The Mariners

thewhyteboar

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Hits too close to home. 😂 

Yanks under .500 in July. Hopefully this gets Cashman to make a deal.  Soto/Ohtani or bust! Let’s goooooo

Winning always papers over the holes. Same thing I feel about Dusty Baker. Astros win a lot, so people forget that the guy makes some of the worst decisions (and not in hindsight, knowledgeable fans throw a fit like the above WHEN IT HAPPENS) in crucial moments of the game and I just don’t expect in the playoffs that he won’t lose at least a game per series on dumb calls.

What a stupid series. Dusty doing all sorts of dumb stuff like batting Yuli Gurriel second today. Only explanation I can give is that the Astros don’t actually want to be the #1 seed in the AL. 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yankees acquire unvaccinated Andrew Benintendi, an interesting move given the high probability of an ALDS matchup with Toronto

I guess this means we are out on Soto. Hope we can land an arm or two before the window closes. 

Also, no shock the Yankees pick up a complete Astro killer in Benintendi. They should scoop up Tony Kemp too while they are at it 😂

Looks like the Rogers Centre (it’s the fucking SkyDome damn’it, sorry) will get a $300M renovation for extending the life of the place for another 10-15 years. I’ve been their several times over the years and I like what I see. The outfield seats were fucking super tight for ass and legs. The very tippy top of that 500lvl is steep and like the openness they have planned for the 23-24 season. Outfield by the opening of next season

spacer.png

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

I swear to fucking god this is Verlander’s 40th start against the Mariners. Just retire already. Please. Move to the light. 

I think I saw on the local broadcast or maybe an Astros beat writer that JV has 20 wins against the Ms which is the only team outside of the AL Central, where he pitched the rest of his career, that he has 20 wins.