~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

So I've been getting emails from Columbia about this because I got a master's degree there and their "internal" messaging on this is also garbage.

image.png

NYPD apparently did way more damage to Hamilton Hall than the protestors did.

APNEWS.COM

A civil rights attorney says deputies responding to a disturbance call at a Florida apartment complex burst into the wrong unit and fatally shot a Black U.S.

The great 2A paradox... you're allowed to own a gun for personal safety, cops are allowed to blast if they fear for their safety. It's almost like the problem is too many Americans are armed and too many cops are too happy to shoot them.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy shit...

Jesus fuckin Christ this is absolutely horrible. That mother fucker needs to be lit on fire and die an agonizing death. 

Can we castrate him?

or do dogs matter more than kids?

also yes castrate then throw into the wood chipper, they’re both sub human scum.

i have to have a drink to calm down wtf did I just watch 

Seriously, never ever call the cops for pet related issues. Call animal control if needed, but almost every story I hear of a cop and someone's dog always ends with the cop pissing their pants at the smallest, kindest dog, and them ending up shooting the dog. 

Makes me terrified if my dog ever got loose, or I needed to call the cops over for something because he barks and growls while running up to people, but that's just because he's excited and likes to jump up on them and give them kisses. Can't seem to knock that habit out of him. 

I get the sense that this cop is one of those guys that's inclined to use his gun... like he's been itching for a reason to get some shots off since he joined the force. There was nothing even remotely aggressive about that dog and I'm not even a dog person.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Seriously, never ever call the cops for pet related issues.

It's getting to the point that you should never call the cops for ANY reason outside of life an death situations involving active crimes. Even THEN you might want to think twice...

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's getting to the point that you should never call the cops for ANY reason outside of life an death situations involving active crimes. Even THEN you might want to think twice...

In my experience calling the non emergency line gives cops a reasonable expectation of how to act. Even in urgent matters if you call 911 the dispatcher will say, "is someone in danger?" and if it's not they will say it's not an emergency and call the non emergency line.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Best said:

I watched that twice and still don't understand what happened? The officer shot her because she was boiling water?

I guess they thought she was going to throw the water on them? They were the ones who told her to turn the water off. So damn weird.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do not call the police. Even if there's an intruder, they won't get to you on time to do anything about it. Even if they do, it's a coin flip whether they'd accuse you of being the intruder.

• Halal 2

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I guess they thought she was going to throw the water on them? They were the ones who told her to turn the water off. So damn weird.

So fuckin sad. 

My sister suffers the same mental health issues as this woman, and I worry every time I hear that she or somebody else called the police about one of her odd spells that the next one will end like this.

Hearing the officer say, after murdering the woman, “Yeah, I’m good, the fuckin’ bitch was crazy”…

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 3

On 6/5/2024 at 9:18 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

In my experience calling the non emergency line gives cops a reasonable expectation of how to act. Even in urgent matters if you call 911 the dispatcher will say, "is someone in danger?" and if it's not they will say it's not an emergency and call the non emergency line.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

End qualified immunity, settle civil suits with payments garnished from police pensions. Jesus fucking Christ this shit pisses me off to no end, it’s absolutely horrifying.

That would work. An alternative method would be to require police officers to carry public liability insurance, similar to some other professions like doctors in some places. Insurance companies will figure out real quick who should and shouldn't be an officer.