Zinke referred to Justice department by Interior departments Inspector General

Deep state something something...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/10/30/zinkes-own-agency-watchdog-just-referred-him-justice-department/?utm_term=.f4e9d507b0a7

A referral to the Justice Department means that prosecutors will explore whether a criminal investigation is warranted. While an agency’s inspector general regularly issues reports on the findings of its inquiries, it only refers cases to the Justice Department when it has determined that there could be potential criminal violations.

A senior White House official, speaking on the condition of anonymity due the sensitive nature of the matter, said the White House understands that the investigation is looking into whether the secretary “used his office to help himself.”

Since taking office in March 2017, Zinke has come under scrutiny for his travel practices as well as other aspects of his job performance, though his aides have dismissed these allegations as politically motivated. Earlier this month, the inspector general’s office released a report finding that Zinke’s decision to allow his wife to travel with him sparked concerns among the department’s ethics officials. Zinke is one of multiple Cabinet members who may leave after the mid-term elections, according to administration officials.

Just now, Firewithin said:

Is this the new one after the fired one that referred? 

They touch on that a bit in the article, but that never happened i guess.

Zinke is actively looking for a political nominee who could replace Kendall, a career official who has served in an acting capacity since 2009. Two weeks ago Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson sent an email to his staff announcing that one of his top aides, Suzanne Israel Tufts, would be taking over as Interior’s acting inspector general. But Zinke’s aides disavowed this idea several days later, describing Carson’s email as “100 percent false.”

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah I saw this earlier:

So can we talk about why he thinks it's a good idea to shit-talk and threaten the people with direct control of his budget? I mean I guess I get why he did it with a cucked Congressional GOP, but with a Democratic House where his funding has to originate from? WTF?

• 2 months later...