Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Bloodloss should definitely proc, but sometimes it can be hard to notice. I think it builds up over consecutive hits. 

Its not for me. Im stuck on the Runebear boss and ive hit him a dozen times with it and nothing happens. 

So, since i got my third amulet slot, Ive been using a amulet that gives me +10 faith when im just exploring. So now I have some cheap cures for those times that you're fighting to get to the next grace point. I don't have a ton of FP, but its more than enough to refill my health from low twice. 

I change ut for bosses, because other amulets are a bit better for boss fights, but the seals are really light and easy to carry.

Did a bunch of exploring this afternoon and got some great loot. I then beat these bosses:

Tibia Mariner

Leonine Misbegotten

Ancient Hero of Zamora

Level 57 and still confused how to do certain things in this game. For instance, how do you make your sword have certain effects. Like fire etc....I'm still using my broadsword which I still can't level up because I can't seem to find smithing stones. 😔 

I feel like I make baby steps each time I play. I wish I was as knowledgeable as you guys are with this game.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did a bunch of exploring this afternoon and got some great loot. I then beat these bosses:

Tibia Mariner

Leonine Misbegotten

Ancient Hero of Zamora

Level 57 and still confused how to do certain things in this game. For instance, how do you make your sword have certain effects. Like fire etc....I'm still using my broadsword which I still can't level up because I can't seem to find smithing stones. 😔 

I feel like I make baby steps each time I play. I wish I was as knowledgeable as you guys are with this game.

You add stuff to your sword with grease. Are you buying cook books? You should be able to craft grease long ago. Some weapons have that stuff as a feature.

You can easily beat the academy. Most of it is easy. The second time I fought the final boss I didn't get hit a single time in the second phase. Probably the easiest boss in the game. She melted to my sword.

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You add stuff to your sword with grease. Are you buying cook books? You should be able to craft grease long ago. Some weapons have that stuff as a feature.

You can easily beat the academy. Most of it is easy. The second time I fought the final boss I didn't get hit a single time in the second phase. Probably the easiest boss in the game. She melted to my sword.

Yes, I got grease and cook books. I cannot for the life of me find RENNALA, QUEEN OF THE FULL MOON in the academy. I searched forever today. Frustrating. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Yes, I got grease and cook books. I cannot for the life of me find RENNALA, QUEEN OF THE FULL MOON in the academy. I searched forever today. Frustrating. 

After you beat red wolf, run outside, cross the little beams to the long path up the hill, and through the door to an npc fight. Then straight back up a lift to renalla.

Its hard to explain but really easy to get to. A video might help. I found it accidentally while exploring.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

After you beat red wolf, run outside, cross the little beams to the long path up the hill, and through the door to an npc fight. Then straight back to renalla.

Its hard to explain but really easy to get to.

Thanks for nothing lol. I'm going to binge on this this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Thanks for nothing lol. I'm going to binge on this this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

I mean, im giving you the best explanation i can. When you walk outside from the debate room you stay to the left edge till you see the beams you can cross. Thats the best explanation i can give. Thats why i said to check a video, im sure there are a hundred 

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, im giving you the best explanation i can. When you walk outside from the debate room you stay to the left edge till you see the beams you can cross. Thats the best explanation i can give. Thats why i said to check a video, im sure there are a hundred 

Yep. Just saw a video and I was missing the location every time. She will die tomorrow!

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I found my way down to the Sophria River through the well but everything there is making quick work of me. Probably because of said +1 sword.

Even with good weapons those guys are damn tanky. If you can single one out you can do like infinite backstabs on them though.

Ok most stats scale well to 80. For str that means 60. Most magic related seem to be 50. Health is 60, mind is 60, stanina is 50. You can fo beyond 50 for stamina as it still increases load and every 3-4 points is 1 stamina.

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Even with good weapons those guys are damn tanky. If you can single one out you can do like infinite backstabs on them though.

I got on the horse and just rode around in circles corraling them together like a sheepdog and basically then just did drive-bys with my sword until I wittled them down. Took a while though.

Skipped the Academy and went straight to Rahdan. I can't believe how shit some people are on that boss. People are literally calling it the Bed of Chaos 2.0. Those fuckers are just bad. You can solo that boss like any other. The ONLY bad aspect is how he is like 6 football fields away and it is just a boring chore to get close

I'm not sure why, but I almost never use any items in these games to aid in combat.  Never used a Grease, Bomb, ect.  I know it'd make some fights easier, but never bothered to.

Did the same for The Witcher 3 too, never messed with the potions or whatever crafting system that game had.

At least I'll have plenty when I run into some of the tougher mandatory bosses I'm sure are coming up.

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

I'm not sure why, but I almost never use any items in these games to aid in combat.  Never used a Grease, Bomb, ect.  I know it'd make some fights easier, but never bothered to.

Did the same for The Witcher 3 too, never messed with the potions or whatever crafting system that game had.

At least I'll have plenty when I run into some of the tougher mandatory bosses I'm sure are coming up.

While they help the problem you run into is that you will die so often while learning the boss fight you just end up wasting items. Plus alot of people tend to use unique weapons which can't have greases applied to them.

I have been trying to expand in ER. I find the dragon grease helps alot vs dragons. 

Also found a bad ass halberd. I am concerned it might get beat out by my old halberd though. Since the standard one has better scaling.

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm not sure why, but I almost never use any items in these games to aid in combat. 

Well, eventually your main form of damage will deal more than any item. But also, the reason I don't is because of how you use them. Why take the time scrolling through items when I can just hit them? It feels like more of hassle to use items than it is to just hit it. 

When you really get into enemy weaknesses and vulenrabities, that's when the different greases and potions and stuff are valuable. Like learning which enemies are resistant to slash damage so maybe I shouldnt use my katana on them but my morning start which may be weaker over all but is more effective against and enemies defense than my main weapon. Some times that little extra bit of damage can make the difference. I had a lot of fun playing around with different buffs and debuffs in RPGS like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Witcher especially on higher difficulty replays. 

I know that boss in the cave behind where you see the dragon in Limgrave is weak to fire and the first time I fought him I didn't use fire grease and I think died to him and I was doing damage but not like good damage. I put some fire grease on it and the guy was like 3 or 4 shots.