Eurogamer all but confirms The Witcher 3 will be announced for the Switch next week

58 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Have any of the current gen ports sold well on the Switch?  The limitations of the Switch hardware is too big of a hurdle for these games. 

MK was the number one game last month on the Switch.

The switch is pretty crap. A fucking Wii U 2. I knew it would happen. Shitty ports of 3rd party games, a lack of first party games, and they won't even bring out remakes or ports of old first party games that people want. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

The switch is pretty crap. A fucking Wii U 2. I knew it would happen. Shitty ports of 3rd party games, a lack of first party games, and they won't even bring out remakes or ports of old first party games that people want. 

Switch has a number of first party games. And they are (have) bringing (brought) remakes or ports of old first party games. What is the criteria you're using for "lack?"

2 minutes ago, legend said:

And they are (have) bringing (brought) remakes or ports of old first party games.

Like what? Donkey Kong and Mario Kart? I already had mario kart on the Wii U. I ain't buying it a-fucking-gin on the Switch. I mean shit like SNES games in their retro library, and remakes from the N64 and GC days.

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Wii U did too, but people act like it didn't. And by lack I mean games I want. 

Okay, well your subjective opinion is a horse of a different color!

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Like what? Donkey Kong and Mario Kart? I already had mario kart on the Wii U. I ain't buying it a-fucking-gin on the Switch. I mean shit like SNES games in their retro library, and remakes from the N64 and GC days.

This is a bizarre response. You object to a lack of ports of older games, and then dismiss those games because they were released previously and you already own them :p 

7 minutes ago, legend said:

This is a bizarre response. You object to a lack of ports of older games, and then dismiss those games because they were released previously and you already own them :p 

No. I already owned OoT on the N64, GC, and 3DS. I'd be willing to buy an actual remake of that game. Mario Kart and Donkey Kong are not old. Last gen is not old. There was only a 3 year game before they released the same game. No fucking thanks. 

Edit. And what Ash said. Not gonna pay full price for a game I just paid full price for 3 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No. I already owned OoT on the N64, GC, and 3DS. I'd be willing to buy an actual remake of that game. Mario Kart and Donkey Kong are not old. Last gen is not old. There was only a 3 year game before they released the same game. No fucking thanks. 

Okay, so what you really want is remakes and ports of retro games then? You know they do have this:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

And they're also doing Zelda Links awakening.

8 minutes ago, legend said:

Okay, so what you really want is remakes and ports of retro games then? You know they do have this:

Fucking trash service. Just NES games and not even all the best ones. Where are all the SNES, N64, and GC games? ALttP, Super Mario World, Gameboy games, Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine should be on that service.  

And I don't really want ports at all. I want first party games, but I'll take ports to fill in the down time but they only put out ports of shitty NES games. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Fucking trash service. Just NES games and not even all the best ones. Where are all the SNES, N64, and GC games? ALttP, Super Mario World, Gameboy games, Wind Waker and Mario Sunshine should be on that service.  

And I don't really want ports at all. I want first party games, but I'll take ports to fill in the down time but they only put out ports of shitty NES games. 

Do you see how you're in no true scotsman territory with this increasing level of subjective qualifiers? You know you can just say you don't like what they have out without making the broad false objective claims you started with.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I'll unpack that a bit.

Banner 2017 with Odyssey, BoTW, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, ARMS, etc. 
Lesser 2018 with Smash, Mario Tennis, Torna, Kirby, Let's Go, etc.
2019: Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Pokemon S&S, Yoshi, etc.

I'd say Nintendo's gotten back on the train quicker than they typically do.  Still not quite to the level I'd hope with their handheld division consolidated.  But a little better than the Wii U, which in Nintendo's more prolific years, honestly wasn't bad.

...We still haven't had E3 yet either.  There should be more game announced.  The Switch's outlook is promising, IMO.

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Do you see how you're in no true scotsman territory with this increasing level of subjective qualifiers? You know you can just say you don't like what they have out without making the broad false objective claims you started with.

The main point is that this is a Wii U 2 with better marketing. The games they have out now for the Switch is the same kind of crap they had out on the Wii U. People say the Wii U lacked games, and the switch is no different. The two biggest differences are BOTW and Third Party support. Third Party means nothing to me unless it is an exclusive. Sure, there is some more shit coming out, but that is because they are taking games that use to be on Handhelds and are moving them to the switch, like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. The Switch will have more games because there is no more handheld. 

The Wii U is not lacking compared to the Switch. They have basically the same kinds of big titles at this point. We are now getting the handheld titles. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The main point is that this is a Wii U 2 with better marketing. The games they have out now for the Switch is the same kind of crap they had out on the Wii U. People say the Wii U lacked games, and the switch is no different. The two biggest differences are BOTW and Third Party support. Third Party means nothing to me unless it is an exclusive. Sure, there is some more shit coming out, but that is because they are taking games that use to be on Handhelds and are moving them to the switch, like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. The Switch will have more games because there is no more handheld. 

The Wii U is not lacking compared to the Switch. They have basically the same kinds of big titles at this point. We are now getting the handheld titles. 

It's not a Wii U 2 with better marketing. The Switch has something no other console or gaming PC has; a reason for it to exist beyond the exclusive games that are on it. Its adhoc portability factor is incredible and is the sole reason why very often I get games for Switch rather than another platform.

It also has a number of great exclusive games too but it's more than that.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Switch has no games. Except these ones which are too similar to the ones they had on Wii U. And these ones that I don't want. And these ones that I'm going to discredit for an arbitrary reason.

Keep on moving the goal posts.

7 minutes ago, legend said:

It also has a number of great exclusive games too.

It has the exclusives of the Handhelds and Consoles combined, but the Switch is a lack luster Console and I have only ever played Handhelds at home. I could play Hollow Knight on my Switch or PC. But both are located in the same room, so why would I not play it on PC?

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Keep on moving the goal posts.

I will thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The main point is that this is a Wii U 2 with better marketing. The games they have out now for the Switch is the same kind of crap they had out on the Wii U. People say the Wii U lacked games, and the switch is no different.

The Switch has yet to experience the same degree of 1st party droughts and game delays that the Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, and N64 had at their worst.  Especially not the Wii U in its beginnings.

Do you remember when they apologized for how difficult HD development was?

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

Do you remember when they first apologized for how difficult HD development was?

I remember Square Enix saying HD towns are hard and then never putting out a good Final Fantasy since. 

• Guillotine 1

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It has the exclusives of the Handhelds and Consoles combined, but the Switch is a lack luster Console and I have only ever played Handhelds at home. I could play Hollow Knight on my Switch or PC. But both are located in the same room, so why would I not play it on PC?

It's totally fine if your circumstance and preferences make what the Switch offers unappealing. I'm not trying to convince you that you should love it. I'm responding to the factual claims you've made that simply aren't true. We don't have to make false claims to justify our preferences and personal circumstances.

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This only matters if buying TW3 on Switch gives you Geralt as a SSB character :p 

I have a feeling Nintendo wouldn't let him try to bang all the other characters doe. :(

• Sad 1