that today.

That isn’t a semantic game. If anything it’s a logic game :p (now THAT was a semantic game)

My question is when you have two people doing the same thing, bringing guns to emotionally charged situations, do you treat those things the same? If not, how are they different in your mind.

I really don’t understand why you guys hate explaining your thought process so much. What is the point of a discussion board if we don’t actually discuss what we think?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That isn’t a semantic game. If anything it’s a logic game :p (now THAT was a semantic game)

My question is when you have two people doing the same thing, bringing guns to emotionally charged situations, do you treat those things the same? If not, how are they different in your mind.

I really don’t understand why you guys hate explaining your thought process so much. What is the point of a discussion board if we don’t actually discuss what we think?

I have not made a distinction between the two so who is "you guys"? I said when you show up looking for trouble don't be surprised if you find it. Again, you're barking up the wrong tree. Please stop lumping me in with your playmates. 

And I don't have a problem explaining my thought processes when I feel like doing so. I DO have a problem having debates/discussions with attention seeking trolls who by their own admission like to stir the pot because they are bored or whatever. THAT'S what I try not to engage in... sometimes I'm successful in not taking the bait and sometimes I'm not and that's on me. Carry on but please don't miscontrue what I'm actually saying.