~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

Untitled-design-3.png?w=1280
KTLA.COM

LAPD Officer Matthew Calleros appears in a booking photo released by the Orange Police Department on Nov. 10, 2020. A Los Angeles police officer has been charged with stealing a truck from a dealer…

A Los Angeles police officer has been charged with stealing a truck from a dealership in Orange and driving the stolen pickup more than a year after changing its status to recovered, prosecutors said Monday.

Gino Gonzalez, a sales manager at the used car lot, told KTLA last November that he remembered Calleros coming in and walking straight to the Silverado, seeming very interested.

“That’s the last thing you ever think,” he said. “There’s people out there that are corrupt and out stealing, and you figure a policeman’s out there to defend and protect. That’s the last thing you want to hear.”

lol Gino, my sweet summer child.

index-3-1612822646.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00x
WWW.ESQUIRE.COM

For years, a tactical police unit in Mount Vernon, New York, reigned with impunity—protecting drug dealers, planting evidence, brutalizing citizens. Then one of its own started covertly documenting the abuse.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Look at all that wasted money.

Ah, but you see the NYPD current budget is ~10B annually, so over ten years that's ~100B so think that ~98% of their money is not paid out to people who have been abused or killed by police officers. This is logically consistent with how reactionaries feel about masks

5 hours ago, Jason said:
M4HYX67VMRZ6ZFBKYZDUZ5DD4Q.jpg
WWW.AJC.COM

Less than a year after Rayshard Brooks was killed by an Atlanta police officer who had questioned him for being asleep and intoxicated in his car, the Georgia Senate backed legislation to...

Right, because it wouldn't make sense at all to teach police how to behave around citizens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I read this earlier today

I have no words.

A father and his teenage daughter walked into the Hyde Park police station last August and reported a heinous crime.

The girl said she had been repeatedly molested from age 7 through 12 by former Boston police union president Patrick M. Rose Sr. Five more people soon came forward, accusing Rose of molesting them as children over the span of three decades, including the girl’s own father.

I can't fucking imagine.

14 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Journalists: we speak TRUTH to speak, we are the LIGHT in the darkness, without us democracy dies.

Also journalists:

This mealy-mouthed passive voice bullshit. 

"The officer was involved because he was standing there watching as the 16 year old shot himself."

52 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Guys - remember that the solution is more/better training!

1618596596452-colorado-woman.png?image-r
WWW.VICE.COM

The officer grabbed the 73-year-old woman, threw her to the grass, and twisted her arms behind her back.

If there's any demographic police kick around like minorities, it's certainly the disabled.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Guys - remember that the solution is more/better training!

1618596596452-colorado-woman.png?image-r
WWW.VICE.COM

The officer grabbed the 73-year-old woman, threw her to the grass, and twisted her arms behind her back.

Fucking infuriating. You know how many times I've been hit by a dementia patient? Fucking hurts. One popped me in my nose once, knocking me on my ass and sending my glasses flying. I got up, made sure she was safe, and walked it off.

Fucking fuck these fucks.