Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This reminded me that in my mad dash through the main game last week, I was skipping a lot of items that would definitely make my life easier. So this afternoon I made a shopping list and collected a bunch of stuff, mainly talismans and recipes (mostly for perfumes). I used the wiki, which didn’t feel like cheating because I’ve done all of this shit before, I just couldn’t remember where I found each item the first time around. :p

I'm so glad I didn't give into temptation and buy the DLC. I'm just not in the mood for this right now and after spending a couple of days trying to get back on track to finsih the base game, I'm tapping out for now. I'll be back at some point but the gameplay just isn't clicking for me right now after playing several similar games with frankly more fun gameplay for me. I'll work on Banishers and beat that and maybe I'll come back to this later on in the summer. Good luck to to you guys :peace:

• Halal 1

Calibration Update 1.12.2 change list

Attack and damage negation curve scaling of the Shadow Realm Blessings has been revised.

• The attack and damage negation has been increased for the first half of the maximum amount of Blessing enhancements, and the second half will now be more gradual.
  • The attack and damage negation granted by the final level of Blessing enhancements has been slightly increased.

The calibration update can be applied by logging into the multiplayer server.

If the Calibration Ver. listed at the bottom right of the title menu is not "1.12.2", then select LOGIN and apply the latest regulations before enjoying the game.

About graphics settings (PC version only)

We have confirmed a bug where the raytracing settings are automatically enabled if you have previously loaded saved data from previous game versions.

If your framerate is unstable, please check in the 'SYSTEM' > 'Graphics Settings' > 'Raytracing Quality' settings from the title menu or in-game menu to check if it has been unintentionally set to 'ON'. Once set to 'OFF', Ray Tracing will no longer be automatically enabled.

Other balance adjustments as well as bug fixes are also planned for a future patch.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Calibration Update 1.12.2 change list

Attack and damage negation curve scaling of the Shadow Realm Blessings has been revised.

• The attack and damage negation has been increased for the first half of the maximum amount of Blessing enhancements, and the second half will now be more gradual.
  • The attack and damage negation granted by the final level of Blessing enhancements has been slightly increased.

The calibration update can be applied by logging into the multiplayer server.

If the Calibration Ver. listed at the bottom right of the title menu is not "1.12.2", then select LOGIN and apply the latest regulations before enjoying the game.

About graphics settings (PC version only)

We have confirmed a bug where the raytracing settings are automatically enabled if you have previously loaded saved data from previous game versions.

If your framerate is unstable, please check in the 'SYSTEM' > 'Graphics Settings' > 'Raytracing Quality' settings from the title menu or in-game menu to check if it has been unintentionally set to 'ON'. Once set to 'OFF', Ray Tracing will no longer be automatically enabled.

Other balance adjustments as well as bug fixes are also planned for a future patch.

Its a shame the internet is so loud. Souls is hard y'all, that's part of the magic. A patch to make it easier is sad, because wrap it up how you like, you know it was not the team's original vision. 

• True 1

Ok. I can’t beat the final boss. His second phase just obliterates me. I’m sure I have a hundred runs in. Half the time I can make it to the second phase. I never once got halfway through the second. 

I will beat it, probably try a few times a day, but it’s incredibly frustrating. Malenia took me forever, but I always felt with a good run I could do it once I learned the mechanics. This one just feels hopeless.

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Ok. I can’t beat the final boss. His second phase just obliterates me. I’m sure I have a hundred runs in. Half the time I can make it to the second phase. I never once got halfway through the second. 

I will beat it, probably try a few times a day, but it’s incredibly frustrating. Malenia took me forever, but I always felt with a good run I could do it once I learned the mechanics. This one just feels hopeless.

Sounds like fun!

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Its a shame the internet is so loud. Souls is hard y'all, that's part of the magic. A patch to make it easier is sad, because wrap it up how you like, you know it was not the team's original vision. 

I disagree. I do think some of it was just overtuned. I’m not done, there’s still stuff I have to explore and beat, I have maybe 30 hours in, but this was a bit too much of a difficulty leap for a FEW of the bosses. The Dancing Lion was skill check that tons of people couldn’t get through and quit, even though they beat the base game. That’s overtuned, imo.

Just now, BloodyHell said:

The DLC is fantastic, possibly the best DLC ever added to a game, but a couple of bosses need balancing. 

one main boss of about a dozen that I can’t beat doesn’t change how great it is.

Yeah I totally agree. I just love when a game is unbeatable and gives me a feeling of hopelessness. 

16 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It's not like a huge increase, perhaps this will incentivize some people to explore the world to find them

spacer.png

I gotta say, DLC > Base game. I have gone out of my way to collect a lot of fragments and shit feels pretty balanced. Now, I haven't faced Fire boy or the Final boss but other bosses have felt far more fair than some of the shit in the base game. DLC also just feels at lot more like Dark Souls than before and that's great.

I'm not a fan of the buffed blessing BTW. Feels like I got robbed cuz I didn't beat the DLC fast enough. I'll prolly just not level past 18 so I only stay at 100%.

Just now, Bacon said:

I gotta say, DLC > Base game. I have gone out of my way to collect a lot of fragments and shit feels pretty balanced. Now, I haven't faced Fire boy or the Final boss but other bosses have felt far more fair than some of the shit in the base game. DLC also just feels at lot more like Dark Souls than before and that's great.

Fuck. Sounds so awesome and that screen above is dope. I value your opinion big time when it comes to Fromsoft games/clones. 

• Like 1

Commander Gaius can go fuck the right off.

Also I just looked up some rune drop values and I think NG+ is bugged. I'm getting the same amount of runes from bosses that a first playthrough is getting, when it should be doubled. Holy scammed, I've definitely felt like I should be getting more runes from everything I've defeated the entire time.

And I beat the final boss last night. I have a couple of bosses and places left to hunt down.

I really enjoyed this DLC. I’m still enjoying it. I’m now going to finish my play through with this character as well as still needing to finish my co-op play through on PC. 

The last boss is crazy hard, by ghe time I beat the second phase I had absolutely no potions left, and I got in the last hit before they did. You would have thought I’d won the Stanley Cup with the way I was yelling in the game room 😆 

• Hype 2

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Commander Gaius can go fuck the right off.

Man, I wish I recorded my fight with him. I heard so many complaints about this boss only for him to die like a total chump to my spear and shield. I guard countered him 12+ times and got 3 or 4 crits on him. As I stood behind my great shield I was basically immune to his attacks.

39 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Man, I wish I recorded my fight with him. I heard so many complaints about this boss only for him to die like a total chump to my spear and shield. I guard countered him 12+ times and got 3 or 4 crits on him. As I stood behind my great shield I was basically immune to his attacks.

Didn't try a shield build, but after attempting to tank some attacks with Endure that didn't go well I thought he would have just broken my guard too easily with a shield. I noticed fire damage did a lot, but I wasn't spec'd for it, and he was hard to get a status effect on which must be the NG+ scaling screwing me over. Could only get one bleed proc per attempt. But his hitboxes on the boar were weird as hell which made dodging feel completely random.

One thing about most of the bosses and some of the tougher enemies is they are definitely more aggressive or have longer combos than ones in the base game.  A lot have Morgott-esque infinite combos.

So far I'm cruising through this DLC. I've been exploring and picked up the power up "fleebs" ( I'm too old to keep remembering the names of various power ups in games, so I call them all Fleebs) and I've been dropping bosses and dragons fairly well. I would guess I'm about 50% of the way through the DLC now. I haven't tried any of the new weapons, but I will this weekend.