Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update (09/05): Patch 7 (the final really big one) released for PC, Mac/console release in October

So, I just finished Astarion's quest.

Spoiler

What a fantastic ending. I didn't do Ascension and made him stay normal and just the stabbing felt so good to watch. I was surprised at how happy he was by denying the power he could have had. I did view the Ascension stuff via a reload and it really doesn't even feel worth it for my boy. He didn't even seem actually happy. I actually wanted to do Ascension cuz I know what happens if you don't at the end of the game, but it really doesn't feel worth it. I just wish there would be a way to make him a sunwalker even at the end. Astarion is easily the best character in the game.

Anyway, I only have like 4 quests left. I need to get a clown's foot, investigate a fireworks shop, enter the House of Hope, and get the final McGuffin. After that, I will beat the game.

• Shocked 1

It's over. I finally beat it. On my birthday no less. I don't have the newest patch installed but man the OG ending is ROUGH. Like, I thought there would have been a lil something, but the only person you talk to is your lover if you have one. Like, I can't believe that they really just ended the game on some rando giving a salute to a statue. That is a joke lol. I'll view the patched content some other day, but I have to reinstall the whole game for that since I don't have 130gb free, only 70gb.

Updated player metrics from Larian:

⚔️ Since our launch in August, over 1.3 million players have completed Baldur's Gate 3.
🧀 A number almost equaled by those of you transformed into a wheel of cheese.
📈 All this, and more in our latest thread of amazing stats!

💀 Number of you who started an Honour Mode playthrough? 158'000
🩻 Of those players, 464 parties have made it to the end already. 34'000 of you...have already met your match. Better luck next time.

GAmgC4XW4AAMNhC?format=jpg&name=medium

GAmgC4aWMAAXhCq?format=jpg&name=medium

GAmgC4cX0AAcfAF?format=jpg&name=medium

GAmgC4VXwAAHxOf?format=jpg&name=medium

GAmgEhNWkAA9G8W?format=jpg&name=medium

GAmgEhQW0AAjTyt?format=jpg&name=medium

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian releases updated player metrics

I tried getting the epilogue and reloaded before the PONR so I could change a character's fate that doesn't involve me going with them (which apparently breaks off your romance with other characters), and while also not having them die. Didn't realize I was locked out of having someone else go with that character based on the option I picked near the start of Act 3.

Anyway, did the whole final battle again but nothing happened, no epilogue. Strangely enough, if I load a quicksave after my first kill of the final boss, I get the epilogue but not what I wanted. I think I might have resolved the problem, but I'll have to go thru the whole ending again so it will have to wait.

I tied starting a new game, first with Bard and then with Monk, but I'm pretty tired of the game and I'm not really up to playing it. Honestly, after I get the epilogue, not sure when or if I'll ever play it again. I feel like this game has worn me out lol. I do want to get the rest of the Achievements aside from the Honor mode one, and romance Karlach. While I still like Lae'zel the best, I think Kalach would have been a better fit for the story I wanted to be told. Actually, I know for sure it would have made for a better story. I wanted to try out a new class, but maybe when I do my Karlach Romance Run I'll play the same build. I fuckin' love my build.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Xbox Series release now available
5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How the fuck did they bungle the announcement for the Xbox version? I watched their presentation and they didn't say it was out tonight. Somebody fucked up. Anyway... DLing now.

I was really thinking it was going to be a GamePass release. The game is nowhere near my wheelhouse and I am very hesitant to burn $70 just to try it.

It's plausible it's not on gamepass because MS bungled the whole affair.

Even setting aside the whole Series S issue that MS finally gave a pass on, we know from the leaked documents that MS had listed BG3 as a possible Gamepass title, but thought they could pay very little for it assuming it would be niche. If they ever presented that insult to Larian, Larian very well may have said "lol fuck no."

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How the fuck did they bungle the announcement for the Xbox version? I watched their presentation and they didn't say it was out tonight. Somebody fucked up. Anyway... DLing now.

Because Swen wanted to honor the team member who recently passed away first and had to do so within the stupid 30 seconds time limit.

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Larian CEO Swen Vincke meant to announce Baldur's Gate 3's Xbox port in his GOTY acceptance speech but didn't have time.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I had sworn that Divinity 1 and 2 had been on game pass before, turns out that is not the case. So thinking BG3 would come to game pass was probably wishful thinking.

They were definitely on Gamepass at one point. That was the only way I played them for a hot second before they left.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because Swen wanted to honor the team member who recently passed away first and had to do so within the stupid 30 seconds time limit.

Yeah meaybe they should give these guys more time instead of spending so much time sucking off Hideo Kojima.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They were definitely on Gamepass at one point. That was the only way I played them for a hot second before they left.

That's what I thought but I searched to see if it ever happened and it turns out it did not.

There's even a master sheet of every game that has come to game pass and those games are not on it. Maybe some sort of Mandela Effect going on. 🤔

DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

Master List Complete Game Pass Master List by u/ABattleVet,517,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RorxFhWc2lHocg4c9zrVssSwZq1u2nPcpTsAvzdJQw">Playstation Plus</a>,See suggestions tab for color coding,The community can add games to cross play/play anywhere,Public Notes Game,System,...

• Sicko 1