Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You’re dead to me

Why? I'm stating facts? I'm not a biased gamer and just enjoy great games. Cyberpunk is a better game than Starfield and I'm sure many on her can vouch for that. I'm not trying to hate on Starfield and I do like it, but Cyberpunk is almost a generational leap in all categories. Don't be upset with me for stating the truth. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Why? I'm stating facts? I'm not a biased gamer and just enjoy great games. Cyberpunk is a better game than Starfield and I'm sure many on her can vouch for that. I'm not trying to hate on Starfield and I do like it, but Cyberpunk is almost a generational leap in all categories. Don't be upset with me for stating the truth. 

I’m joking. You need more sleep. Go back to work. 

Just now, stepee said:

no I just like puns, I fucking love this game 

Oh lol. Yea, on your rig you must have an orgasm every time you boot it up. Was my early post inaccurate? I truly posted my actual none biased views on this game and tried not to compare it to much to Starfield but it's difficult since that just released. 

@Biggie gets things in his head and refuses to try different things out sometimes. I feel he is missing out on an exceptional videogame here with the release of 2.0 and the dlc liberty. Starfield is good but definitely not better than Cyberpunk. That's a fact, not an opinion.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Oh lol. Yea, on your rig you must have an orgasm every time you boot it up. Was my early post inaccurate? I truly posted my actual none biased views on this game and tried not to compare it to much to Starfield but it's difficult since that just released. 

@Biggie gets things in his head and refuses to try different things out sometimes. I feel he is missing out on an exceptional videogame here with the release of 2.0 and the dlc liberty. Starfield is good but definitely not better than Cyberpunk. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Wot Wheel Of Time GIF by Dragonmount GIFS

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Idk I haven’t played enough Starfield to compare but yeah the improvements you mentioned are right and it’s a great game. He’s just on a new system honeymoon and just got gamepass so it’s like getting 500 new games so give him time. I think he’d probably like it though now. Maybe xbox version goes on sale for $5 again soon (it is a little higher res on xbox)

I see. @Biggie hates me and doesn't care about my opinions. Keep playing Starfield with its robotic rubber made NPC'S walking into walls and not even acknowledging you when you speak to them.

Then walk out an office door and wait 15 seconds of loading to move on to another loading screen to advance 10 feet. Then pick up a shiny new object that weighs you down into encumbrance which then causes you to lose oxygen while walking.

Then hop into a ship for shitty combat and then again load to another star system. Then speak to the rubber dolls they consider NPC'S where they don't even look at you to see if they want to trade with you with no meaningful dialogue. Then go out to the Battlefield and run out of ammo 15 shots in. :thumbup:

Then roam around the gaming world with no map lol. 

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I see. @Biggie hates me and doesn't care about my opinions. Keep playing Starfield with its robotic rubber made NPC'S walking into walls and not even acknowledging you when you speak to them.

Then walk out an office door and wait 15 seconds of loading to move on to another loading screen to advance 10 feet. Then pick up a shiny new object that weighs you down into encumbrance which then causes you to lose oxygen while walking.

Then hop into a ship for shitty combat and then again load to another star system. Then speak to the rubber dolls they consider NPC'S where they don't even look at you to see if they want to trade with you with no meaningful dialogue. Then go out to the Battlefield and run out of ammo 15 shots in. :thumbup:

Then roam around the gaming world with no map lol. 

I don’t even know who you are anymore 

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Idk I haven’t played enough Starfield to compare but yeah the improvements you mentioned are right and it’s a great game. He’s just on a new system honeymoon and just got gamepass so it’s like getting 500 new games so give him time. I think he’d probably like it though now. Maybe xbox version goes on sale for $5 again soon (it is a little higher res on xbox)

Why isn’t it on GamePass? Every other game seems like it is. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why isn’t it on GamePass? Every other game seems like it is. 

Honestly I’m not sure why MS didn’t try to grab gamepass for phantom liberty. It seems like it would have been a good win. The only thing I can think is they didn’t feel it was needed with Starfield and Lies of P in september already being two pretty big releases. It literally has been on sale for $5 though, I bet a disc copy is dirt cheap.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Honestly I’m not sure why MS didn’t try to grab gamepass for phantom liberty. It seems like it would have been a good win. The only thing I can think is they didn’t feel it was needed with Starfield and Lies of P in september already being two pretty big releases. It literally has been on sale for $5 though, I bet a disc copy is dirt cheap.

Just checked. It’s $34.99 on the store. And I don’t buy discs anymore. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I’ll wait on the dlc @best3444  Money is tight and it’ll take me forever to play through it to begin with. As long as I get the new 2.0 update I’m happy!

The 2.0 dlc occurs in chapter 2 so I'm not sure how that will be handled. But it's awesome you are getting the very best version of Cyberpunk! I'm thinking they will give you an option to skip the dlc section and just move on in the game.

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ll wait on the dlc @best3444  Money is tight and it’ll take me forever to play through it to begin with. As long as I get the new 2.0 update I’m happy!

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The 2.0 dlc occurs in chapter 2 so I'm not sure how that will be handled. But it's awesome you are getting the very best version of Cyberpunk! I'm thinking they will give you an option to skip the dlc section and just move on in the game.

@stepee do I have to purchase the dlc right now?

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@stepee do I have to purchase the dlc right now?

No you can purchase it later and enjoy all the system upgrades in 2.0 through the main story/side quests.

If you get  the DLC later, you'll get a text or phone call or something to alert you to the DLC missions, once you boot up your save after installation.

• Thanks 1

@Biggie Yes, turn film grain off but I personally like motion blur because I dig the effect.

Warning, the game starts out a bit slow and linear but then absolutely opens up like a GTA game where you can do and go wherever you want (driving vehicles, stealing them etc). There are guns and fire fights which are all done fantastically. 

I'm 12 hours in already and it's now extremely open and fun as hell. The characters and story are really well done and I can't get enough of the visuals and virtually no loading at all. It's such an interesting and fun game. 

This is a fuckin solid 9/10 game and I'm happy I took a break from Starfield for this. It's remarkable. Definitely give it a few hours and you will be hooked. 

Oh, and they revamped the UI with menu structure and inventory that makes it so much easier to comprehend. At launch when I played it it was a disaster. 

@best3444 created my character and played about an hour last night. I’ll dig into it tonight more. So far it looks fantastic on the Series X. It’s certainly more focused and story driven than Starfield but both games are very special in their own ways. I went with Nomad this time. I think at launch I picked Corpo. I like Nomad better I think. Anyway I’m gonna give it a fair shot. 

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1