Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

On 6/27/2024 at 2:34 PM, TheLeon said:

I might need to go back to just beating motherfuckers with a huge club/hammer. This playthrough I’ve been all about dex weapons and dodging, which has been fun, but I’m ready to mix it up.

I wasn’t able to play for a few days, but last night I switched to a big fuckin’ hammer, and without a respec or changing my play style all that much, I was finally able to beat Rellana. 

• Hype 1

14 hours ago, Firewithin said:

Did some respecing foe the backhand blades to basically give myself the arcane needed to proc the bleed quicker and I be tearing through things right now 

Backhand blades might be my favorite weapon in the game. Smith'd them all the way up to +25 and like you said, just absolutely tearing everything to shreds. The blind spot weapon art is sooooo satisfying to use on those enemies with long attack animations. Just dash around mid attack and back stab those bastards.

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

By chance do you remember how many runes any of the bosses dropped? Final boss is 500,000 for NG, but each NG+ cycle increases the amount. I feel like the game was bugged for my NG+ playthrough.

Toward the end of this DLC they were dropping around a 600K I believe. This, of course, not as amazing as it sounds by the time you are over level 300.  Each level costs 1.25M at my current level.