Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

too easily with a shield.

That's why you use a great shield. The fingerprint shield is godly.

ELDENRING.WIKI.FEXTRALIFE.COM

Elden Ring Fingerprint Stone Shield Guide: Where to find Fingerprint Stone Shield, requirements, effects, skills and tips and tricks to use this shield

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

So far I'm cruising through this DLC. I've been exploring and picked up the power up "fleebs" ( I'm too old to keep remembering the names of various power ups in games, so I call them all Fleebs) and I've been dropping bosses and dragons fairly well. I would guess I'm about 50% of the way through the DLC now. I haven't tried any of the new weapons, but I will this weekend. 

I don't like most of the new weapons because they either have extended animations or require stats in things other than STR and DEX.

I did read about a GIGA weapon and I'm thinking about respecing to STR arcane.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

That's why you use a great shield. The fingerprint shield is godly.

ELDENRING.WIKI.FEXTRALIFE.COM

Elden Ring Fingerprint Stone Shield Guide: Where to find Fingerprint Stone Shield, requirements, effects, skills and tips and tricks to use this shield

That, or against magical bosses, the mirror shield. The mirror shield magic negation definitely helps against Rellana.

11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I found the base enemies is the castle to mostly be quite easy. I thought this whole legacy dungeon was the easiest in the game by a long shot. There was one slight skill check in there I spent time on, but not a ton. 

It's not about that. It's the damage and bleed. Blood Loss happened in one hit.

42 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Actually, if you stop at level 18 you are the same strength as pre-buff. Anyway, my new weapon breaks the DLC. It's fun.

Which is….?

Im finding in the DLC I’m actually switching up weapons depending on the boss which I never did in the base game. That was Blood Fang —> Sword of Night and Flame —> Moonveil Katana

Now I’m bouncing around between Renallas Twin Blades, those twin Lightning Axes and going back to Moonveil if something is annoying and I don’t want to spend time figuring it out 😂

• Like 1

Bayle down in an honest fight. Figured out how to avoid all but his flying breath attack and the first quick super lunge attack, but those were the rarest ones. Again he felt very resistant to status effects on NG+, especially because he jumps away so much my greases would wear off the weapon before getting enough attacks in, so I just committed to reading his tells and punishes.

• Halal 1

I believe I’m about 75% complete now.the abysmal woods really aren’t that bad at all, they just have a fairly simply stealth mechanic. Stealth has never been my cup of tea, but it was all over in 10 minutes, so it was fine. I’m now power level 14 and most bosses are pretty reasonable to contend with. If all goes well, I might even wrap up the main quest tomorrow.