How's this TV for gaming and movies?

HardAct

Samsung QLED

Ok, so after saving up for about 4 months I'm looking to finally buy a gaming 65" TV that will be used for Movies too and as a PC monitor in the future. As many know we have been through HELL literally this past 6 months. I am now ready to slowly build a gaming room again. Do any of you own this TV? how is it Input lag wise, I think I read it's about 22mls? I have to have it be a very good PC gaming Monitor even though I do not own a desktop yet! So any input would be greatly appreciated really guys! I really wanted a Oled LG but I can afford that now, kinda bummed but I think this is a good second bet huh? Thanks guy, I'll check back later and see what you all think. Really hoping some of you own this exact TV and will have real woulrd thoughts. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q60-q60r-qled

1080p @ 60 Hz 
 : 14.2 ms
 1080p @ 60 Hz Outside Game Mode 
 : 71.3 ms
 1440p @ 60 Hz 
 : 14.1 ms
 4k @ 60 Hz 
 : 14.2 ms
 4k @ 60 Hz + HDR 
 : 14.3 ms
 4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 
 : 14.8 ms
 4k @ 60 Hz Outside Game Mode 
 : 64.8 ms
 4k @ 60 Hz With Interpolation 
 : 37.6 ms
 8k @ 60 Hz 
 : N/A
 1080p @ 120 Hz 
 : 9.7 ms
 1440p @ 120 Hz 
 : 9.8 ms
 4k @ 120 Hz 
 1080p with Variable Refresh Rate 
 : 5.9 ms
 1440p with VRR 
 : 6.1 ms
 4k with VRR 
 : 13.9 ms
 8k with VRR 
 Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) 
 : Yes

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You’ve been saving 4 months already, just keep saving for the thing you actually want.

Yea, plus, I've already seen the C9 (2019 LG OLED) discounted to the $2100-2200 range, by the summer I'd expect $1800-ish... BUT, thinking about it, an OLED really wouldn't be good as a PC monitor due to potential burn-in.

That TV is available cheaper elsewhere.

There are also places to get an LG OLED for only a few hundred more than your link.  IMHO, the right time to buy a new TV is around Black Friday -- those deals are hard to beat.  If you're not all that concerned about timing, I would wait until then.

Based on the reports I've read about burn-in, I wouldn't use the OLED as a PC monitor.

4 hours ago, mikechorney said:

That TV is available cheaper elsewhere.

There are also places to get an LG OLED for only a few hundred more than your link.  IMHO, the right time to buy a new TV is around Black Friday -- those deals are hard to beat.  If you're not all that concerned about timing, I would wait until then.

Based on the reports I've read about burn-in, I wouldn't use the OLED as a PC monitor.

also i have to use it as a PC gaming tv too, so this is a huge concern and is why I'm looking at Qled Samsung. I just went in and looked at them and the 2019's are just a few hundred more so I'm looking at a newer Qled with 2.1 HDMI. Input lag is around 22Mls that's pretty good in gaming mode. I'm just about to pull the trugger when I saw a 75 Inch for just a few hundred more than that, so around 1900 with no sales tax and 5% back as rewards is very tempting!

So knowing all that and with all your expertise what is the best bang for the buck wanting 2.1 but with Input lag under 25? 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, it’s okay, a Q8-Q9 are a lot better as is an OLED but the Q6 series is a great budget TV, especially considering the 2019 models have HDMI 2.1. You could also look into Vizio’s QLED.

I'm afraid of Oleds using it as a PC monitor and this will be a huge part of it's life!

5 minutes ago, HardAct said:

also i have to use it as a PC gaming tv too, so this is a huge concern and is why I'm looking at Qled Samsung. I just went in and looked at them and the 2019's are just a few hundred more so I'm looking at a newer Qled with 2.1 HDMI. Input lag is around 22Mls that's pretty good in gaming mode. I'm just about to pull the trugger when I saw a 75 Inch for just a few hundred more than that, so around 1900 with no sales tax and 5% back as rewards is very tempting!

So knowing all that and with all your expertise what is the best bang for the buck wanting 2.1 but with Input lag under 25? 

HDMI 2.1 devices should have a special low latency/input lag mode, it’s part of HDMI 2.1 standard.

4 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I'm afraid of Oleds using it as a PC monitor and this will be a huge part of it's life!

If you’re just using it for PC gaming it’s actually fine to use OLED. If you’re using it as an actual monitor, like for long term viewing of your desktop and surfing the web, that’s where it’s an issue.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

HDMI 2.1 devices should have a special low latency/input lag mode, it’s part of HDMI 2.1 standard.

If you’re just using it for PC gaming it’s actually fine to use OLED. If you’re using it as an actual monitor, like for long term viewing of your desktop and surfing the web, that’s where it’s an issue.

I like the low latency mode didn't know that!

THIS

Is the TV I have decided on, well about 80% sold. I live now In Oregon so no sales tax, and If I use Best Buys 5% cash back it's a good deal. Now just to find the best place to buy it. It will be used as a Gaming / Pc monitor most and as a Movie TV also so what is your final thoughts? 

I really appreciate the reply's it has helped me so much in this decision. I won't be buying it today but I am now in the Hunt for the best deal! I do love that it is only 13.4 Ms input lag with Game mode on and has free sync . . . 

whats the difference between Samsungs Q70 and Q8f?

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, plus, I've already seen the C9 (2019 LG OLED) discounted to the $2100-2200 range, by the summer I'd expect $1800-ish... BUT, thinking about it, an OLED really wouldn't be good as a PC monitor due to potential burn-in.

I'm thinking about going OLED this summer.  My Panasonic plasma has a black bar that keeps popping up every time I turn my TV on and while it goes away, it's sticking around longer and longer now.  I'm considering buying it from a store with a warranty plan that warrants screen burn because I don't want to have to limit my game time.  The 2019 LG OLED's have everything I want and Samsung dropped the ball big time this year.  1 HDMI 2.1 port and still no Dolby Vision is such an annoyance for the price you pay when LG has 2.1 in all its ports as well as support for all HDR formats.

16 hours ago, vaxick said:

I'm thinking about going OLED this summer.  My Panasonic plasma has a black bar that keeps popping up every time I turn my TV on and while it goes away, it's sticking around longer and longer now.  I'm considering buying it from a store with a warranty plan that warrants screen burn because I don't want to have to limit my game time.  The 2019 LG OLED's have everything I want and Samsung dropped the ball big time this year.  1 HDMI 2.1 port and still no Dolby Vision is such an annoyance for the price you pay when LG has 2.1 in all its ports as well as support for all HDR formats.

Q70

From what I'm seeing and reading, the Q70 has 4 Hdmi 2.1 inputs, not just one like you stated. I do see that only one supports ARC but that's not a big deal. So if Dolby Vision is the hold up I understand though. I have to have it as a PC monitor too, though I'm not in an affordable situation to build a PC Computer yet, I will soon and really hope I can have at least a 1080Ti but most likely a 2080Ti for the future proofing I need. I really miss my PC gaming. I need the TV first though. I do know the Oleds are known to be better all around especially for the blacks. I think the Q70 is the sweet spot, nice upgrades from the Q60, but not that far behind the Q80 to justify the price. Money is a huge issue though so I'm not going to have a TV or a PC right now. I'm really trying to make my money stretch, 

So glad I had the time I did with my Son, I'm a mess without him in our lives. the loss of our home and Him has made me really appreciate what we have. What we had and how well off we were is stunning from where we are now! I will bounce back, it's gonna take some time. I used my entire savings on making my son as comfortable as we could! Can't believe he's gone. Hate that I'm a renter again too, my head spinns thinking about it. Hard to concentrate on what TV to buy as most days are just a blur. Things are getting better, my Daughter is getting married, My other Son and his Kids are coming out to stay with us for 2 weeks, and my Mom is coming also for 1 week during that time so that will be so fucking amazing!

21 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

And here I was about to ask what made a tv ok for console gaming, but not for PC gaming because of burn in. 

That makes sense. 

Ok, ok I cant do it. I cant buy the Samsung Q70 I was so close but seeing these LG's I cant not go with one. Looks like my Nu8000 will get more time on it than I expected

I've spent the past 3 days surfing and going to stores to see these TVs in person and watching countless reviews and I cant seem to get past the LG oleds. Now I'm super worried about burn in as I will have this as a PC monitor along with having a xbox one and ps4 hooked up. So kinda scared about that. But the picture is stunning and many here have said this same thing. So this is where I'm at. I'm going to wait a watch prices on these 2 TVs and i need your thoughts on them as gaming TV if you guys own them or have experience with the at all. And please any of you use these 2 TVs as PC monitors plz advise me on the burning! Below is the TV and I need to know the differences between the 2 other than the 300 bucks and if it better to go for the more expencive one

Here they are.....

LG Oled B8 Series

And this one ......

LG C8 Oled series

Know I know there expencive but I want my next TV to be amazing and I'll probable have to now wait another few months maybe more. Only hesitation other than the cost is using it as a PC monitor. They are fantastic looking and I really want movies to blow us away too

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

Ok, ok I cant do it. I cant buy the Samsung Q70 I was so close but seeing these LG's I cant not go with one. Looks like my Nu8000 will get more time on it than I expected

I've spent the past 3 days surfing and going to stores to see these TVs in person and watching countless reviews and I cant seem to get past the LG oleds. Now I'm super worried about burn in as I will have this as a PC monitor along with having a xbox one and ps4 hooked up. So kinda scared about that. But the picture is stunning and many here have said this same thing. So this is where I'm at. I'm going to wait a watch prices on these 2 TVs and i need your thoughts on them as gaming TV if you guys own them or have experience with the at all. And please any of you use these 2 TVs as PC monitors plz advise me on the burning! Below is the TV and I need to know the differences between the 2 other than the 300 bucks and if it better to go for the more expencive one

Here they are.....

LG Oled B8 Series

And this one ......

LG C8 Oled series

Know I know there expencive but I want my next TV to be amazing and I'll probable have to now wait another few months maybe more. Only hesitation other than the cost is using it as a PC monitor. They are fantastic looking and I really want movies to blow us away too

By “a monitor” do you just mean PC gaming or will you be surfing the web (ie: these boards) on the TV? 

Yes using it as a PC monitor to play games and surf the web. That and xbox one x and ps4 pro.

I finally decided to go with Samsung 65" Q8fn the reviews are great but it dosent break the bank. 

I'll be throwing everything I can at it the first few weeks to see if it's got what it takes. I know itll not be ideal for the gaming rig I'm building no ow but can do 4k 60hrz and has free sync. I'm hearing geforce is allowing freesync with its cards now so I'll see. Has to be a huge step up from the nu8000 I'm using now

2 hours ago, Rodimus said:

nice. I can't wait to hear how the setup goes. I recommend that you use the correct cables for 4k.

Eh? Get monoprice or amazon basic HDMI 2.0-2.1 certified cables

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Make sure to buy Monster cables.

Dear, god, no. I know you're joking but :p 

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

Yes using it as a PC monitor to play games and surf the web. That and xbox one x and ps4 pro.

I finally decided to go with Samsung 65" Q8fn the reviews are great but it dosent break the bank. 

I'll be throwing everything I can at it the first few weeks to see if it's got what it takes. I know itll not be ideal for the gaming rig I'm building no ow but can do 4k 60hrz and has free sync. I'm hearing geforce is allowing freesync with its cards now so I'll see. Has to be a huge step up from the nu8000 I'm using now

Yea, you def do not want OLED if you're going to be surfing the web. The Q8 is a good alternative.

19 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Make sure to buy Monster cables.

will buy top end cables. This really sucks. Losing a Home and everything that goes with it, cables are proving difficult. I had one hell of a collection of cables, good ones for ebery occasion. Having to buy them for each and everything I do suck and is a constant reminder . . . 

11 minutes ago, HardAct said:

will buy top end cables. This really sucks. Losing a Home and everything that goes with it, cables are proving difficult. I had one hell of a collection of cables, good ones for ebery occasion. Having to buy them for each and everything I do suck and is a constant reminder . . . 

No. Do not buy monster cables. There’s literally no difference and it’s absolutely a waste of money. Get monoprice.