~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Convicted Felon/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

39 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It's really fascinating for someone who lies as often as he breathes, that he's so bad at lying. Remember when he wished Maxwell well?

And it’s funnier in context. He was asked if he’d declassify the JFK stuff “yes” he replies and asked if he’d declassify 9/11 stuff “yes” he again replies. When the  asked about the Epstein stuff he equivocates lol. 

Also worth noting he said he’d declassify all this stuff before his previous term. And didn’t. 

On 6/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, MarSolo said:

If the debates happen, which considering the first is supposed to happen in like two weeks… I think it’s going to remind A LOT of people how bad Trump is.

A lot of those “gEnOcIdE jOe” kids are going to be lining up at the polls the next day and camping out in fear after that.

Dude, the people who are protesting genocide don’t see Biden as better, and are not going to line up to vote. Most of them aren’t going to vote at all.

the democrats (and republicans, but they were never voting that way) spent months smearing them while propping up a government slaughtering civilians. They aren’t suddenly going to support him. Unless Biden demands a ceasefire and stops the shipment of offensive weapons, he is not getting those votes back. 

Democrats may very well find out what happens when you constantly punch left while trying to win republican votes. 

Putting aside the reality of the situation, Trump and his ilk parroting genocide joe really gives up the whole game, doesn’t it?  Why call him genocide Joe unless you believe it’s actually a genocide, and if you don’t believe it’s a genocide then why call him that?

The number of people who will actually vote third party/abstain because of the war in Israel I can probably count on my hands. And they’re in Michigan and quite frankly 1) fuck Michigan, 2) these people are just loud and online, not representative of the country and 3) as we’ve seen on this board where he called for a ceasefire it was “too little too late” so fuck them, even when they get what they’re asking for you still say it isn’t good enough? Fuck off, not everyone gets to have perfect opinions all the time but having someone who is willing to listen and move towards what you’re advocating for is what you want in a leader. 

Anyway, whatever. It’s the economy, dumbass. That’s what will decide the election. And quite frankly Trump is getting off Scott free at this point because of rose tinted glasses. 

• True 2
  • Sicko 1

28 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The number of people who will actually vote third party/abstain because of the war in Israel I can probably count on my hands. And they’re in Michigan and quite frankly 1) fuck Michigan, 2) these people are just loud and online, not representative of the country and 3) as we’ve seen on this board where he called for a ceasefire it was “too little too late” so fuck them, even when they get what they’re asking for you still say it isn’t good enough? Fuck off, not everyone gets to have perfect opinions all the time but having someone who is willing to listen and move towards what you’re advocating for is what you want in a leader. 

Anyway, whatever. It’s the economy, dumbass. That’s what will decide the election. And quite frankly Trump is getting off Scott free at this point because of rose tinted glasses. 

I don't even get the rose tinted economy glasses.  I remember 2020 as the year shit was hard to find and I had to pay my brother's rent and bills all spring because he got furloughed and unemployment had a wait time of months.  Oh and the President would go to a podium every few days and bicker with lady reporters about being too nasty.

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I don't even get the rose tinted economy glasses.  I remember 2020 as the year shit was hard to find and I had to pay my brother's rent and bills all spring because he got furloughed and unemployment had a wait time of months.  Oh and the President would go to a podium every few days and bicker with lady reporters about being too nasty.

Oh yeah that’s the stupidest bit, if we’re grading presidents on things outside of their control a la the economy, Trump does abysmally by any metric. I think they and many people are trying to erase 2020 entirely and focus on 2017-2019 when yeah things weren’t bad but the groundwork for the inflation we see now was partially laid. 

5 hours ago, finaljedi said:

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Oh yeah that’s the stupidest bit, if we’re grading presidents on things outside of their control a la the economy, Trump does abysmally by any metric. I think they and many people are trying to erase 2020 entirely and focus on 2017-2019 when yeah things weren’t bad but the groundwork for the inflation we see now was partially laid. 

Trump's name was on the stimulus checks but Biden left his name off the last one. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump's name was on the stimulus checks but Biden left his name off the last one. 

Same energy as “people are still living off their stimulus checks” from unnamed business leaders in Bloomberg in March 2023

On 6/6/2024 at 9:41 AM, finaljedi said:

Single issue voters in a Presidential election are the worst.  Especially when the other guy is the same or worse on that issue.

You would totally vote for Hitler if all he was doing is killing Jews right?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I bet this sounded real good when you typed it out

He did a lot of good for Germany at first. If it was basically anyone but Trump that Biden was running against there isn't a whole lot of difference. Genocide is definitely a single issue worth voting against. However Trump is more dangerous to the whole world than Biden is.

8 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

He did a lot of good for Germany at first. If it was basically anyone but Trump that Biden was running against there isn't a whole lot of difference. Genocide is definitely a single issue worth voting against. However Trump is more dangerous to the whole world than Biden is.

I agree which is why I’m voting for Biden to try to limit the Russian genocide in Ukraine

theres nothing we can really do in Israel to stop whatever it is they’re doing there outside of the diplomatic process. Pulling weapons support only loses any leverage we have and won’t meaningfully stop their efforts

49 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

If it was basically anyone but Trump that Biden was running against there isn't a whole lot of difference

Cat What GIF by truth

50 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Genocide is definitely a single issue worth voting against.

Good thing Biden isn't committing genocide, then.

No see America can just wave a magic wand and fix EVERYTHING guys! But the shared history of colonialism and white supremacy that the Jews are tots known for means the oppressor state that is America allows it cause as we all know, there was never colonial expansion in that region of the world until zionists!

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

I'm genuinely asking because I don't know, what are you trying to say here? No one on this board is for genocide, regardless of wherever they fall on the issue of the current Israel/Gaza/Palestine conflict. You agree that Biden is better overall, even for Gaza, than Trump would be. The current general election will be Biden vs. Trump, so all that matters is Biden vs. Trump, and so it logically follows that if Biden is better than Trump, even on Gaza, we must vote Biden so Trump doesn't get elected instead, which would be worse for Gaza, as we just laid out.

No one here will tell you, if it was Trump on the one side and Biden was being seriously challenged during the primary by other candidates to vote Biden anyway. Instead, yeah, vote for the candidate during the primary who you feel would do better on Gaza than Biden has, single issue voting during primaries isn't that strange if the issue is large enough, like genocide. But the primary is over, Biden is the candidate against Trump. Ergo, we vote Biden. Not really complicated.

Also, your comparison is not analogous. Netanyahu would be Hitler in your scenario, except Netanyahu is killing Muslims rather than Hitler is killing Jews. Biden isn't Hitler in this scenario at all, so I'm not sure where you're getting this comparison, unless I missed something. Biden is the president of America and doesn't run Israel, nor during this conflict has enough political pressure to make Israel do anything if Israel is committed enough to this operation, which they are because of Netanyahu and his cronies (if Biden had that kind of power, why does Biden refer to Netanyahu as an asshole in private if he could just make Netanyahu do what he wants?). So again, not analogous. 

If it was basically anyone but Trump that Biden was running against there isn't a whole lot of difference. 

I'd definitely push back on this. Trump's positions aren't that much different from any other Republican; he's just much more blatant and more a person who wants to dismantle all checks against him:

Abortion

Biden: Puts pro-choice judges on the bench at record pace, slowly undoing the catastrophic damage Trump did

Trump: Overturned Roe. v Wade, which means women have already been nearly dying or unable to have kids anymore due to not being able to terminate. 

Climate Change

Biden: Signed the biggest climate bill into law in U.S. history, helping to spark a massive green energy manufacturing boom, giving poor-middle class Americans big tax credits for getting energy-efficient appliances.

Trump: Thinks it's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese or something.

Democracy

Biden: Signed legislation making it harder to overturn an election in Congress, makes VP role ceremonial.

Trump: Tried to overturn an election because he got emotional while losing.

Gay Marriage

Biden: Signed Respect for Marriage Act, overturning DOMA, and putting pro-gay marriage judges on the bench

Trump: Puts anti-LGBTQIA judges on the bench, likes Clarence Thomas, who doesn't even think that should be a right.

Guns

Biden: Signed gun control legislation.

Trump: Opposes gun control legislation.

Health Care

Biden: Extended Affordable Care Act subsidies, capped insulin prices for Medicare recipients, expanded health care services for veterans, including those exposed to burn pits

Trump: Tried to repeal the ACA without any plan in place

Infrastructure

Biden: Signed the biggest infrastructure bill into law in decades, putting billions in roads, airports, bridges, building an electric network along U.S. highways, removing lead pipes across America, spreading broadband in rural areas.

Trump: Talked about it for a while.

Judges

Biden: Diversified the bench by putting public defenders and civil rights lawyers into judicial positions. Judges support LGBTQIA rights, abortion rights, oppose unlimited money in politics.

Trump: His judges continue to turn your rights yesterday into crimes tomorrow.

Manufacturing

Biden: Expanded computer chip manufacturing in America.

NATO

Biden: Supports its expansion amid Russian aggression.

Trump: lol

Sexual Harassment

Biden: Signed a bill into law voiding workplace NDAs related to sexual assault.

Trump: Looks exactly like if sexual harassment were a person.

Student Loan Debt

Biden: Moved to forgive $20k in Pell Grants and $10k in all other federal loans, which was only stopped by SCOTUS. Since then, he's forgiven tens of billions in student loan debt, including from people who were tricked by scam colleges.

Trump: Doesn't give a shit.

Ukraine

Biden: Supports Ukraine.

Trump: Supports Putin.

Workers vs. Corporations

Biden: Made it easier to unionize, installed a much more progressive FTC which eliminated noncompetes

Trump: Anti-worker.

If you can find me the Republicans who'd be running who would agree with Biden on the majority of this, I'd be interested. ESPECIALLY on judges, which they've creamed their jeans over.

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 4
  • True 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

People have laid out better than me the differences between the two, but even for this one issue it comes down to this:  The plight of the Palestinians doesn't get better if Trump defeats Biden in November.

He's not better with the one issue and is so much worse at literally everything else.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I'd definitely push back on this. Trump's positions aren't that much different from any other Republican; he's just much more blatant and more a person who wants to dismantle all checks against him:

Abortion

Biden: Puts pro-choice judges on the bench at record pace, slowly undoing the catastrophic damage Trump did

Trump: Overturned Roe. v Wade, which means women have already been nearly dying or unable to have kids anymore due to not being able to terminate. 

Climate Change

Biden: Signed the biggest climate bill into law in U.S. history, helping to spark a massive green energy manufacturing boom, giving poor-middle class Americans big tax credits for getting energy-efficient appliances.

Trump: Thinks it's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese or something.

Democracy

Biden: Signed legislation making it harder to overturn an election in Congress, makes VP role ceremonial.

Trump: Tried to overturn an election because he got emotional while losing.

Gay Marriage

Biden: Signed Respect for Marriage Act, overturning DOMA, and putting pro-gay marriage judges on the bench

Trump: Puts anti-LGBTQIA judges on the bench, likes Clarence Thomas, who doesn't even think that should be a right.

Guns

Biden: Signed gun control legislation.

Trump: Opposes gun control legislation.

Health Care

Biden: Extended Affordable Care Act subsidies, capped insulin prices for Medicare recipients, expanded health care services for veterans, including those exposed to burn pits

Trump: Tried to repeal the ACA without any plan in place

Infrastructure

Biden: Signed the biggest infrastructure bill into law in decades, putting billions in roads, airports, bridges, building an electric network along U.S. highways, removing lead pipes across America, spreading broadband in rural areas.

Judges

Biden: Diversified the bench by putting public defenders and civil rights lawyers into judicial positions. Judges support LGBTQIA rights, abortion rights, oppose unlimited money in politics.

Trump: His judges continue to turn your rights yesterday into crimes tomorrow.

Manufacturing

Biden: Expanded computer chip manufacturing in America.

NATO

Biden: Supports its expansion amid Russian aggression.

Trump: lol

Sexual Harassment

Biden: Signed a bill into law voiding workplace NDAs related to sexual assault.

Trump: Looks exactly like if sexual harassment were a person.

Ukraine

Biden: Supports Ukraine.

Trump: Supports Putin.

Workers vs. Corporations

Biden: Made it easier to unionize, installed a much more progressive FTC which eliminated noncompetes

Trump: Anti-worker.

If you can find me the Republicans who'd be running who would agree with Biden on the majority of this, I'd be interested. ESPECIALLY on judges, which they've creamed their jeans over.

Also, Student Loan Debt 

No you see guys if we vote third party and Biden loses he'll learn a lesson that he had to EARN our vote and oops all my rights are gone under Trump why are the cops shooting me with rubber bullets and tear gas for peacefully protesting for Gaza?

Seriously, did people SERIOUSLY memory hole how Trump treated protestors?

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

No you see guys if we vote third party and Biden loses he'll learn a lesson that he had to EARN our vote and oops all my rights are gone under Trump why are the cops shooting me with rubber bullets and tear gas for peacefully protesting for Gaza?

Seriously, did people SERIOUSLY memory hole how Trump treated protestors?

It certainly feels like it, and not just how he treats protestors but everything. It wasn't that long ago so it doesn't speak well, yet again, of the electorate.