Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

18 minutes ago, Best said:

I found my PS5 character which is level 88. So I'll eventually play this but I'm not dying to by any means. 

Yeah between the fact that I still have a ways to go in the base game and I have to get used to the gameplay again, I'm gonna hold off on getting this until later. I'll focus on actually finishing the main game and respeccing my character into something that feels remotely fun to play as.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I agree it feels slower, but that’s what I love about it. The deliberate movement required is half the fun to me. Wo Long didn’t do it for me personally, but I definitely enjoyed LoP. 

Interesting... I found the combat in Wo-Long to be among the best of these types of games. Between the varied combat styles, the speed of the gameplay and the easy to use yet hard to master parry mechanics, Wo Long definitely clicked for me. I hope it didn't ruin combat for me in other Souls likes. I almost feel like it makes more sense to go in the opposite direction and play Elden Ring and other slower paced Souls likes with a High Poise, High Defense, Tanky build. I dunno... maybe after I spend some time with Elden Ring again I'll reaclimate myself to the gameplay speed. For now, i'm gonna focus on beating the base game.

BTW did they nerf the Godskin duo? I remember before you could find yourself fighting both of them if you didn't kill the first one fast enough. Now it seems like the second one won't spawn until you kill the first one. Is this true or am i just killing the first one faster than I was before?

Yeah, part of the restarted I fully restarted the game was so I could get used to how it plays. My new character is only level 92, but I’m going to see if I can beat Mogh this afternoon. If he doesn’t give me too much trouble, I’ll dive into the DLC. 

I wish the game gave you a reason as to why you are accessing the DLC. Like, in Dark Souls, you get sucked into the past my Manus. It wasn't a "choice" you made, it just happened. The game gave you a reason by forcing you to go there. In DS3, you are guided by Gale to go to these places.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Information Thread, update (06/21): Fextralife guides posted

So, I heard about the items that give you blessings and shit. Perma buffs for the DLC. The Hardcore part of me wants to pass on them, but FUCK IT DOOD. Imma use it and be strong AF.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I can beat Mogh this afternoon. If he doesn’t give me too much trouble, I’ll dive into the DLC. 

I'm going to attempt Mogh at level 88. If I succeed then yea, I'll move in to the dlc. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah between the fact that I still have a ways to go in the base game and I have to get used to the gameplay again, I'm gonna hold off on getting this until later. I'll focus on actually finishing the main game and respeccing my character into something that feels remotely fun to play as.

Interesting... I found the combat in Wo-Long to be among the best of these types of games. Between the varied combat styles, the speed of the gameplay and the easy to use yet hard to master parry mechanics, Wo Long definitely clicked for me. I hope it didn't ruin combat for me in other Souls likes. I almost feel like it makes more sense to go in the opposite direction and play Elden Ring and other slower paced Souls likes with a High Poise, High Defense, Tanky build. I dunno... maybe after I spend some time with Elden Ring again I'll reaclimate myself to the gameplay speed. For now, i'm gonna focus on beating the base game.

BTW did they nerf the Godskin duo? I remember before you could find yourself fighting both of them if you didn't kill the first one fast enough. Now it seems like the second one won't spawn until you kill the first one. Is this true or am i just killing the first one faster than I was before?

Unless they changed it in the patch yesterday, the Godskin Duo in Farum Azula always spawn at the same time.  There's another version of the boss in a cave which only spawns one at a time.

They have included some faster weapons and new gameplay mechanics in the DLC that you can access right from the starting area.  You still have to take fights deliberately because of stamina management, though.

Just now, eventide11 said:

I think you need to be around 120 for the DLC but don't quote me on that

I think it's actually 150. So I'm so conflicted in playing this. I'm hyped but also realize I have so much to do in order to even play the dlc. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn’t get to them in this play through yet, I literally just killed the fire giant Wednesday night, and went to the DLC this morning. Last time I killed them was around launch, so no idea if it was nerfed

19 minutes ago, Best said:

I think it's actually 150. So I'm so conflicted in playing this. I'm hyped but also realize I have so much to do in order to even play the dlc. 

120 is fine. It has its own leveling system in the DLC

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

So, I heard about the items that give you blessings and shit. Perma buffs for the DLC. The Hardcore part of me wants to pass on them, but FUCK IT DOOD. Imma use it and be strong AF.

I fought a dungeon boss without them and he destroyed me. Got to skadu lvl 4 and destroyed him easily. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I wish the game gave you a reason as to why you are accessing the DLC. Like, in Dark Souls, you get sucked into the past my Manus. It wasn't a "choice" you made, it just happened. The game gave you a reason by forcing you to go there. In DS3, you are guided by Gale to go to these places.

There is a reason, you’re chasing kindly Miquella

23 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Get help, Mogh is one of the hardest bosses in the game, imo

did you beat Radahn?

Get help as in summon an online buddy? Radahn was absolutely brutal for me and I never beat him. 

25 minutes ago, Best said:

Get help as in summon an online buddy? Radahn was absolutely brutal for me and I never beat him. 

You need to beat Radahn, but he’s nerfed to hell now.

a buddy or a high level mimic 

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Unless they changed it in the patch yesterday, the Godskin Duo in Farum Azula always spawn at the same time.  There's another version of the boss in a cave which only spawns one at a time

I'm fighting them in the cave and yeah, they spawn one at a time there but before the second one would always spawn before I killed the first one. Is the second fight in the cave optional? I don't remember if I fought and beat them before...

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm fighting them in the cave and yeah, they spawn one at a time there but before the second one would always spawn before I killed the first one. Is the second fight in the cave optional? I don't remember if I fought and beat them before...

That dungeon is optional, and I've never seen both of them at the same time in it but I've never had a really long fight with the first one.

I was just on YouTube looking on how to access this DLC and it's something I'm not capable of doing. It takes skills I don't have and it isn't realistic. So I bought the DLC for no reason but that's entirely my fault. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

I was just on YouTube looking on how to access this DLC and it's something I'm not capable of doing. It takes skills I don't have and it isn't realistic. So I bought the DLC for no reason but that's entirely my fault. 

You are. You just need to find the right build and then get the mimic tear. ER is the most beatable game FROM has ever put out.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You are. You just need to find the right build and then get the mimic tear. ER is the most beatable game FROM has ever put out.

No. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm completely awful at these games. I can't even get to Mohgwyn Palace and defeat Mohg. I don't even no where that is lol. I'm hopless trust me. 

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, the mimic tear can/could solo bosses. You could also do it for sure with real help. If you were on PC I could even help you.

I appreciate it but it's ok. I have plenty of other games to play. 

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Opitonal eh? So I must've beaten them already?

Possibly. They are the 5th last boss required to beat the game, where the last 4 boss fights are basically back-to-back and there's only a little bit of exploration to do between Godskin Duo and the next required boss. If your Erdtree has been burned and you have the Ashen Capital grace then they are dead.

Mohg was one of the easier bosses for me, one of the ones I didn’t need to summon someone else for. Idk if I was just the right build or what but I was surprised to see people refer to it as a difficult fight.

• True 1

39 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Possibly. They are the 5th last boss required to beat the game, where the last 4 boss fights are basically back-to-back and there's only a little bit of exploration to do between Godskin Duo and the next required boss. If your Erdtree has been burned and you have the Ashen Capital grace then they are dead.

Yeah my Erdtree is burned. At least that's what my acheivement list says.

The first boss is just this btw but on super crack

81IouOgTc1L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

It actually isn't a fun boss imo. Kinda annoying. So much wriggling and zooming and rolling and dancing and flying. And then your camera is zipping and colliding with the boss.