Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update (09/05): Patch 7 (the final really big one) released for PC, Mac/console release in October

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, I understand the depth in its RPG elements and amazing character choices and interactions. It's fuckung awesome. Yea, that would be dope if it ever hit gp or ps+.

I kinda think MSFT might try to get it on GP because there’s a lot of egg on their face with the Xbox version being so delayed compared to the PS version. I could be completely wrong, of course. :p 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I kinda think MSFT might try to get it on GP because there’s a lot of egg on their face with the Xbox version being so delayed compared to the PS version. I could be completely wrong, of course. :p 

We shall see! I'd obviously check it out on GP. 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Because you hate turn based :p 

Haha I think that's okay. I have no beef with people who don't like turn based. I do have beef with people who think Larian should chase a broader audience spending enormous resources just to make a game they don't actually want to make themselves.

Game design by committee is awful. BG3 is a success and great because Larian went all out on making the game they wanted to play.

I'm not really a RTw/P enojyer, but I really liked how DA:O did combat and prefer it over BG3, but I prefer BG3 over something like Pillars.

I'm sure what DA:O does differently, maybe it's just slower with MMO auto-attacks or something, but it is a very easy system to use.

• Halal 1

Im getting closer to the end of Act II. Havent been to moonrise yet but have done just about all the other side missions and cleared almost all of the map up to moonrise. 

Spoiler

im at the very end of the gauntlet, final fight with balthazar

recruited hailsin

finished karlachs quest for now

saved thaniel and the other evil twin to reunite

beat the toll collector

I will say that if Act III is as good as Act 1 and 2, not only is this GOTY; this is easily in my top 5 of all time (and im not really a fan of turn-based combat). 

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Im getting closer to the end of Act II. Havent been to moonrise yet but have done just about all the other side missions and cleared almost all of the map up to moonrise. 

Reveal hidden contents

I will say that if Act III is as good as Act 1 and 2, not only is this GOTY; this is easily in my top 5 of all time (and im not really a fan of turn-based combat). 

Act III is awesome. The only "problem" with it is the very very end after it's all "done" you don't get a lot of closure on the characters themselves. But the whole act otherwise is awesome. Oh, and I guess it technically harsher on systems with framerate drops. But this isn't so bad for a turn-based game.

3 hours ago, legend said:

Haha I think that's okay. I have no beef with people who don't like turn based. I do have beef with people who think Larian should chase a broader audience spending enormous resources just to make a game they don't actually want to make themselves.

Game design by committee is awful. BG3 is a success and great because Larian went all out on making the game they wanted to play.

I just wanted to know if that was his Twitter :nottalking:

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Because you hate turn based :p 

i actually don't and have played and enjoyed several turn based games. I actually prefer Dragon Age Origins' approach though. I never insisted that Balder's Gate 3 shouldn't be turn based and actually plan on playing it at some point. I'm not in this thread insisting the game should be something it isn't :shrug:

• stepee 1

I've loved tactical turn based games since Final Fantasy Tactics. I can't handle traditional JRPG turn based anymore though. 

And I'm replaying on tactician. I played the last battle on tactician with my old character and it was barely a difference in difficulty so I'm guessing againg there is gonna be a point where I'm OP for the difficulty but later down the line. I'm hoping they add a difficulty level past it at some point. But I'm having fun with my drow bard and I like how this mode actually makes you use items. I barely used them the first time around.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i actually don't and have played and enjoyed several turn based games. I actually prefer Dragon Age Origins' approach though. I never insisted that Balder's Gate 3 shouldn't be turn based and actually plan on playing it at some point. I'm not in this thread insisting the game should be something it isn't :shrug:

So, you’re saying that’s not your Twitter

:notsure:

29 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I'm at the point in act 2 where I fight 

Reveal hidden contents

and my party is lvl 7. I feel like I've done most things am I in for a hard time? not sure what or where I could go to maybe get to 8

Might be a little harder, but I didn't find that fight especially hard in general, so I think you'll be okay.

Prior to the fight did you choose to

Spoiler

Rescue the Nightsong? If so, she'll fight with you and is pretty bad ass.

BTW, to anyone who hasn't started yet, I wanted to say that the Dark Urge "resist" really ought to be the "canonical" origin and story. It ties in very deeply the main story and resolves nicely. 

I totally get why there is a no-background character. It's DnD: you might want to RP a different kind of character origin. But Dark Urge resist is awesome and shouldn't be missed. And you can play it with any appearance, so you're not quite as locked in as another origin character.

1 hour ago, legend said:

Might be a little harder, but I didn't find that fight especially hard in general, so I think you'll be okay.

Prior to the fight did you choose to

Hide contents

Rescue the Nightsong? If so, she'll fight with you and is pretty bad ass.

i did save them yes.  ill give it a shot then and see how i can do with their help

• Halal 1

I find this pretty sad.

3guP6MSRyubd.png?o=1

(Josh was the director of Pillars of Eternity 1/2 and later Pentiment)

It sucks that he sees this as very unlikely, because the message should have been that gamers want these kinds of games and MS owns one of the few studios who is capable of competing with Larian in the space, if they were given the budget. MS ought to jump on that opportunity.

I'm going to start a new playthrough as totally evil, and model my party after the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia gang. Only thing I can't decide is who should be the main character. I will use mods to custom make my companions.

Night Man (Mac) - Unarmed Monk with incredible perception (ocular patdown)

Day Man (Dennis) - Wizard in as tight-fitting clothing as possible. Lawful evil.

Trash Man (Frank) - Dwarf barbarian who only throws things, is incredibly greedy

Charlie - Halfling bard who uses song (and his connection to animals)

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm going to start a new playthrough as totally evil, and model my party after the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia gang. Only thing I can't decide is who should be the main character. I will use mods to custom make my companions.

Night Man (Mac) - Unarmed Monk with incredible perception (ocular patdown)

Day Man (Dennis) - Wizard in as tight-fitting clothing as possible. Lawful evil.

Trash Man (Frank) - Dwarf barbarian who only throws things, is incredibly greedy

Charlie - Halfling bard who uses song (and his connection to animals)

what are wizards starting CHA ?  Dennis needs to be a high charisma character to manipulate people.  maybe make him a warlock?

24 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

what are wizards starting CHA ?  Dennis needs to be a high charisma character to manipulate people.  maybe make him a warlock?

20 minutes ago, legend said:

I'd go with Sorcerer if you want something closer to Wizard but with Charisma.

Hmm, that's a good point. Warlock would also fit his personality in terms of making dark deals.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Holy hell (act 3 spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, that was easily the hardest fight in the game and I took the wrong team to it when I did it! Were not for scrolls of 

Spoiler

Otto's irresistible dance

I would have had to reload to an earlier save and change my team makeup. But fortunately, I horde :p 

• Hugs 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Hotfix #8 has been released (the cat has been shaved)