~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Convicted Felon/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

Just now, gamer.tv said:

I am enjoying being in a world where being rich is not a barrier to justice. I also look forward to the next two trials.

tbf I don't know if we've seen justice yet. Let's see the sentence. But the Georgia trial is the "real" trial IMO.

• True 1

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Will this just result in fines?

I believe that the sentence is pretty much either incarceration or probation. Incarceration could be in prison, a private facility, or home confinement. Though it seems that the judge could decide to impose fines or community service.

Probation is far more likely based on what I've read.

• Halal 1

In a perfect world this would have no effect on SCOTUS deliberations but you wonder if this might turn up the heat on at least some of the conservatives to be very careful about their immunity ruling.

Before this result I suspect SCOTUS was coasting on a general feeling(even among non-partisans) that these trials were mostly a distraction and the right, indeed Democratic!, way to settle matters is by who wins in November.

Such a resounding, quick, and unanimous loss in New York may turn the tide in public opinion to "We have a right to know who we are voting for before we vote".

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

As a convicted felon, Trump is now ineligible to vote in Florida. 

Ahhhhhh...not exactly true:

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The former president could soon join the millions of Americans whose voting rights depend on their criminal records.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I believe that the sentence is pretty much either incarceration or probation. Incarceration could be in prison, a private facility, or home confinement. Though it seems that the judge could decide to impose fines or community service.

Probation is far more likely based on what I've read.

The judge can take into account his multiple violations of the gag order

and the secret service has been talking with NY Corrections. I hope he gets to do time in Rikers 

• Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The judge can take into account his multiple violations of the gag order

and the secret service has been talking with NY Corrections. I hope he gets to do time in Rikers 

To that point, here's a piece from the Post written before the trial started:

New York attorney Matthew Galluzzo, also a former Manhattan prosecutor, said Trump’s chances of jail would increase substantially if he publicly denigrates the jury or judge and fails to demonstrate contrition for a guilty verdict.

“He risks jail if he loses badly,” Galluzzo said, “and if he disrespects the process as a ‘witch hunt’ and says the judge is biased and that ‘I didn’t do anything wrong.’ The judge might say, ‘Fine, do 90 days in Rikers and see how you like it.”

Trump's comments leaving the courtroom:

Donald Trump addressed reporters as he left the courtroom, calling the trial a “disgrace.”

“This was a rigged trial by a conflicted judge who was corrupt,” he said. "The real verdict is going to be November 5 by the people, and they know what happened here.”

Trump declared “I’m a very innocent man" and falsely stated that the case was “done by the Biden administration in order to wound or hurt a political opponent.”

“We’ll keep fighting, we’ll fight till the end and we’ll win,” he said. “This was a rigged decision right from Day one with a conflicted judge who should have never been allowed to try this case.”

Please lock him up. Even if it's just for a short time. Please please please.

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1

• GeneticBlueprint changed the title to ~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Convicted Felon/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~
2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't this one of the weaker cases against him back when this all got started?

Yes, the STRONGER cases are still pending trial dates

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't this one of the weaker cases against him back when this all got started?

I believe the general consensus was this was, by far, the weakest case against him.

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

8 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

5 minutes ago, outsida said:

Yes, the STRONGER cases are still pending trial dates

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I believe the general consensus was this was, by far, the weakest case against him.

Unfortunately, this will probably be the only case for which an actual verdict will be issued prior to the election.

• Sad 1
  • True 3

Guy next to me in the airline lounge said the whole country is rigged and the Biden administration did this. I wasn't sure if he was saying that's what Trump was saying or what he himself thought but he just said to someone on the phone "hopefully he's in a position where he pardons himself". 

lol cry moar loser 

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1