Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

still crazy how this game has a blood worshipping incestuous pedo who also happens to be gay all in one character 

I think I missed some of that, honestly it’s hard for me to pay much attention to the story since it seems like a bunch of nonsense bordering on parody most of the time.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think I missed some of that, honestly it’s hard for me to pay much attention to the story since it seems like a bunch of nonsense bordering on parody most of the time.

lil lore dump

Spoiler
Spoiler

miquella and mohg are half brothers and miquella "cursed" with eternal youth

Mohg is a son born from Godfrey and Marika and Radagon + Marika popped out miquella and his sister 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

lil lore dump

Spoiler
  Hide contents

miquella and mohg are half brothers and miquella "cursed" with eternal youth

Mohg is a son born from Godfrey and Marika and Radagon + Marika = miquella and his sister 

lol what the fuck

hah nice timing right after i beat

Godskin Duo in spirit cave

I get to the

Godskin Duo at Azula

. I think I heard people complaining about this one, didn’t realize it was the same two. It actually was less frustrating than the other one because I had one extra partner since it let me summon

dude from volcano manor

so I had him and my mimic and it didn’t have an annoying part before the fight.

Please put spoilers but whats the deal with 

Spoiler

Volcano Manor. Whats the point of it other than killing the enemy the old lady tells you to in Limegrave? That area In the the northwest i just opened has nothing to explore from what I see. Am I missing something?

I pick up the game over a week later and continue to open new areas. 

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Please put spoilers but whats the deal with 

Hide contents

Volcano Manor. Whats the point of it other than killing the enemy the old lady tells you to in Limegrave? That area In the the northwest i just opened has nothing to explore from what I see. Am I missing something?

I pick up the game over a week later and continue to open new areas. 

Spoiler

There are 3 targets to kill starting with the one in limgrave. After you kill all 3 targets you can be taken directly to the boss of Volcano Manor. Or you can just go through the illusionary wall located in the manor which will take you to the dungeon proper. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:
Spoiler
  Hide contents

There are 3 targets to kill starting with the one in limgrave. After you kill all 3 targets you can be taken directly to the boss of Volcano Manor. Or you can just go through the illusionary wall located in the manor which will take you to the dungeon proper. 

Spoiler

I'll try the invisible wall tomorrow. Where's it located?

Just now, best3444 said:

Reveal hidden contents

First room on the right at the start of that long hallway. Back right-hand corner of that room. Just roll into it as you can't attack in that zone. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

First room on the right at the start of that long hallway. Back right-hand corner of that room. Just roll into it as you can't attack in that zone. 

Is that objective all that covers Volcano manor and the outside area? There isn't much to it and it actually reconnects to another region I've been too. There is no place to go unless

Spoiler

Beating the boss accesses more area to discover?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Is that objective all that covers Volcano manor and the outside area? There isn't much to it and it actually reconnects to another region I've been too. There is no place to go unless

Hide contents

Beating the boss accesses more area to discover?

I don't know that you mean here. There is just a lava dungeon in that zone where he boss can be accessed. The dungeon can only be accessed thru that wall or via an enemy in the Academy. 

36 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't know that you mean here. There is just a lava dungeon in that zone where he boss can be accessed. The dungeon can only be accessed thru that wall or via an enemy in the Academy. 

So the northwest is pretty barren? Seems like a good amount of space wasted.

I guess Im now the Elden Lord or whatever?  No idea what the ending was about or if it was a good ending or a bad ending lol.

I did Ranni’s ending

Hell of a game. I however do not want to invest that much time in a single game for a long time my goodness. I’m down for the expansion that I’m sure is coming though, assuming it’s at most half this long!

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I guess Im now the Elden Lord or whatever?  No idea what the ending was about or if it was a good ending or a bad ending lol.

Reveal hidden contents

Hell of a game. I however do not want to invest that much time in a single game for a long time my goodness. I’m down for the expansion that I’m sure is coming though, assuming it’s at most half this long!

What was your total playtime?

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

What was your total playtime?

152 hours! I think I explored it quite thoroughly and I barely looked anything up, only a handful of times when something was confusing. I beat every optional boss I found, did every dungeon I came across etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn so i guess I have at least 52 more hours to go.

It’s a hard game to just try to play the main story, you take a wrong turn and you stumble upon like 10 hours of content. Usually you can tell when you aren’t doing the main path because it feels lesser but there is so much substantive optional content here.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s a hard game to just try to play the main story, you take a wrong turn and you stumble upon like 10 hours of content. Usually you can tell when you aren’t doing the main path because it feels lesser but there is so much substantive optional content here.

Yeah I get sidetracked all the time. Just went back to an earlier area and found a bunch of shit I missed. Game is crazy packed.

• True 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I get sidetracked all the time. Just went back to an earlier area and found a bunch of shit I missed. Game is crazy packed.

Every time I play this I chart a course. I say, "I want to go to X, Y, Z" and do it and then like 5 hours later I say, "I'll play 30 minutes and check this place out" and then it's like an hour and a half later. :p

• True 1

Speaking of charting a course and going to X Y Z (Remember I'm 91 hours in now)

I had met an NPC earlier

Spoiler

Latenna

and I was wondering how to progress this quest so I took the briefest of peeks and it said to go to a location in the lake. Well, this made sense because I kind of went through it a bit quickly earlier (for obvious reasons, those damn mages in the forest) and I thought I had explored a fair chunk of it but stumbled upon Patches for the second time and a Deathbird boss. I guess it's a night boss.

So yeah still discovering a lot in the "old" areas. :p

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

So the northwest is pretty barren? Seems like a good amount of space wasted.

There’s a decent amount of stuff to do around the Manor and Mt. Gelmir, but yeah, it isn’t as densely packed as some of the earlier areas. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I randomly decided to check on an NPC last night and realized I didn't pay attention to like one line of dialog properly. Ended up realizing it was a hint, tried it out discovered an entire new area...what the hell. The worst is that every single time I want to keep playing for hours because I just have to know what's there but this was like right around bed time. 

19 hours ago, Dimden said:

I have to say, Law of Regression is my favorite PvP spell.  Absolutely hilarious to summon duelers, see them spend 2 minutes buffing up so they can one shot you with Rivers of Blood and then you just erase all their buffs in a split second. They disconnect almost every single time 

Is Rivers of Blood better than the Moonveil? I just recently went all in on my Moonveil using pretty much all of my sombering stones.

13 hours ago, stepee said:

152 hours! I think I explored it quite thoroughly and I barely looked anything up, only a handful of times when something was confusing. I beat every optional boss I found, did every dungeon I came across etc.

Great shit dude, I'm proud of you! I know these games are not your favorite because of the difficulty but you did amazing. 

I'm level 90 with 70 hours in and I'm litteraly going to boot up Horizon Forbidden West right now. I'll beat that fully then come back to Elden. I need a break.

Also, thanks @Bacon for assisting me in 

Spoiler

Volcano Manor.

It opened things up for me. 

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Great shit dude, I'm proud of you! I know these games are not your favorite because of the difficulty but you did amazing. 

I'm level 90 with 70 hours in and I'm litteraly going to boot up Horizon Forbidden West right now. I'll beat that fully then come back to Elden. I need a break.

Also, thanks @Bacon for assisting me in 

Reveal hidden contents

It opened things up for me. 

Yeah man, it was quite the journey. I don’t think I could play a game like this, the commitment required, while working, so my goal was to beat it in time for going back full time on Monday, goal achieved! I knew the only way I’d beat it would be by sinking massive amounts of time in it and really digging in. I did have my switch gaming at night to break it up a bit though.

I was going to try to beat it regardless just to see if I could but I did end up really falling in love with the game and probably ranks somewhere in my top 10. It is quite an achievement in the medium. 

Honestly most of the game I wasn’t bothered much most of the time difficulty wise. The beginning was rough and slow starting for me and then it spiked up again as I made it through the end but for a majority of the time I’d say it was mostly just enjoyable exploration and kicking ass. I would definitely appreciate an easy mode (they really could totally just do this) with a sequel but I won’t require one now. 

One thing this game made me realized is with difficulty it’s really my general anxiety I have that makes it hard for me to play those moments they become very uncomfortable to me, like on a physical level. Kind of further made me think of difficulty as an accessibility barrier, i really do wish they’d offer a bit more for that and not just coop which made me anxious in its own special way.

One weird thing for me is how the optional bosses I could pretty much beat all of those by myself but the main story bosses are the ones I struggled with the most besides a few of them. I’d think it would make more sense the other way around.

• Like 1