The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Framber and Caballero have previous beef. It was lame, I’m not a fan of throwing at dudes. It was cool seeing Jrod go grab Framber. They are good friends.

Also, Caballero is the kind of player you love on your team but hate on the opposing team. Like the Pat Beverly of the MLB. A total pest with his base running antics 😂

And Altuve’s 2,000th hit ending in him getting thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double is suuuper on brand 😂 dude is the most aggressive player in baseball. Was fun to be in the building for it with my boys who have only known the Astros really during the Altuve era. I was the age of my oldest when Craig Biggio got his 2k hit (eventually joking the 3k club) and it’s something I still remember vividly watching on TV.

On 8/20/2023 at 5:01 PM, sblfilms said:

Rangers, Astros, and Ms are all separated by 3 game spread with 6 weeks to go. If the playoffs started today, all three are in.

Update: the spread is now 2 games with the Rangers losing in extras and the Astros and Ms thumping the Red Sox and White Sox respectively.

29 minutes ago, Brian said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0816%2Fr1211506_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Rays shortstop Wander Franco was placed on administrative leave by MLB on Tuesday amid multiple investigations into alleged relationships he had with underaged girls in his native...

They don’t really say it clearly in this article, but moving him to administrative leave was said by Passan and Rosenthal last week when he originally went to the restricted list to be an indication that MLB has found compelling evidence of a violation. They have to have legit reasons to move him to the administrative leave, whereas they can basically put a player on the short-term restricted list based solely on accusation. 

The decision not to trade Ohtani before the Aug. 1 deadline has been followed by 13 losses in a stretch of 18 games, including a seven-game losing streak, dropping the Angels' playoff odds below 1%. 

Read this on ESPN. I get it why you didn’t trade him, but I can only imagine the haul they could have got if they did. Angels has to be the biggest bidder this off-season. 

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wilyer Abreu looks promising. Least we should see some previews from exciting young prospects here in the last month of the season. 

I was sad to see him go in the trade last season. I was very high on him while he was in the Astros farm system. Was super neat to be there to see his first major league appearance and hit. Your Sox got a good one.

That being said, holy moly are the Red Sox very bad at defense. Felt like every inning the last two nights they had some sort of defensive blunder.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I was sad to see him go in the trade last season. I was very high on him while he was in the Astros farm system. Was super neat to be there to see his first major league appearance and hit. Your Sox got a good one.

That being said, holy moly are the Red Sox very bad at defense. Felt like every inning the last two nights they had some sort of defensive blunder.

It’s been an atrocious defensive season. 

I am legit excited about some of these prospects and some younger guys like Duran and Bello making contributions. It’s a promising core for the future even if this season has been full of frustration. 

9 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The Mariners final 10 games are 7 against Texas and 3 against Houston. Gonna be wild. 

If the top 3 in the AL East and the top 3 in the AL West stay bunched up, legit Ms or Rangers cloudless end the other’s season easily with those 7 games over 10 days. That last 4 game set ought to be bonkers.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

If the top 3 in the AL East and the top 3 in the AL West stay bunched up, legit Ms or Rangers cloudless end the other’s season easily with those 7 games over 10 days. That last 4 game set ought to be bonkers.

Imagine if we get another Jays Vs Rangers Wild Card matchup again. That would be the one to watch. Maybe not for the game but for the fisticuffs 

3 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Imagine if we get another Jays Vs Rangers Wild Card matchup again. That would be the one to watch. Maybe not for the game but for the fisticuffs 

I want Vladdy or Bo to hit a walk off nuke and chuck that bat into outer space like Bautista