Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update (09/05): Patch 7 (the final really big one) released for PC, Mac/console release in October

Poor Sazza. I really did like you, for a goblin. Should have been an optional romance, really. It would have been interesting. Instead, it was either save you for the final time and never see you again, or bask in the dark urge. Well, at least you won't be alone in my Traveller's Chest.

When I do my Full Evil Durge Sorc Taction run, I'm going to either mod in a bunch of STR potions or something for RP reasons. I won't be using melee so I feel that it won't give me some busted advantage except for being less pushable.

Getting close to being done with act 2. The only thing left to do is the main mission.

I really do hate it when the game decides not to give you exp for dialogue kills. It's a 1k difference if you manually kill Yogurt and his Meg Ryan's vs the ol silver tongue. It's lame AF.

Apparently, dialog is a correct alternate spelling of dialogue in American.

WWW.PCINVASION.COM

Can you believe a BG3 player found a new enemy even after playing for 500+ hours?

For how large Baldur’s Gate 3 is, it’s not surprising to hear how players are still discovering new things. This one Baldur’s Gate 3 player is shocked on Reddit to find a new enemy after playing for 500 hours.

It’s one of those enemies you’ll only see if you face an encounter a very certain way — even I’ve never heard of this Justiciar Crusader.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: player "shocked" to discover new enemy after 500 hours of game time
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A South Park gag about Baldur's Gate 3 cross-saves earns it a talking-to from the developer.

It's not quite the leviathan of TV satire it once was, but there must still be some thrill in seeing South Park reference something you've made. No one needed the rude cartoon boys to confirm that Baldur's Gate 3 has been a huge success, but a joke about cross-dimensional BG3 save files in the latest South Park special does underscore how wildly mainstream the D&D RPG has gone.

But like a good, stern DM who doesn't let the rules go out the window just because the players are joking around, Baldur's Gate 3 developer Larian Studios was quick to log an objection to the gag. Greeting the show with a wonderfully dry "Hello @SouthPark," the studio pointed out that the joke misrepresents BG3's cross-save capabilities. 

In a scene posted on X, alternate reality Cartman (played by Janeshia Adams-Ginyard) complains that she's "already like 50 hours into Baldur's Gate 3" but has to start a new game. "Do save games not cross between multiple universes?" she asks.

Stan responds: "Save games don't even cross between PCs and PS5s, why would they cross between multiple universes?"

As Larian pointed out in its response, however, Baldur's Gate 3 save games can be shared between PCs and PS5s.

"While Baldur's Gate 3 saves can't cross multiversal barriers, we can confirm they do actually transfer between PC and PS5," the studio wrote.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: player "shocked" to discover new enemy after 500 hours of game time, South Park makes cross-save joke that Larian immediately corrects

The full patch notes are here as the Steam notes can't support the full text:

BALDURSGATE3.GAME

<p>Patch #4 is now live for Baldur's Gate 3!<br /> Today’s update clocks in at over 1000 fixes, tweaks and changes. This patch introduces a setting for colour-blind people, and allows for visual customisation of hirelings upon recruitment!</p>

Hello everyone,

Patch 4 is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3. Today’s update clocks in at over 1000 fixes, tweaks and changes. This patch introduces a setting for colour-blind people, and allows for visual customisation of hirelings upon recruitment! No more Extreme Makeover: Faerûn Edition.

In this update, we’ve added a setting in the Accessibility tab that will allow you to choose between protanopia, deuteranopia, or tritanopia, which will apply to character outlines and circles, character map markers, frame portraits in turn order, and party portraits. We hope that including these settings will allow you to more easily differentiate between friends, foes, and help with navigating combat!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Patch #4 released

Should have listened to my gut

5ccf6aa8425a63fc0e6b1a3e075b8357.png

Pretty much all my mods work, but it resets the game time to 00h 00m. I despise that aspect. I knew I should have played offline. I'm considering downloading an older version of the game but idk. I mean, I'm RIGHT at the end of Act 2.

kJR9lDw.png

So frustrating being this dumb and wrong rn ong fr fr. Also, please admire the length of my buffs.

• Sicko Sherman 1

I've always liked angeyjoe but I now subscribed and think his show is hilarious. Anyway, his reviews are brutally honest and usually 40 minutes long. He gave this one his extremely few 10/10's and says its a masterpiece. I know I won't like it but I actually do feel like I'm missing out. 

This will be GOTY. 

Yay, it's not fix-fixed, but I was told launching thru the mod manager prevents the error I was getting and it turns out that is the case, which is very cool. I can maintain my currently tracked in-game play time which is what I want.

• Halal 1

Welp. I’m adding this to my Christmas list along with Mario Wonder and Lords of the Fallen. But the more I see and hear about this game, and how well it’s being supported post launch, I am really excited to play this. I’m definitely gonna try this first and don’t really forsee anything else getting played for a while. 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, nublood said:

Welp. I’m adding this to my Christmas list along with Mario Wonder and Lords of the Fallen. But the more I see and hear about this game, and how well it’s being supported post launch, I am really excited to play this. I’m definitely gonna try this first and don’t really forsee anything else getting played for a while.

And Lords of the Fallen just got yet another patch that nerfed multiple weapons and took earned upgrades away because reasons. CI games clearly has no clue what they're doing opposed to Fromsoft. I'd definitely stick to BG3 and Super Mario Wonder

12 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And Lords of the Fallen just got yet another patch that nerfed multiple weapons and took earned upgrades away because reasons. CI games clearly has no clue what they're doing opposed to Fromsoft.

I know they aren't exactly single-player games, but MAN do I hate when shit gets nerfed in mostly single-player games. I hate when from does it too. Like, fuck off. Let it be busted if it's busted. Only when it being busted is an actual bug do I view it as kinda OK.

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Baldur's Gate 3 will be released on Xbox on 6th December, 2023. That's according to noted leaker eXtas1s, who says that…

Baldur's Gate 3 will be released on Xbox on 6th December, 2023.

That's according to noted leaker eXtas1s, who says that "if playtests proceed as planned", this date is "what Larian has targeted for the game's Xbox version at the moment".

As noted by r/GamingLeaksandRumours, eXtas1s has a pretty good track record for breaking release dates ahead of announcements, and had previously given us Forza Motorsport's street date before Xbox formally confirmed it.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: leak suggests Xbox Series release on December 6

I modded it out.

I really like the dark veins, but I can't stand the darker lips and stuff around the eyes. Looks too much like metal band makeup instead of being brain fucked.

99896e4a28631e318382b436111ae8cb.jpg

If I could get all the veins without all of the makeup that'd be great.

Kinda BS how shit the loot is. Like, there are some killer pieces, but it's a struggle actually to find good stuff. Like, I haven't, but man, I just want to mod in a bunch of Crusher's rings and put one on all of my melee characters other than my main character. I am constantly swapping that ring depending on who is in my party.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Kinda BS how shit the loot is. Like, there are some killer pieces, but it's a struggle actually to find good stuff. Like, I haven't, but man, I just want to mod in a bunch of Crusher's rings and put one on all of my melee characters other than my main character. I am constantly swapping that ring depending on who is in my party.

I think that goes overboard. If there are a huge number of copies of the best items, they lose their uniqueness and makes everything mundane. I think BG3 strikes a very good balance of giving you a lot different unique loot so that each feels special and opens up different paths.

• True 1

Just now, legend said:

I think that goes overboard. If there are a huge number of copies of the best items, they lose their uniqueness and makes everything mundane. I think BG3 strikes a very good balance of giving you a lot different unique loot so that each feels special and opens up different paths.

I'm not going to do it, but I really want to do it.  It's just that, if I have more than one Melee character in my party, they feel totally gimped. It's pretty much why I run my character, Gale, Thief Bard Astarion with his gats, and then some other melee character.

And like all this loot that gives some spell is nearly useless for me. Part of the problem is how beneficial it is to stack everything on one character.

On my main character, I got:

Killer's Sweetheart, Ring of Protection, The Deathstalker Mantle, Disintegrating Night Walkers, Gloves of Dexterity, Haste Helm, Adamantine Scale Mail, and the Halberd of Vigilance. My character is a god. Rage, Attack, Extra Attack, Action Surge, Attack, Extra Attack, Hate Potion, Attack Extra Attack. And to top it all off I have every illithid power so anything I get to 24hp or lower dies on the spot from cull the weak. It's busted. I should really switch out the Ring of Protection for something better that deals damage but I don't really have anything great. I got the Caustic Band, which is just +2 Acid Damage but I'm either having that on Lae'zel or I put it on after using Killer's Sweetheart's ability.

Astarion has a really good setup too, with Gloves of Archery, Marksmanship Hat, Boots of Brilliance, Physic Spark, Fetish of Callarduran Smoothhands, Shifting Corpus Ring, Sword of Life Stealing, Knife of the Undermountian King, Ne'er Misser, and Hellfire Hand Crossbow. God if Astarion was a chick she'd be the only romance I'd ever take. I should give Astarion The Deathstalker Mantle but it's the durge's cloak so I refuse to take it off unless something remarkably better comes along. For now, he uses the Cloak of Protection. Ast is pretty much as devastating as my main, but without all of the insurance to confirm kills. Instead, he has loads of support. Longstrider, Feather Fall, Farie Fire, Enhance Ability, Song of Rest, Bardic Inspiration, and loads of arrow types. Honestly, I need to reroll Wyll from Lock-Pally to Lock-SwordsBard

I mean Lae'zel has really good armor gear but it doesn't really come together like the above 2. Grymskull Helm, no good cloak yet, Reaper's Embrace, Gloves of the Growling Underdog, Boots of Speed, Aberration Hunters' Amulet, Risky Ring, Crusher's Ring, and Soulbreaker Greatsword. She's strong but not a menace. Reaper's Embrace isn't bad, but it feels kinda useless. I should maybe reswap her and Shart's Adamantine armor. Shart my benefit more from Reaper's Embrace with my play style. I actually don't find myself surrounded that often in combat, I pretty much never use boots of speed but don't have better boots for her, the necklace is pretty useless usually, and the rings are good.

Gale just has whatever. It's actually hard to find stuff for casters that don't require a round of setup. He's got Fistbreaker Helm, Cloak of Elemental Absorption, The Protecty Sparkswall, Gloves of Belligerent Skies, The Watersparkers, Necklace of Elemental Augmentation, The Sparkswall, Snowburst Ring, The Spellsparkler, and Sentinel Shield.

It's really not bad build, but I pretty much never set all that lightning stuff cuz I'm not going to waste any action creating a water source to stand in. I also feel the Cloak of Elemental Absorption is wasted on him and should go on one of my melee attackers, but it does match his drip.

I mean, OK these characters are all pretty strong, but I wish they were more directly strong like my main character. I should also set up a character with the Caustic Band and Ichorous Gloves.

Like, actually, most of my characters are pretty strong right now I guess. I just wish they all had more movement I suppose. I won't say yer right, but maybe I am the movie featuring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell

Unless the Wiki doesn't have all the Cloaks at this point, most kinda suck lol.

2 of 4 of the very rare cloaks require your concentration which makes them useless for me. Another is the greater version of Cloak of Elemental Absorption. The last one is actually great for Astarion.

There a two nearly worthless fire resist cloaks, but 1 makes it so you can't burn.

One cloak that seemed lame, will be kinda cool now. The Fleshmelter cloak deals acid damage to your attacker and I have that paired caustic band and Ichorous Gloves.

The Cloak of Displacement and Shade-Slayer Cloak are the only cloaks that I don't have that I want.

Little things can often matter a lot and when it comes to streamlining a game's memory usage, every gigabyte counts. One of the developers at Larian, makers of Baldur's Gate 3, has shown that the team's recent hard work has resulted in a 34% reduction in VRAM usage for the forthcoming Xbox Series S version.

The good news was shared by Swen Vincke on Twitter, via a short post with two graphs showing how the RAM and VRAM loads of the Series S port of Baldur's Gate 3 have been significantly reduced in recent weeks.

It's worth noting that out of all the platforms that Larian has developed its masterpiece for, the Xbox Series S is probably the most restrictive. This is because it only has 8GB of high-bandwidth memory, to store the game while running and use as VRAM (the remaining 2GB gets used for system functions).

The graphs start at the beginning of September, with the game using just over 5.2GB for general game RAM and around 3.5GB for VRAM. By November, though, Larian had shaved this down to 4.7GB and 2.3GB respectively. The RAM reduction is a pretty decent 10% drop but the reduction in VRAM usage is a massive 34%.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian reveals significant reduction (34%) in VRAM usage for Xbox Series S version