Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update (09/05): Patch 7 (the final really big one) released for PC, Mac/console release in October

After I beat the game, I plan on doing a Solo or Semi-Solo Durge Taction run. I will be killing the 6 other origin characters for sure.

I may use the mod that gets me to level 20, but a Ranged Stealth Build would still work well even with the level 12 cap. And if I use another character it would either be just Minthara or a Hireling slave to feed me items from camp and for daily buffs.

19 hours ago, Bacon said:

After I beat the game, I plan on doing a Solo or Semi-Solo Durge Taction run. I will be killing the 6 other origin characters for sure.

I may use the mod that gets me to level 20, but a Ranged Stealth Build would still work well even with the level 12 cap. And if I use another character it would either be just Minthara or a Hireling slave to feed me items from camp and for daily buffs.

How many hours are you in now???  

Just now, stepee said:

Oh that is less than I thought, just seems like you’ve been at this forever lol 

I took a break while waiting for patches

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

that is in-game time

Would you like to see the time Steam has recorded?

BG3 crushed it at the Golden Joystick awards with a record breaking 7 awards.

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Baldur's Gate 3 wins big as it takes home a record-breaking seven awards

All awards:

• Best Storytelling - Baldur's Gate 3
  • Still Playing Award - No Man's Sky
  • Best Visual Design - Baldur's Gate 3
  • Studio of the Year - Larian Studios
  • Best Game Expansion - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Best Indie Game - Sea of Stars
  • Best VR Game - Horizon Call of the Mountain
  • Best Multiplayer Game - Mortal Kombat 1
  • Best Audio - Final Fantasy XVI
  • Best Game Trailer - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Best Streaming Game - Valorant
  • Best Game Community - Baldur's Gate 3
  • Best Gaming Hardware - PSVR 2
  • Breakthrough Award - Coccoon / Geometric Interactive
  • Critics' Choice Award - Alan Wake II
  • Best Lead Performer - Ben Starr, Final Fantasy XVI
  • Best Supporting Performer - Neil Newborn, Astarion, Baldur's Gate 3
  • Nintendo Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • PC Game of the Year - Baldur's Gate 3
  • Xbox Game of the Year - Starfield
  • PlayStation Game of the Year - Resident Evil 4
  • Most Wanted Game - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  • UGOTY - Baldur's Gate 3

Breaking the rule for this one:

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF:97ab1c12de.jpg

3 minutes ago, legend said:
  • Best Lead Performer - Ben Starr, Final Fantasy XVI
  • Best Supporting Performer - Neil Newborn, Astarion, Baldur's Gate 3

While 16 was a somewhat sour experience overall, Ben Starr killed it.

Neil Newborn should become a major VA if he wasn't already. Fantastic Actor.

• stepee 1

Hotfix #10 has been released:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Updates, events, and news from the developers of Baldur's Gate 3.

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a hotfix for you today, addressing some visual issues and bugs.

This hotfix corrects an issue where Astarion’s voice wasn’t quite following what he was supposed to say during dialogues.

Speaking of following, we’ve also asked Shadowheart to stop getting distracted by the wonderful vistas of the Sword Coast. She should now follow along with the rest of the team.

We still need to do some testing on Mac, and the Hotfix will be live for the platform soon.

We continue to look into your reports and are working on further fixes.

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES

• Fixed Shadowheart not following the party.
  • Fixed the sliders for eye makeup and tattoo intensity not working on controller.
  • Fixed a potential crash relating to Vulkan. This solves the DEVICE_LOST error upon minimising the game window.
  • Fixed an issue causing a desync between Astarion's voiced lines and subtitles.
  • Player characters will no longer be on literal fire in the scene with Vlaakith in the crèche.
  • Fixed male dwarf barbarians' shoes, which were missing their texture and looked like big blueberries.
  • The waypoints menu now opens correctly when triggered from the Character Sheet on controller.
  • Fixed items always being picked up as wares after you picked up at least one as a ware.
  • Fixed enemies in Ramazith's Tower getting stuck during combat if they are trying to fly from a lower floor to reach players on an upper floor.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Hotfix #10 has been released, BGIII wins record-breaking seven Golden Joystick Awards
10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF:97ab1c12de.jpg

While 16 was a somewhat sour experience overall, Ben Starr killed it.

Neil Newborn should become a major VA if he wasn't already. Fantastic Actor.

Agree that both were great.

In the case of Neil (Astarion) I was really impressed with how seamless he could transition from over the top and above it all into deeply emotional and serious attitudes.

• Halal 1

If anyone has a save where they can talk with a displacer beast, check to see if yours is bugged like this.

HcCbIk5.jpg

Mine have got stretchy teeth and mouth meat. It's not just this particular Displacer Beast either. I loaded a save from act 2 and talked to one there and same thing happened there. Not sure if some mod is causing this but I had the same mods in act 2 and it wasn't bugged back then for me.

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

That’s a very confusing article. The awards took place on November 20th?

Mario Wonder wasn’t even nominated for Nintendo GotY?

Spider Man voice actors were nominated but the game itself wasn’t nominated for PS GotY?

The fuck?

I'm not sure where you're getting November 20. Edit: Ok I see where you see that now. I assume that's a typo. Hard to believe GameRadar or whatever would have such an error. 

The voting window goes from November 2022 to September 2023 so Mario isn't eligible, don't remember Spidey's release date but I assume that wasn't eligible either. 

The confusing part I don't understand is how Spidey had voice actors nominated. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm not sure where you're getting November 20. 

The voting window goes from November 2022 to September 2023 so Mario isn't eligible, don't remember Spidey's release date but I assume that wasn't eligible either. 

The confusing part I don't understand is how Spidey had voice actors nominated. 

Click on the article for the award winners? Says it was November 20th in like the first sentence. Then scroll down to where it lists nominees and Spider Man 2 voice actors are listed but the game itself doesn’t show up as a nominee, just some kinda odd omissions. 

That being said @Mercury33 I find the entire state of journalism, even taking it for what it is as just entertainment reporting for the most part, is so pitiful. The authors and editors take absolutely zero pride in making articles readable and without errors. And they'll have little profiles of the author at the bottom with their backgrounds and it's just like...why would you want your name on this? I suppose the answer is just they want as many credits and published articles as possible but my god. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Mercury33 said:

Click on the article for the award winners? Says it was November 20th in like the first sentence. Then scroll down to where it lists nominees and Spider Man 2 voice actors are listed but the game itself doesn’t show up as a nominee, just some kinda odd omissions. 

Yeah sorry I edited the first reply to you before you saw it. I think it's a typo. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That's the type of thing that happens when you allow the public to vote.

Which is still kind of silly. Does the general public really play MK1 online that much? Most people show up to MK for the story mode and bounce imo. But beyond that there are still a lot of bugs and even if you're talking about local multiplayer well SF has a leg up on that too. I dunno.

But like you said, just a popularity contest regardless of who played it. This is why League of Legends wins all the time at The Game Awards :p

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Xbox release "on track" for December, exact date to be announced at The Game Awards