~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

On 7/22/2024 at 9:20 PM, marioandsonic said:

I do, and it's probably the only reason I'm sane right now 

I've been on meds since 2018 and looking back it was probably the worst decision I've ever made. Now I'm on 4 different serious medications that have turned me into a lifeless zombie. I lost everything that was good about since then. 

The biggest issue is it is EXTREMELY difficult to get off the meds I'm on. So it's a terrible situation to be in. I'm not insinuating that all medication is bad but looking back I should have just stayed in intensive therapy and worked on my issues without meds. 

sigh was doing a walk around of my car before bringing it in for service and discovered this, no idea when it happened so presumably I parked next to someone who swiped my car and didn't leave a note or anything. 

20240731_090354.jpg

Just now, Chris- said:

Doesn't look too significant.

The paint damage isn't but I'm not sure how big of a deal that light getting knocked out of position like that is. 

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

As long as the connection is present it should still work 

So I can just leave it like that as long as it still lights up?

Just now, Jason said:

So I can just leave it like that as long as it still lights up?

For now; eventually get it checked out by a mechanic to confirm no damage to the wiring etc but it’s not pressing

doubt it’ll need any body work 

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm so sorry for being so weak.  I'm a fucking failure. 

If anyone knows of a good place to drop off my cat, let me know.  At least then, it'll only be me that will suffer and die on the streets.

@marioandsonic don't believe that shit man, it's not accurate; it's your brain finding patterns, which is what it does, but it's using incomplete data. 

The way you're feeling is only temporary, and it will get better. I'm going to PM you my number. Call me if you want. 

6 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm so sorry for being so weak.  I'm a fucking failure. 

If anyone knows of a good place to drop off my cat, let me know.  At least then, it'll only be me that will suffer and die on the streets.

Also, let us know how we can help you out financially.

But please, if you have any alcohol in your apartment, pour it down the sink - it's not doing you any good!

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

But please, if you have any alcohol in your apartment, pour it down the sink - it's not doing you any good!

I second both of these things, @marioandsonic. We love you and love talking to you here. If you need a bit of financial help, let us know, and let us know how to get it to you best. Nothing wrong with that, I've received help numerous times over the years from people (both in my life, and here). Leaning on community only makes our bonds stronger, there's no shame in it.

Also, do you have any pics of your cat? What's their name?

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Any alcohol I had was drank last night, so I'm out.  I have no interest in buying more.

2024 has just been possibly the worst year of my life.  When my grandmother passed away on New Year's, that should have been the red flag right there.

I do have a job interview scheduled for Tuesday, and my younger brother has some connections to some guy about another possible job.

But still, this last month and a half since I got laid off has left me feeling very old, and very, very tired.  I hope it doesn't last, but...yeah, tired would be the perfect word to describe it.

• Hugs 5

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Any alcohol I had was drank last night, so I'm out.  I have no interest in buying more.

2024 has just been possibly the worst year of my life.  When my grandmother passed away on New Year's, that should have been the red flag right there.

I do have a job interview scheduled for Tuesday, and my younger brother has some connections to some guy about another possible job.

But still, this last month and a half since I got laid off has left me feeling very old, and very, very tired.  I hope it doesn't last, but...yeah, tired would be the perfect word to describe it.

Everyone in here loves you bud, and if someone doesn’t they can fight me.

• stepee 1

I just adopted another dog today. She has a vet appointment tomorrow to check her leg (the rescue thinks it’s just a growing pain or she stepped wrong on the gravel outside this morning, but they want to bring her to the vet before they let me bring her home), so I’ll probably get her in a few days:

IMG-0700.jpg
IMG-0701.jpg

Half German Shepherd, half Great Pyrenees. Her and her siblings were found in a box on the side of the road in Texas, left to die. People are absolute monsters.

Anyway, we wanted another dog because Erebus (our 15 month old dog) desperately needs a friend. Sticking with the god and/or day/light cycle theme, we were thinking Astrea for her name, but also have Luna, Athena, and Artemis on the table.

• stepee 5
  • Hugs 2

18 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Heathrow is such a cluster chuckle airport 

The best part of Heathrow is having to go through security again if you change terminals because the inter-terminal shuttle technically goes off airport property for 2 seconds.

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:52 AM, marioandsonic said:

Job hunting is actually the hardest job on the planet. So that makes all the sense in the world.

• True 1

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

The best part of Heathrow is having to go through security again if you change terminals because the inter-terminal shuttle technically goes off airport property for 2 seconds.

That’s why I fucking walked underground 

And after ten hours I was fine walking 

So this is a new one for me...

I'd been hanging out a lot with a woman who lives in my building (just around the corner, in fact) for about two months, slowly becoming friends, going out to eat, watching movies together, making a couple Costco runs together :lol:, etc.  It seems like we're very compatible, we have a lot to talk about, good communication, respect, chemistry, laughter, etc. A couple weeks ago things got pretty flirty, but still nothing really happened, but we finally had "the talk". She said that while she "has a bit of a crush" on me, she didn't want to date me because we live too close and she's worried about not feeling good about being home if things don't work out. 

I never meet new people these days, and I rarely feel such a good connection. To have it blow up in my face... Ugh. Dating in your late 30s sucks balls. 

</Day1Blog>

• stepee 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

So this is a new one for me...

I'd been hanging out a lot with a woman who lives in my building (just around the corner, in fact) for about two months, slowly becoming friends, going out to eat, watching movies together, making a couple Costco runs together :lol:, etc.  It seems like we're very compatible, we have a lot to talk about, good communication, respect, chemistry, laughter, etc. A couple weeks ago things got pretty flirty, but still nothing really happened, but we finally had "the talk". She said that while she "has a bit of a crush" on me, she didn't want to date me because we live too close and she's worried about not feeling good about being home if things don't work out. 

I never meet new people these days, and I rarely feel such a good connection. To have it blow up in my face... Ugh. Dating in your late 30s sucks balls. 

</Day1Blog>

I think she did make a valid point. But if the connection is as good as you are describing then it really is unfortunate she couldn't just go for it! And yea, dating and trying to get into a relationship in your late 30s early 40s is extremely difficult. 

• Hugs 1